Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

1982 IFBB Women's World Championships NBC Sportsworld (partial recording)

Started by phy911, May 07, 2017, 04:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phy911

1982 World Pro Championships - IFBB


1     Rachel McLish
2     Candy Csencsits*
3     Lynn Pirie*
4     Corine Machado-Ching
5     Deborah Diana*
6     Shelley Gruwell
7     Georgia Fudge
8     Mary Roberts
9     Kay Baxter
10     Christine Reed
11     Jose Baumgartner
12     Carolyn Cheshire
13     Bobbie Price
13     Jacqueline Roos
15     Pam Brooks
15     Angela Graham
17     Elizabeth Lopez
18     Suzy Martin
19     Ricky DeMan
20     Carole Bennett
21     Josian Jamar
22     Gail Lorie
23     Mary Ann Placide
24     Asu Lee Dan
*denotes competitor feature in the video
Thanks to Robert Cox for uploading this to the internet. Discovered while doing VHS capture for a customer he uploaded this partial recording which sadly the rest of the contest was recorded over.



My weekends as a kid were spent at my grandparents house. I typically watch TV reruns of "Tarzan" and the "Lone Ranger." Then I would watch "NBC's Sportsworld" it could be either an interesting sport or something boring.  However one weekend I was faced with something I had never seen before. It was women in swim suits yet these women didn't look like any women I had ever seen before.

I thought I must have stumbled upon a beauty pageant for the worlds greatest female athletes. It seem brilliant to me. A gymnast and a speed skater could not compete against each other in their preferred sport yet by showing who had the biggest muscles they could find out who was the strongest. (This was what my childhood brain determined) I was also convinced that muscle size was directly correlated with strength and these women definitely had bigger muscles than Tarzan or the Lone Ranger. I was uncertain about calling women the weaker sex.

The flags of all the different countries appeared to validate my theory of international competition in my young brain.

The other false notion I believed was that lifting weights turned fat into muscle. I was convinced this woman must have trained her chest so hard that she turned her breasts into muscles.


720x540 MKV X265 29.97fps 9 minutes.

phy911

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →

Patrick_Henry

Street Fighter.. Cool post, appreciate your memories. I remember those occasional televised shows back in the 8os.
They were manna for a young libido.

cmk201

Love your memories. I remember seeing female bodybuilders for the first time.  I was really young, and at the time did not understand what I was feeling, but I knew I liked it.
"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit."  ~ Mitch Hedberg 1968-2005

Blicero

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Patrick_Henry

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Love your memories. I remember seeing female bodybuilders for the first time.  I was really young, and at the time did not understand what I was feeling, but I knew I liked it.

Amen.
I know this was an NBC broadcast, but not too long after this, female bodybuilding was basically relegated to cable TV. I remember bcuz in the late 8os, my parents didn't have cable; so I would look in our local TV guide for when ESPN was broadcasting FBB shows, then show up uninvited at friends' houses to watch their cable.

I used to do the same routine for the original American Gladiators, I think it was on USA, so I'd wander over to a homeboy's house & take over his TV.

oriander2000

The person who invents the software that renders old movies into 4K SHD movies is gonna make billions, I tell you. Billions!

K+ and thanks a lot for your work.
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login