LIVE NOW
Live Muscular Women
Muscular Women Are Live Right Now
Join private chats instantly. Real models. Real-time interaction.
120+ models online now
Start Watching →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Nature vs Nurture

Started by phy911, February 11, 2017, 09:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pakeha

My vote goes to... nurture.

For me it was my aunt. One could argue that if it wasn't her, then there would have been some other image that influenced me, but of course we'll never know :)

My aunt always wore sleeveless shirts so she must have been at least semi-proud of her arms. By no means were they the arms of a fbb as we know them today, but they were nice and thick and she had some definition in her tri's. 

From the age of 5 or 6, maybe younger, I was consumed by her strength and muscles... way before my brain was really able to process it... and way before puberty hit me.

She has shaped my sexual tastes for the rest of my life... which... I'm sure, if she knew, she would be shocked about and/or totally unable to comprehend!
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

pakeha

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

pict

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On how it is to be a muscular woman from one who always was.

When I was a young girl in highschool...the last thing I ever wanted .....was to look like this:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login...and that's how I looked!

I remember crying when I tried on a prom dress .  I looked like Arnold in a ballet costume.  I was made fun of by both the boys and girls.  I hated how I looked.  That stuck with me for decades...until it became AOK to have muscles on a female form...and I won my first contest after 6 months of training....I was in my mid 30's by then.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I'd have to say how the pack marches often rules how we see ourselves. I'd guess that's Behaviorism.  Today after so many years I'm happy to still be breathing let alone in shape !   I'm happy to be able to enjoy a sport at 72 yr old and could give a flying crap what anybody thinks about how I look.   I can cut my own grass in the field....I happy about all that . ( Maslow ...self actualization?) ...dunno

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Both ends of the Nature vs Nurture spectrum plays in but evolves as time passes.  I think about Bruce Jenner who has had happy marriages and many children , an athletic career that puts him in the Hall of Fame and now is able to fulfill something deep inside of himself...he prefers to be a woman.  I doubt that happened over night yet once society accepted transgender more generally, he was able to express that openly. 

It all plays in .

Alison
BTW....I'll never forget being with the Jentz team back in the early 80's on a photoshoot there in Venice California.  They warned me about men they called "muscle-lusters".  I said: " You gotta be kidding!"  ( later Kay Baxter dubbed them Shmoes ).   Ok so now I "get it"   I suppose they always existed undercover...the muscle lusters.  I sure wish I knew a few when I was 18 !  ( ha ha ha )

Allison, I assure you I would've been thrilled to see my prom date look like you looked. So maybe too b ad we didn't know each other when you were 18 (though I would've been 12).
I remember being in love with the muscular neighbor girl when I was pre-K. But even that can't be definitively pinned on nature instead of nurture, because the effects of the environment on our psych likely start happening even before we are born. So who can tell. I suspect both. In what way is it unhealthy for the individual or the species to be attracted to potential mates who demonstrate strength? Actually, I think it is unhealthy both to deny such an attraction and to criticize others for it. And I believe it is likely an unhealthy socialization which results in the ridicule some place on both muscular women and those attracted to them.

alison brundage

Pict,
(smile)  Yup.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
(Last month.)   
Enjoy life be happy.  Don't let what others think dictate who you are. Each time we leave for a week's surf trip our neighbors ( retired and our age) tell us we'd better check our birth certificate before we leave.  Screw that !

Alison
72....you're catchin up Pict at 66 !