Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

women's physique

Started by smpolcalt0196, July 31, 2011, 09:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smpolcalt0196

Looks like women's physique is becoming what it was expected to be: a chance for women who are muscular in figure/bikini competitions to show what they are capable of. With recent wins being awarded to women who have an advantage in symmetry,toneness and aesthetics  would be cautious but look forward to seeing a few crossovers in the next six months.


gwmarti18

nola trimble only getting 4th in the npc usa's is a crime...she got 2nd in the junior nationals and they gave 1st to sheilahe brown who has been a bodybuilder for 27 years and was wayyyyyy too muscular for physique...go to rx muscle or muscular development and see for yourself

someone

The physique category is all about the NPC
and the parties that promote the shows getting entry fees.
Since bodybuilding is a much harder category to compete in, there are less
competitors entering the contests.  I mean really (bikini!!??)!  I'd rather go to
a nude bar.  At least I may get a handjob during a table dance if I throw down some extra
bucks.  The NPC has no loyalty to competitors.  Neither does the IFBB.  They are exploiters of these
awesome athletes. 

For those saradas members that never been to a FBB competition, let me tell you, you get really sick of figure and
bikini really fast.  It all becomes a blur of sequins and fake tan.  They all look the same, do the same quarter turns, and occupy the same space.  Physique is pretty much the same with some muscle shots.  Let me tell you,  I have starved to death sitting in my seat waiting for the first section of the shortclass figure to finish so that 3 hours later at prejudging the FBB could take the stage.

What am I trying to say?  I'll tell you.  The NPC doesn't give a rat's ass about any competitor.  The physique category is stupid along with figure and bikini.  It delegitimizes FBB.  Don't get me wrong a woman with some muscle is better than none.  I also think some are hot but I love hardcore FBB.  Not some fabricated NPC / IFBB  bullshit to generate more revenue.  Personally any sport that has a bikini category is one step away from people throwing singles after a bikini "competitor" leaves the stage. 

1hitomi

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The physique category is all about the NPC
and the parties that promote the shows getting entry fees.
Since bodybuilding is a much harder category to compete in, there are less
competitors entering the contests.  I mean really (bikini!!??)!  I'd rather go to
a nude bar.  At least I may get a handjob during a table dance if I throw down some extra
bucks.  The NPC has no loyalty to competitors.  Neither does the IFBB.  They are exploiters of these
awesome athletes. 

For those saradas members that never been to a FBB competition, let me tell you, you get really sick of figure and
bikini really fast.  It all becomes a blur of sequins and fake tan.  They all look the same, do the same quarter turns, and occupy the same space.  Physique is pretty much the same with some muscle shots.  Let me tell you,  I have starved to death sitting in my seat waiting for the first section of the shortclass figure to finish so that 3 hours later at prejudging the FBB could take the stage.

What am I trying to say?  I'll tell you.  The NPC doesn't give a rat's ass about any competitor.  The physique category is stupid along with figure and bikini.  It delegitimizes FBB.  Don't get me wrong a woman with some muscle is better than none.  I also think some are hot but I love hardcore FBB.  Not some fabricated NPC / IFBB  bullshit to generate more revenue.  Personally any sport that has a bikini category is one step away from people throwing singles after a bikini "competitor" leaves the stage. 

I remember going to a Nationals contest and leaving after half an hour of figure, having lunch and talking with people and returning only to see figure still was going strong 2 hours later! With bikini it's gotten rediculous. And watching the judging of physique has been a real eye opener. They said they wanted the women who were too big for figure but not big enough for bodybuilding yet in competition after competition I've seen figure girls take the class and not the inbetweeners.

westernport

Really, I think the additional of figure, fitness and physique are not only about so-called marketability, but 'revenue-producing'.

I will say, if all the major sports are complaining about revenue and profitability, bodybuilding/fitness/figure,etc., at the amateur (especially) and the professional level are sure not suffering. Then add the supplement/powder companies, vendors, etc., who see all the foot traffic at these shows.

I would think that the federations are giddy with the amount of money they are making as there are more competitors than ever in these contests. I wonder how these athletes feel about the business side of it.

I know they have complete tunnel vision with competing, diet, etc.; however, it's absolutely crazy what I've seen.

kid88833

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The physique category is all about the NPC
and the parties that promote the shows getting entry fees.
Since bodybuilding is a much harder category to compete in, there are less
competitors entering the contests.  I mean really (bikini!!??)!  I'd rather go to
a nude bar.  At least I may get a handjob during a table dance if I throw down some extra
bucks.  The NPC has no loyalty to competitors.  Neither does the IFBB.  They are exploiters of these
awesome athletes. 

For those saradas members that never been to a FBB competition, let me tell you, you get really sick of figure and
bikini really fast.  It all becomes a blur of sequins and fake tan.  They all look the same, do the same quarter turns, and occupy the same space.  Physique is pretty much the same with some muscle shots.  Let me tell you,  I have starved to death sitting in my seat waiting for the first section of the shortclass figure to finish so that 3 hours later at prejudging the FBB could take the stage.

What am I trying to say?  I'll tell you.  The NPC doesn't give a rat's ass about any competitor.  The physique category is stupid along with figure and bikini.  It delegitimizes FBB.  Don't get me wrong a woman with some muscle is better than none.  I also think some are hot but I love hardcore FBB.  Not some fabricated NPC / IFBB  bullshit to generate more revenue.  Personally any sport that has a bikini category is one step away from people throwing singles after a bikini "competitor" leaves the stage. 


What do you think about the bikini category being added in general? When you really think about it that type of stage was meant to display extreme or high amounts of muscularity. In terms of muscularity, a lot of bikini girls really pale in comparison to figure and physique girls and FBBs. Their abdominals and their legs somewhat are the most pronounced bodyparts if that.

someone

The hard fact is figure and bikini can't exist on their own.  It is a parasite to FBB.  Bodybuilding fans like
Bodybuilding.  I like Coke.  Not diet coke.  Muscle is where it's at for
me.  I'd I want in shape strippers I'll go to a strip club.  Best thing we can do is to not patronize it and let the market decide.