Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

When she outgrew him

Started by BravoBoy, October 31, 2024, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BravoBoy

## Episode 5: Ten Months In

The gym had become Sarah's sanctuary and her burden all at once. Here, at least, she didn't have to pretend. But today was different – she stood in front of the mirror, staring at her reflection in disbelief. The large t-shirt she'd bought just last month was already tight across her shoulders.

"Need a spot?" asked Marcus, one of the regular powerlifters. He'd stopped being intimidated by her presence weeks ago, and they'd developed a casual friendship built on mutual respect.

"Sure," Sarah replied, loading plates onto the bar. "Going for a new PR today."

She settled onto the bench, gripping the now-familiar knurling. The weight that had once seemed impossible now felt almost comfortable in her hands. Marcus watched with professional interest as she powered through her warm-up sets.

"You know," he said during her rest period, "you should really consider competing. Your progress is unlike anything I've ever seen."

Sarah managed a weak smile. "I'm not sure that would be... fair." She glanced at her phone – no messages from Mike. He used to always check in during her training sessions.

Updated Stats (10 months in):
Sarah: 5'6" (+0.5") / 160 lbs (+15 lbs muscle)
- Bench Press: 275 lbs x 5 reps (+70 lbs)
- Squat: 365 lbs x 5 reps (+80 lbs)
- Deadlift: 405 lbs x 5 reps (+90 lbs)
- Pull-ups: 30 consecutive reps
- Arms: 16.5 inches flexed
- Thighs: 26 inches

Mike: 5'8" / 158 lbs (+3 lbs)
- Bench Press: 155 lbs x 5 reps (+10 lbs)
- Squat: 185 lbs x 5 reps (+10 lbs)
- Deadlift: 225 lbs x 5 reps (+10 lbs)
- Pull-ups: 8 reps (+2)
- Arms: 13.5 inches flexed
- Thighs: 21.5 inches

At home that evening, Sarah found Mike in their home office, scrolling through research papers.

"Any breakthrough?" she asked, knowing he'd been obsessively searching for scientific explanations for her transformation.

"Maybe," he said, not looking up. "There's this endocrinologist in Sweden who's documented some cases of spontaneous hormonal optimization, but nothing quite like..." He gestured vaguely in her direction.

Sarah leaned against the doorframe, unconsciously crossing her arms – a habit she'd developed to make herself appear smaller, though it only served to emphasize her muscular development. "Mike, we need to talk about us, not about medical journals."

He finally turned to face her, and she saw the dark circles under his eyes. "What's left to say? You're still growing, still getting stronger. I'm..." he trailed off.

"Still my husband," she finished firmly. "Still the man I love."

"Am I?" He stood up, and for the first time, Sarah noticed how their height difference had shrunk. "Because lately, it feels like I'm becoming a footnote in the amazing story of your transformation. The weak husband of the superhuman wife."

"That's not fair," Sarah protested, but her voice caught as she remembered that morning's workout – how she'd loaded more plates onto the bar for her warm-up than Mike's current max.

"Isn't it?" Mike ran a hand through his hair. "I saw you at the gym last week, you know. Came by to surprise you with lunch. You were deadlifting four plates like it was nothing, while everyone watched. Do you know what that felt like? Seeing my wife out-lift every guy in the gym?"

"I can't help what's happening to me," Sarah said softly.

"No, but you love it," Mike replied, and the worst part was – he was right. Despite the strain it put on their relationship, despite the stares and whispers, despite everything... she did love it. The strength, the power, the way her body seemed to defy normal human limitations.

"I do," she admitted. "But that doesn't mean I love you any less."

Mike's expression softened slightly. "I know. That's what makes this so hard." He stepped closer, looking up at her now. "I just don't know where I fit in your life anymore. Literally and figuratively."

Sarah reached for him, then hesitated, suddenly conscious of how her arms dwarfed his. The gesture hung in the air between them, a physical manifestation of their new reality.

"We'll figure it out," she said, trying to sound more confident than she felt. "We have to."

But as they stood there, the distance between them seemed to grow, even as the physical space shrank. Sarah's body cast a shadow in the dimly lit office – a shadow that seemed to represent everything that had changed, and everything that was still changing.

The endocrinologist's papers lay forgotten on the desk, full of hypotheses but no answers. And in the corner of the room, Sarah's old weightlifting belt hung on a hook – a size too small now, like so many things in her life.


jeffbeans

Beautifully written, I love this story!!

phil123

perhaps the hormonal optimization will also help him to get some better results. But she will have most use of the hormonal optimization

phil123

And then she will outgrew the gym.