Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

1981 Ms Olympia

Started by peakfan, April 29, 2024, 06:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peakfan

I've never seen this in decent quality before, this is from a DVD transfer of a 1982 VHS tape, "Women of the Olympia", based on the 1981 contest, that seems to be something of a companion to the 1981 book of the same name.  George Snyder, the runner of the early Miss Olympia contests, was involved in both.

This was only the 2nd Ms Olympia, and the women are definitely smaller than they'd become later in the 80's, but it's kind of nice to see early versions of pioneers like Rachel McLish and Georgia Fudge.  There's also a moment where Laura Combes is nearly flexing out of her top that I'd like to know if there are any photos of...

Here's the results per wikipedia, the women with their solo routines shown are in bold italics (let me know if I missed any):


  • Kike Elomaa (Finland)
  • Rachel McLish (United States)
  • Lynn Conkwright (United States)
  • Laura Combes (United States)
  • Georgia Fudge (United States)
  • Candy Csencsits (United States)
  • Corinne Machado-Ching (United States)
  • Marie Frances Misat (Guadeloupe)
  • Anita Gandol (United States)
  • Melinda Perper (United States)
  • Kyle Newman (United States)
  • Karen Wainwright (United States)
  • Ellen Davis (United States)
  • April Nicotra (United States)
  • Astrid Aschwender (Switzerland)
  • Vera Bendel (West Germany)
  • Donna Frame (United States)
  • Carolyn Cheshire (United Kingdom)
  • Debbie Lemmel (United States)
  • Lorie Johnston (United States)


You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hidden content

[Hidden post: You need 10 karma and must reply in this topic to see it. Or become a VIP MEMBER to see it.]

_________________________

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 🔥

⚠️ Zero tolerance policy: Lurkers and leechers will be banned. No exceptions. If you’re here to take without giving — don’t bother. You’ll be banned.

  • You must reply in this topic to see the hidden content.



peakfan

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →

benson

Great find!  Now the only Ms. Olympia missing are 1980 and 1983!

peakfan

The 1983 Ms Olympia apparently didn't have video taken of it at all, which is why you'll only find photos of it.  Also maybe some of the couples posing.

For 1980 there's a half-hour documentary DVD, but no one seems to have it available for sale currently (there's a fairly poor-quality partial rip of it on a certain DC++ hub).

benson

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The 1983 Ms Olympia apparently didn't have video taken of it at all, which is why you'll only find photos of it.  Also maybe some of the couples posing.

For 1980 there's a half-hour documentary DVD, but no one seems to have it available for sale currently (there's a fairly poor-quality partial rip of it on a certain DC++ hub).

The Women of Iron documentary, which you can find on ytube, has some footage of 1983.

Paulina Solevic

Fantastic post... Anita Gandol and Laura Combes were best, from my opinion.
Ten years ago I looked myself in mirror and just wasnt satisfied. I felt and looked frumpy. I had an image in my mind of what I wanted to look. I want MUSCLES. I wanted six pack stomach. Today I enjoying getting up every morning and seeing results of my hard work. I know there is no better feeling to see muscular, strong, well-built woman full of self-confidence. Today I am  living for bodyb-. My life without BB and gym makes no sense. I want to be as big, strong and more muscular as possible