Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Mel's Making - A prequel Story

Started by Brfan, July 28, 2025, 10:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brfan

Chapter 1 - Rubber and Iron

I wasn't invisible, but I liked to think I was. Just a little. On that first day of high school, I moved through the halls with my hoodie sleeves pulled halfway over my hands and my head ducked, red hair spilling over my face. I was tall for my age — five-foot-six already — and wiry in a gymnast sort of way. Lean, springy muscle from years of handstands and beam work. Not curvy like some girls in my class. Just... compact.
At 125 pounds, I had narrow shoulders and long arms that still felt too thin when I folded them across my chest. My legs, though, had some meat — my quads had always been a little thicker than average from vaulting and jumping. Still, I didn't look strong. I didn't feel strong.
But something in me was starting to itch for it.
That morning, I saw Tom.
He was standing near the school's front stairs, laughing with some friends. Still tall, still kind of awkward, with those sleepy hazel eyes and that floppy hair that never stayed in place. I remembered playing together on each other's backyards as kids, watching him in eighth grade, the way he helped that freshman with her books, the way he didn't make fun of anyone like the other guys did. Back then, I had the hugest crush on him. I think I still did. Only now I was a freshman, and he was a senior. Whole different world.
I didn't say anything. I just walked past, but my cheeks were hot.
Cassie, my best friend since forever and who also had stuck with me in gymnastics since an early age, convinced me to try out for the cheerleading squad. Two weeks later, I made the cheer squad.
Cassie jumped up and down when they announced it. "Told you we'd both make it!" she squealed, looping her arm through mine. "And now we get gym access. The coach said we can start using the weight room before school or after practice."
Weight room.
I didn't even know what to expect when I walked in. I'm not sure I even knew what that was. There were racks and bars and dumbbells and these massive machines that looked like torture devices. It smelled of rubber and iron - a scent that I wasn't truly used to. A senior named Jess — she was a flyer and pretty ripped — helped show us some basics. How to set up for a bench press. How to keep your back safe on squats. I remember gripping the empty barbell and thinking: Why does this feel good?
It wasn't just about moving the weight. It was the way it lit up every part of me — my shoulders, my arms, even my back. It was the way the mirror caught the line of my neck and the faint ripple when I pressed the bar overhead. It was the fire in my legs after deadlifts, the shake in my arms when I racked the bar. I wasn't good yet, but I could feel it: my body was waking up.
And I wanted more.
I started going every other day. Before school, before practice, whenever I could. Cassie would sometimes join, but she thought I was a little crazy. "You're obsessed," she said one morning as I was logging my lifts into a notes app.
"Maybe," I laughed. "I like feeling sore."
By winter break, my sleeves weren't so loose anymore.
Cassie and I had a sleepover in January. We always tried on each other's clothes for fun. This time, her shirt pulled tight across my shoulders and wouldn't come down past my traps.
"Whoa," she said. "When did you get these?"
I turned toward the mirror. My arms — especially my delts — were definitely rounder. My triceps flared a bit when I straightened them. And my thighs... they looked big. Not thick in a soft way. Just... dense. Like they had something under them now.
"Guess the weight room's working," I said, half-smiling.
"You're starting to look like one of those CrossFit girls," she said, poking my bicep. "This is firm. Seriously. Feel that."
I flexed. It wasn't huge, but the bump was there. Clearer than it had ever been.
And it felt so, so good.
That night, lying in bed, I pulled up photos of women lifters on Insta****. Not just the bikini models, but the real ones — the powerlifters, the bodybuilders, the strong girls who looked like they could crush a watermelon. I imagined myself like that. Not now. But someday.
Spring came, and I was up to 132 pounds.
I didn't tell anyone. It felt private. But when I flexed in the mirror after workouts, I could see veins starting to show on my arms. My abs were faintly visible when I leaned just right. My thighs filled my leggings in a way that made me feel proud. Almost cocky.
I started doing sets of pushups with my feet elevated. Then dips. Pull-ups. Not just two or three — eight. Then ten. Then twelve.
I didn't cheer for the popularity. I stayed because I liked jumping, flipping, holding girls over my head. I liked the moment when everyone's eyes turned to me because I was the only one who could catch a flyer mid-twist without stumbling.
By the end of freshman year, I was 135 pounds.
I stood in front of the mirror the night before finals in a tank top and shorts. My shoulders were wide now, capped with muscle. My biceps popped even when I wasn't trying. My back had definition — real lines. My glutes filled out my shorts in a way they never had before. I had grown. Everywhere.
I didn't look like Cassie anymore. Or like the other cheerleaders.
I looked like me.
Like something new.
And the crazy part?
I was only getting started.

Brfan

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →

Brfan

Chapter 2 - The Pool

Summer had been good to me.
I stood in front of the mirror on the first day of sophomore year and took a moment to really look. My red hair was a little longer, my waist still trim, but everything else... thicker. Rounder. Harder.
I weighed myself that morning: 142 pounds. Seven solid pounds up since the end of freshman year. Not a crazy jump, but still noticeable. And almost all of it where I wanted: delts, lats, thighs. My cheer uniform still fit, barely — the sleeves clung to my arms, and the skirt rode higher over my thicker glutes and quads. Cassie had already commented, half-joking, that I looked like I'd been replaced by my own body double.
She wasn't wrong.
That summer, I hadn't just lifted. I had studied. I fell into YouTube rabbit holes on hypertrophy and programming, read articles about nutrition, and tracked my lifts religiously. What started as an after-school activity had become... this thing. A passion. A compulsion, maybe. I wanted to grow. I wanted to see what I could become.
And people were noticing.
Cassie was the first to say it, of course. She'd seen me change from the inside out — the way I walked, the way I carried my backpack like it weighed nothing, the new way clothes fit me. By October, I was curling 25s in each hand for reps, and my barbell squat was pushing 175. My back workouts became my favorite; nothing made me feel more unstoppable than finishing a set of heavy rows, traps tight, lats wide, the pump surging through me like fire.
I liked it. God, I loved it.
But there were moments — like in the cafeteria — when I saw the glances. Some of the girls had stopped talking when I walked by, and not always in a mean way. Just confused. Curious. A few boys, especially the smaller ones, looked at me the way I'd once looked at seniors — with a mix of intimidation and awe.
Still, I was careful. I kept the hoodies on during class. I didn't want attention — or at least that's what I told myself.
One Saturday in early November, Cassie and I went to the mall. She was hunting for jeans; I was just tagging along. We ended up in a boutique dressing room, like we always had since middle school, trying on outfits and laughing at what did or didn't fit. But this time, when I slipped on one of her cropped sweaters, it stretched tight across my shoulders and biceps. I pulled it down, self-conscious.
Cassie blinked.
"Mel, your arms. Holy crap."
I froze.
"What?" I said.
She got up and walked behind me. "Turn around."
I did. She tugged at the sweater a little, then ran her fingers along the curve of my deltoid. "This is insane. You're like... a tank now."
I looked at myself in the mirror. The sweater sleeves squeezed my arms like sausage casing, and my back flared wider than I remembered. My traps pushed against the collar. I flexed, gently, and the shape of my bicep bulged through the knit.
Cassie laughed. "Oh my God. Do that again."
I did. A real flex this time. Biceps curling tight under my skin.
She gasped. "You're jacked, Mel. Like, for real."
Something in me warmed at that. I didn't feel ashamed or weird. I felt seen.
After the mall, I had a long night of reflection. I snuck up to the gym before going home — and did a full upper-body workout, fueled by that moment. I finished the night shirtless, staring into the mirror with my hands on my hips, my body gleaming with sweat.
I was becoming someone.
By december I had reached almost 148 pounds. I could benchpress 105 for 4-5 reps, Was squating over 200, and in a good day my barbell curls could go for over 50 for a few reps. First time I've ever felt truly powerful. My biceps were stretching my hoodie sleeves. Cassie said they look like baseballs now. She might have been exaggerating, but I liked hearing it. I don't know if I'm stronger than the boys yet. But I might be. And that idea feels... thrilling. In that moment I made a decision - I'd quit the cheerleading squad. I wasn't truly fitting anymore, not in the uniform, not in the lifestyle. I had discovered something else that moved me, something I wanted to pursue with all my heart.
By spring, I knew I was stronger than most of them. Not just "might be." I benched more than half the boys on the JV football team. I could rep out pull-ups all day. I started choosing tank tops for workouts, and my lats flared out like wings.
And then came the pool party.
The sun was brutal that afternoon — the kind that makes the water sparkle like glitter and turns every sidewalk into an oven. I stepped out into the backyard in my black bikini, tugging lightly at the straps just to adjust them, even though I knew it was useless. Nothing ever really fit right anymore.
Cassie spotted me first. She waved from the edge of the pool, grinning like always. "Took you long enough, Hulk!"
I rolled my eyes, but I smiled. "That nickname is not catching on."
"It already did. You're just in denial."
There were maybe eight or nine girls there — classmates, friends-of-friends, mostly cheer squad and a couple from gym class. Most of them hadn't seen me in anything but oversized hoodies and gym shorts all year. I'd gotten used to hiding. This party didn't allow that.
I felt the first few glances before I even hit the water.
Eyes on my arms, on my back, on my thighs. One girl — Jenny, I think — leaned over and whispered something into another's ear. They giggled. Whatever.
Cassie wasn't like that. She swam up next to me and bumped me with her shoulder. "You have to show them."
I pretended not to hear.
She grinned, tilted her head. "Mel. They're gonna keep whispering either way. Might as well give them something to talk about."
I laughed, but my heart kicked up a little.
"Fine," I said. I turned slightly, raised one arm, and curled it slowly — not a full bicep flex yet, just a little tease. The peak swelled up clean, smooth, and big. Silence for a beat. Then:
"Holy crap."
"That's not normal."
"She could crush a watermelon with those."
I held the flex for a second longer — long enough for Jenny's friend to blurt out, "Do it again."
This time, I went full flex. Double biceps. The sun caught the definition. My veins weren't popping, but the split in the peak was sharp, and I could feel every inch of it contract like armor under my skin.
Someone actually clapped.
Cassie laughed like she'd just won a bet. "That's my girl."
We swam. We ate chips. We talked about college and senior year and whether Miss Tolliver's hair was real. But every so often, I caught someone sneaking a glance. One girl brushed past me to get a towel and flinched when her arm hit mine.
"Jesus, you're solid," she mumbled.
I didn't apologize.
Later that night I stood in front of the mirror in my room, still in my bikini bottoms, a hoodie tossed on the floor, wet hair dripping onto the mat. My arms were sore from the morning lift. A good sore. Like they were still growing, even now.
I turned to the side, raised my arm again.
Flexed.
And for a moment, I let myself just look.
Not just at the size — though the peak was real, and bigger than last month — but at the shape. The hardness. The control. It wasn't vanity. Not really. It was proof. Of what I'd built. Of who I was building.
People were noticing.
And... maybe I liked that.
Maybe I didn't have to hide anymore.
When sophomore year ended, I was over 154 pounds. All my lifts had gone up, but what made me believe even harder in what I had committed myself to were my biceps: they had surpassed 13.5 inches, and I knew for a fact that was impressive, especially for a high school girl. And I loved it. I was bigger than ever. Stronger than most guys in school. Cassie had told me I looked like a superhero at that pool party. I've stopped hiding. I was in love with this version of me, and I didn't care if some people stared. In fact, I kind of wanted them to.

Brfan

Chapter 3 - Still your little girl

Summer before junior year was different. I felt... settled. Not just stronger — although I was. It's not just that I had grown bigger - now at 160 pounds and biceps that were over 14 inches -  although I definitely was. It's more like I've come into my own. My lifts were up, my muscles were rounder, harder, and honestly? I thought I looked amazing. Cassie said I walked like I knew it too. Maybe I did. Maybe I should.

It happened on a Monday in October
We were doing group lifts for Phys Ed — boys and girls combined. The teacher had us partner up, and the only one left without someone was Jason — a football guy. Tall, a little cocky, always flexing in the mirror like he was God's gift to weights.
He smirked when he saw me approach. "Guess I'm spotting today," he said.
I smiled. "We'll see."
Bench press. His best set? 135 for five, struggling on the last two. I loaded 145 and did six clean reps — no spot needed. I swear I heard him swallow his pride on the second rep. When I reracked the bar, I saw a couple of his friends nudging each other.
Deadlift? Same story. His best pull was 245. I loaded 275 and lifted like it was nothing.
I didn't say anything. I didn't have to.
I walked home beaming, warm with pride, earbuds in, music blasting. I had just proved it — no more "maybe I'm stronger." I was. Objectively. Physically. Measurably.
And I wanted to share it. For some reason, that day, I thought... maybe Dad would be proud.
He was in the kitchen, reading the news on his tablet, coffee in hand.
"I crushed Jason in the weight room today," I said. "Benched more. Deadlifted more. Everything."
He didn't look up.
"You're still doing that stuff?"
My heart skipped. "Yeah, I—"
"Just don't overdo it. Nobody likes a girl with arms bigger than a guy's."
He said it offhand, sipping his coffee, eyes still on the screen.
I laughed. Nervously. "I don't think they mind."
He did look at me then. "Just don't get carried away, okay? Boys get intimidated. You don't want to look... you know. Masculine."
That word hit like a slap.
I didn't answer. I went upstairs, pulled off my hoodie, and stared at myself in the mirror. The lines of my shoulders. The curve of my triceps. The taper of my waist. My body looked nothing like it used to. And right now, I wasn't sure if that was a good thing.
I didn't stop training. Of course I didn't. But I stopped showing.
Hoodies every day. Even in the gym, I wore layers. No tight tank tops. No flexing. When Cassie commented that my legs looked insane in leggings, I just shook my head and changed the subject.
It was like... if I looked normal, maybe I could feel normal. Maybe Dad wouldn't make that face — the one like I'd done something wrong just by growing.
I never told him about all the PRs I was achieving. I never told anyone, really, except Cassie. She was the only one who didn't flinch when I flexed. She'd grin, tell me I looked like a Marvel character, and beg me to show off again. But even that started to feel... dangerous. Like I was exposing too much of what I really was.
I hated hiding. But more than that, I hated doubting myself.
Then came the teacher.
It was mid-March. A freak warm day had everyone in shorts and T-shirts, and I — feeling bold, or maybe reckless — wore a sleeveless shirt. Just a plain school shirt, but it clung a little tighter than usual. I'd grown, after all.
In third period, I was at the board solving a physics problem when Mr. Langston said, "Melanie, do you mind covering your arms? Some of the boys are distracted."
I blinked.
The class went silent. I heard one of the boys snort.
"I'm just wearing school uniform, sir."
He smiled like it was nothing. "Yes, but we don't want you showing off too much. You've clearly been training hard."
I turned back to the board and finished the problem. My hands were shaking.
I wanted to scream. I wanted to yell that I wasn't doing anything wrong — that my body wasn't wrong. That I built this. Every inch. Every pound. Every line of definition. And if that made someone uncomfortable, maybe that wasn't my problem.
But I didn't say anything. I couldn't.
Cassie helped me see it.
We were in my room later that week. I told her everything. She listened — really listened — and then said: "Mel, you can't keep shrinking for people who feel small next to you."
It wasn't just about Langston.
It was about Dad, too.
That night, I sat alone in the garage, where I still kept some free weights. I'd trained out here more and more lately — away from everyone, from stares, from the house. I was done hiding.
In early may I decided I'd regain control of my narrative. My story. And that began with dad. I waited until after dinner. He was watching a game. I sat next to him in silence until a commercial break. Gathering up all the guts I had, I dropped the bomb
"Wanna armwrestle me?"
He raised an eyebrow. "You serious?"
"I am."
He chuckled. "Alright, little girl. Let's see what all this protein's done for you."
We cleared the kitchen table. He rolled up his sleeves. I took off my hoodie.
He stared at my arm, surprised. I flexed. He blinked.
We locked hands.
I didn't rush it. I let him hold the center, then press down. He was obviously stronger than anyone I had ever tested myself against. He pressed.
Then I pressed back.
His arm trembled.
I could see it in his eyes — that moment of realization. That I was stronger. That this wasn't cute anymore. This was real.
I didn't slam him down. I earned every inch. When his hand finally touched the table, I let go.
We sat in silence.
Then he laughed. A real one. From the belly.
"You're stronger than me."
"Yeah," I whispered.
He looked at me differently. "But you're still my little girl."
I smiled. "Always."
The next morning, he woke me up and told me to get ready to go out with him. He took me to the hardware store. That weekend, we cleared out the garage. By the time summer started, it was a gym.
My gym.
When school term reached it's end, I was owning myself again. I had reached 170 pounds, my biceps had reached almost 15 inches. But my lifts were where I showed most improvement. I was benching 185 for 2 or 3 reps, I could squat almost 300 pounds, and deadlifted more than that. My curls were in the 90s mark, and my overhead presses had reached the hundred mark. I was a force to be reckoned.
And I liked that. I always did. Now, I was just comfortable admitting it.

Brfan

Chapter 4 - Her own dress

By the start of senior year, I had hit 174 pounds. That was a number that would've scared me a year ago. Now? It thrilled me. Every pound told a story. Every inch of bicep or line of quad was a chapter in the book I had written with my own hands, my own sweat.
I no longer walked the hallways of school like a ghost in oversized hoodies. I didn't flaunt, not quite, but I had grown comfortable — proud, even — of what I had become. And still, despite all the gains, despite the strength and the steel in my body, I hadn't let go of the softness inside.
Cassie was still by my side, just as she had always been. We talked about everything — college, goals, boys. Or in my case... Zack.
Well, Zack wasn't exactly a "boy." He was Cassie's older brother, two years into college, tall, broad, with an easygoing confidence that made people feel safe around him. He'd known me since I was a scrappy little cheerleader. Now? He called me "muscles," but always with a wink and a smile.
We made a pact: If I couldn't find a date, he'd be my prom date. Strictly platonic. I needed someone chill. Someone who wouldn't be threatened by me — and that was Zack.
Most of my training was still in the garage — the one my dad had set up after I beat him fair and square — but some nights, I needed something different. I needed to be seen.
That Friday night, I went to the local gym. Tight navy shorts, a cropped red tank that read "Iron Queen", and my favorite lifting belt. My hair was loose and slightly damp from warm-up cardio. My body? Thick. Defined. Rock solid. Even I was impressed with the size of my legs when I saw myself in the mirror.
A group of college guys were lifting near the dumbbells, all shirtless, all trying to one-up each other. I loaded 185 lbs on the bench and began a clean, controlled set of 6. One of them — probably pushing 155 on his own — paused, watching me. I didn't look at him. I didn't need to.
Then came squats: 225 lbs, full depth, 5 clean reps. The room had quieted. The guy closest to me, big arms but soft core, had just bailed on a 185 squat attempt. I locked eyes with him, smiled, and flexed my quads just for fun. He smiled back. Respectfully. Humbled.
I left feeling like a goddess. And not just because of the weight. Because I'd earned it. No shortcuts. No validation needed. Just iron and effort.

Cassie and I went dress shopping the next week.
At the first boutique, the attendant handed me a size 10. I smiled politely, then asked for a 14. She raised an eyebrow but fetched it anyway.
In the fitting room, the zipper fought me. My back and shoulders refused to be tamed by cheap fabric. Cassie giggled as I flexed in the mirror, watching the sleeves stretch.
"This is ridiculous," I laughed. "I need a tailor."
We found one — a wiry old man named Hugo. He took one look at me and blinked twice.
"You're not going to prom. You're going to war," he muttered, measuring around my upper arm. "Fifteen and a quarter. That's not a bicep, that's a bowling pin."
I flexed on cue. He almost dropped his tape. "I'll need to reinforce the seams," he said, mostly to himself.
He adjusted the dress, securing the sides with pins, feeling quite proud of his work. But that pride vanished when, almost unapologetically, I flared my lats. The pins popped out. He sighed and went back to work.
Two days later, I went in for the fitting. Emerald green. Strapless. Cinched at the waist. My arms looked carved from marble. Cassie gasped. I smiled. I had never felt more me.
Prom night. The living room was quiet, bathed in the warm orange light of the setting sun. I stepped out from my room, adjusting ther emerald green dress around my waist. My heels clicked softly against the wood floor, but it was the silhouette that turned dad's head — wide shoulders tapering to a tight waist, arms on display, back muscles subtly flexing with every step.
He stood from the couch, blinking like he'd seen a ghost.
"You... uh... You look beautiful, Mel."
"Thanks, Dad," I said, brushing a curl behind my ear, lips curling into a grin. "You okay?"
He chuckled awkwardly. "Just... wow. Hard to believe you're the same girl who used to sit on my shoulders at the fair."
She smirked. "I'm not sure your shoulders could handle that anymore."
"Ouch," he said, laughing. "Still cocky, huh?"
I  tilted my head. "Confident. There's a difference."
He looked at me for a long beat, then motioned to the kitchen table. "So... one last match? For old times' sake?"
I raised an eyebrow. "Seriously?"
"I know I can't win. Just wanna see how far you've come."
We sat. Elbows planted. Fingers locked. His hand was still bigger, but mine felt like iron.
"Don't go easy on me," he said.
"I won't," I whispered.
Three seconds.
That's how long it took for me to bring his arm down — slow, steady, no hesitation. I didn't gloat. I just looked at him with warmth in her eyes.
"You've gotten strong," he said, rubbing his forearm with a grin.
"I had a good start," I replied. "Strong genes. Stubborn attitude."
He nodded. "And a stronger heart."
I leaned over, kissed his cheek, and whispered:
"I'll always be your little girl. Just... with bigger arms now."
He laughed, blinking fast. "Go knock 'em dead, sweetheart."
And with a wink, I turned and walked to the door — radiant, powerful, unstoppable.
Prom was glorious.
Zack showed up in a fitted black suit, his arm out like I was royalty. Cassie looked like a vision, and I towered beside her, taller now, broader, but glowing with pride.
There were stares. There were whispers. There were double takes. But there were also compliments. From boys. From girls. From teachers.
At one point, I found myself in the middle of a small circle by the punch bowl. Someone asked, "Mel, are your arms actually... flexed right now?"
I smiled. "Not even close."
"Show us!" someone said.
So I did.
A slow, deliberate double biceps pose. Sleeveless gown hugging my torso. Shoulders rising like armor. My arms exploded with definition. Fifteen and a half inches of living power.
People cheered.
One girl gasped and touched my forearm. "It's like granite."
I winked. "Takes work."

Summer was upon us, as I still waited for the answer of one particular school... Still, my mind was drifting only for the next day. I had developed that capacity. To think one day at a time. And still keep my ability to dream.

"Tomorrow morning, early gym. Might do an extra chest session just to shake off the nerves.
There's a strange peace in my body lately. Like it knows something big is coming. I've grown, not just in size, but in truth.
I've made peace with my father. I've earned my place among my peers. And tomorrow...
I think I might fall in love."

srielley

Excellent back story. It was nice to read how Mel got to where she was in the other story and all the mixed emotions she had during her training and growth. Bravo!

fitgirlfanguy

Heck, even the prequel is a great read!  Now onto the main story!