Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Bryony Shaw - Sailing

Started by J Smithy, August 09, 2016, 07:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Smithy

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login


Interview



Excerpt...

"Name Bryony Shaw
Sport Windsurfing
Age 26
Height 5ft 4in
Weight 57kg

Windsurfers are fitter than sailors. We're so much more kinetic. In some boats you can literally sit there and smoke your pipe - it's much more civilised!

I'm short, but that's normal for a windsurfer. The Chinese girls are a bit taller and leaner. I'm more stocky, and that means I'm a bit more powerful when I have to work the equipment and pump the sail.

Bigger girls go faster in the wind, lighter girls go better in the calm. Around 57kg is the ideal weight for women in my windsurfing class. But for Beijing the winds were very light so I had to diet hard and get leaner: it was mad how I could sustain all the exercise I did on porridge, fruit salad and chicken.

One of my strengths is my explosive power. Especially at the start line, where you have to accelerate faster than your competitor. I train for that by lifting barbells. It helps your hips thrust and your muscles twitch faster, and it builds strength. But I don't do too much gym work because I don't want to bulk up.

The sprint stuff comes naturally, but I have to do a lot of endurance training. I have relatively strong legs so I go for long bike rides - two or three hours at a low intensity helps burn fat and often I'll do it first thing in the morning before eating so that I know I'm burning off calories from my stores.

The most painful thing I have to put up with is cramp in my forearms. Your legs are bent on your tiptoes on the board, so your calves can take a beating too. I got cramp in the last race in the Olympics - the Chinese girl was catching me up but I managed to stay in front of her through sheer determination.

I hate my arms. If I wear a nice dress I can't go strapless or sleeveless because my arms just aren't feminine."


You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Karma is always appreciated

J Smithy

⚡ Support Saradas
Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK
Donate →
Karma is always appreciated

moleman2005

Full Picture Set of Bluebella lingerie's 2016 'Be strong, be beautiful' ad campaign featuring Bryony Shaw

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login




+ Shooter Amber Shaw

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

+ Paralympic long-jumper and sprinter Stefanie Reid

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

+K, if you like

More soon
User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login