Advertise with us
Reach Your Target Audience
Advertising is hard. We make it simple and effective.
Advertise With Us →
NEWS
Welcome to Saradas – The premier female bodybuilding archive.
Support Saradas Keep the archive alive with Bitcoin
BTC QR
1QDxcxUx8pnsZvauyVxTqaJrWkeNhQrPdK Donate →
Main Menu

Sarah Dunlap?

Started by robin, May 31, 2012, 03:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robin

article by:Ruth Silverman

Sarah Dunlap I'd met before, standing in almost the same spot in the Soldiers and Sailors lobby in 2003, not long after she won the '02 National Heavyweight and Overall Championships. Graduating from the University of Pittsburgh also in 2002, she made a few appearances in the pros and then came back with a streamlined look to take the lightweight class and overall at the Jan Tana Pro Classic in 2007. A ninth-place finish at the '07 Ms. Olympia followed. She hadn't competed for five years, but there she was back in the Soldiers and Sailors lobby, talking with Ohio promoter Dave Liberman, who motioned for me to come over.

How was she doing? The obvious question. "I'll be 32 in June, and I'm happy," declared Dunlap, who was one of the youngest NPC National champs ever at 21 and has admitted that she'd had some growing up to do. She was back in the Pittsburgh area after a few years in Chicago, she said, working in medical records by day as well as doing landscape design, a field I remember her talking about way back when.

Bodybuilding had consumed her, to the exclusion of all the other activities she loved, she said, like ice skating and rolller-blading. Now there was more balance, but, unfortunately, athletics of any kind had come to an end last fall, when she underwent a femoral osteotomy, a realignment of the right leg. Fortunately, she did not take it lying down. As the accompanying photo shows, Dunlap was out of her wheelchair and on the mend—and still able to hit a credible biceps shot.


fredzeppelin

She's awesome and her return to the bodybuilding scene is welcomed!

Cas

Sounds like if she resurfaces onto the bodybuilding scene it'll be as a judge, by that interview it appears her competitive days are finished thanks to that realignment of her right leg. Looks like the juicing caught up with her, now she's paying for it. :'(

AdmiralValdore9

Any of you all remember this fbb? I was very interested in her but out of the blue one day she just completely disappeared off the map. Did she officially retire or do you guys know something I don't? I'm just looking to put closure on this question.

Warhawk Overdrive

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Klingons appreciate strong women" -Lt. Worf

Dunerider304

She had some health issues a year or two back that resulted in her having multiple, major surgeries on one or both legs. Her doctors told her she couldn't compete any longer without risking far worse consequences.

Duke69

She had wrist probblems and couldn't really lift.  She was living in Chicago and developed a bad drug habbit.  She then either moved to Fla or a Scandavian country, I believe Denmark.  She has a fan page on FB and a clips 4 sale store linked on her FB page

Cas

I recall reading somewhere that she was going to move to Fla. (South Beach/Miami)  Where did the Scandanavia thing come from? I don't think she wants to be a hermit now does she?

Warhawk Overdrive

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I recall reading somewhere that she was going to move to Fla. (South Beach/Miami)  Where did the Scandanavia thing come from? I don't think she wants to be a hermit now does she?

I remember seeing a picture of her that was taken in Sweden. Maybe a airport or a mall. It looks like she is moving around a lot. She was in AZ a few months ago and she mentioned California sometime in the future.
"Klingons appreciate strong women" -Lt. Worf

Duke69

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I recall reading somewhere that she was going to move to Fla. (South Beach/Miami)  Where did the Scandanavia thing come from? I don't think she wants to be a hermit now does she?


I saw her a number of times over several years for intimate sessions when I had business in Chicago.  I was FB friends with her on several different pages that she opened and then closed.  It was sad to see her  life slowly unravel as her destructive  behavior took over her life.  From chicago I believe she moved to Fla sith a very shady looking guy and then I believe to Denmark.     According to her new FB page she is now in Pennsylvania where she grew up

borntobemild

The recent pictures i've seen show her looking quite gaunt.
It's a shame. Hope she sorts herself out.  I've seen clips of her doing gymnastics and in-line skating and she's undoubtedly a talented athlete as well as having a great face and figure. She always looked so happy as well.

User is currently banned You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Cas

Yeah,

She does look borderline anorexic now (let's hope she isn't), I guess the years of being on the juice finally caught up with her. It's quite sad seeing bb'ers both guys and gals bodies fall apart after they've stopped cycling, sure she looked awesome back in the day but now she's paying the price.

samos

Hi, i've seen her on HBC couple month ago... here is herprofil ; You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Warhawk Overdrive

It has been a few weeks but the last time I saw her on cam, she looked better (to me). She looked like she was not as cut, but had put on weight/muscle. She may have even mentioned putting on some weight I think. But it may have been someone asking if she wanted to get bigger again.


Picture of her in Sweden
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"Klingons appreciate strong women" -Lt. Worf