Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by pico on 28 Nov 2012
    • pico
  • #32 by shelops on 29 Nov 2012
  • I would love to see her stage a comeback. I think even at her age she'd wipe the floor with some of today's competitors.
  • #33 by lovefbbs on 29 Nov 2012
  • Bev's physique is gorgeous. Beautiful flowing lines and big round muscle bellies. She was one of the best female bodybuilders in the sport. For me the pioneer of female bodybuilding.
    • lovefbbs
  • #34 by heebejeebe on 29 Nov 2012
  • In her peak physical condition she would blow away todays bodybuilders. She almost doesn't look real its more comic like
    • heebejeebe
  • #35 by OdoHerr on 03 Dec 2012
  • Winner at the 1987 IFBB World Pro

OdoHerr

• #36 by lyle918 on 28 Jan 2013
  • Bev was ahead of her time...women weren't supposed to be that muscular and so she shocked the judges and was down graded her for it!  I wonder how she would do today as more and more women 'bulk up' and look sexier than ever... 
  • #37 by alison brundage on 29 Jan 2013
  • Thanks for all these great pictures!   
    I remember my first National competition having hooked up with Bill Jentz and Steve Wennerstrom. for my first photo shoot.    What an adventure !   They were soooo enthusiastic.   I remember Bill saying..." Geez, if a woman can look like this today...what will the sport be like in 10 years?"   ( today I'd not eeven place in a figure contest...ha!)  There was Kay Baxter, Pillow, Laura Combes.  Corrie had yet to put on some size but won the doubles with Jeff.   Anyway getting back to Bill Jentz's comment I remember saying..."You just wait, mark my words, you'll see Bev Frances in a posing suit"  They doubled over laughing. 

Everytime I see the transformaiton of Bev Frances when she left power lifting and assumed center stage in bodybuilding, I just smile to remember Bill Jentz's reaction to my comment.

She sure did make a statement back then didn't she?
  • #38 by alison brundage on 14 Feb 2013
  • No I never met her.  She was that shining star we all viewed in a distant galaxy from where we all were at the time.  She was way ahead of her time.   No holds barred...full most muscular pose.  Me? I was wearing posies in my hair to feminize...LOL  She had moxie ( as my grandma would say)...guts.   This is a bodybuilding contest?...Ok I'll show you some muscle...and boy did she. There was as well this beautiful transformation of a female powerlifter to a most attractive gal...I thought.  Bev Frances ...a name that won't be forgotten in female bb history although her time was short and she never stayed in the glory zone long..
  • #39 by alison brundage on 17 Feb 2013
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-axJwW5TYg&NR=1&feature=endscreen

This is my first attempt at a YouTube copy...hope it goes.  Posing at the 86 Olympia: Bev Frances, Carla Dunlop and Cory Everson.
  • #40 by jdm022 on 19 Feb 2013
  • mmmmmmmmmmmmm BeV.

• #41 by alison brundage on 20 Feb 2013
  • Transformation....
    I had said earlier that I am so pleased to see such a transformation from her appearance as a powerlifter to that  of this beautiful female bodybuilder.  I failed to mention her as a track and field champion, as well as a power lifter champ so I edited my post here.   Bev was a mega athlete ...she mastered it all.   I am so pleased that she made it into popular magazines  and did make a mark in BB when profound muscularity in women was not embraced 100% as a marketable product.  She is my hero, no question about it.   Thanks for keeping her alive here on Saradas.
    Alison
  • #42 by OdoHerr on 21 Feb 2013
  •          

OdoHerr

• #43 by jdm022 on 26 Feb 2013
  • More of big Bev!!!  Workin' the back...ENJOY!!!!  :)

:wow:
  • #44 by jdm022 on 02 Mar 2013

• One Bad ASS Woman!!!  ENJOY :)

:)
  • #45 by jdm022 on 17 Mar 2013

• more Bev...ENJOY!!!  :)

:)
Pages:
Actions