Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
parapharma Advertising
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
578015 Posts in 73581 Topics by 28963 Members - Latest Member: Otata96 May 03, 2024, 04:44:36 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding and Physique Athletes - Gossip & News and Events & Pictures  |  Ms. Olympia replacement contest (FACEBOOK RUMOR) updated 3rd of March 2015
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ms. Olympia replacement contest (FACEBOOK RUMOR) updated 3rd of March 2015  (Read 27610 times)

Offline the_arbitrage

• Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Re: Ms. Olympia replacement contest (FACEBOOK RUMOR)
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2015, 07:58:35 am »
I'm not sure it's a step down if the competitors get paid more money.

In reality they aren't even getting that either. Again when looking at the overall bigger picture we also have to consider that WBB has already lost multiple other events which account for additional annual income opportunities, including the 2 premier pro bodybuilding shows/expos...first the Ms. International, and now the Ms. Olympia which has the hallmark for women's bodybuilding for over 3 decades. Boosting 1 show up by adding a bit more prize $ won't compensate for all the multiple other losses. It's just a smokescreen for what's actually happening and WBB deserves more respect and growth opportunities IMO...however, if some are still happy and satisfied with this movement/status, fair enough.

If I'm reading your sentiment correctly, I don't think I can fully agree with what you're saying.  While it's a "shame" (on the organization/sport) that the Ms. Olympia might not be contested on the main stage with all the other Olympia events this year, I think you're not giving enough credence to the fact that a private company is almost single-handedly providing a complete circuit of events for women bodybuilders who wish to continue competing alongside their peers in the IFBB (that label means a lot to them).  As has been noted, these aren't some second-rate sideshows that we're talking about.  These are pro level events on pro-quality stages, not some high school gym in rural Virginia (no disrespect to past events intended). 

If female competitors choose to drop down from bodybuilding to other divisions for personal reasons (health, time, etc), that's fine. But if they're dropping down because of "rumors of FBBs not being wanted in the IFBB", "the writing is on the wall", "I need to become what THEY want", etc., well, that's pretty much a chickenshit response, especially considering how much MONEY and TIME the Wings of Strength organization has given in order to make sure that the pro women would continue to have a home within the IFBB. People are adults and can do whatever the fuck they want to do, and that includes my right not to co-sign on in support of those dropping out of bodybuilding just because physique has an Olympia competition this year and women's bodybuilding doesn't. 

In closing, this is a very big deal.  Thank you, Wings of Strength, for making it happen.

Righton, but just to clarify...I was in no way knocking WoF who absolutely does deserve full kudos for all their efforts, but they are still limited in terms of what can be done under the current structure. My focus was more of an aside looking at the overall bigger picture and from the perspective 'outside' the extreme niche. Although WoS may be a professional run IFBB sanctioned show it's still considered (by the rest of the world outside of the niche) to be a qualifier for the big show (Olympia)...where the Mr. Olympia(s) and Ms. Olympia(s) all come together to see who the current greatest bodybuilders in every divisions truly are. That's just the way the world outside the niche considers it...same as a regular season NFL game may also be professional level but that still doesn't make it the Superbowl.

My point is that the overall respect level and growth potential continue to decline with regard to the extreme fbb standard and its admirers (again from the world outside perspective). Isn't the primary objective to propagate the extreme standard and build interest and respect for Xfbb's and their fans? IMO it's way overdue and as mentioned all along quite easy to accomplish with the right structuring and (complete) formula.

Offline showmesara

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Ms. Olympia replacement contest (FACEBOOK RUMOR) updated 6th February 2015
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2015, 06:58:18 pm »
IMO competitive FBB has nothing to lose and much to gain from being sponsored by true supporters. IFBB vis a vis FBB has freely given up the so called seal of approval, which is good thing.  Did'nt the bond rating agencies turn out to be highly incompetent in the financial crisis. unfortunately they had the seal of approval that went on for too long. If FBB embrace a new organization with the right people they will liberate themselves. The women don't need old IFBB men deciding how much is too much muscle or managing how it might reflect on male BB to determine the value of their passion, or ours as men who admire them.

Some people think FBB is on the decline because IFBB is turning away. In the big picture it's just 4 letters IMO. The most important indicator is how many women are accepting and embracing a muscular physique. Those numbers are growing fast. Yes many are X Fit types but none the less society is seeing women embrace muscle. There are thousands of women  you see on  © Saradas  who are amateur muscle girls and there are several times that many we don't know about.

As for Melody Spetko. Time will vindicate her, she stepped up in hard times with all she had. No criticism here.

Offline the_arbitrage

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2015, 12:40:25 am »
IMO competitive FBB has nothing to lose and much to gain from being sponsored by true supporters. IFBB vis a vis FBB has freely given up the so called seal of approval, which is good thing.  Did'nt the bond rating agencies turn out to be highly incompetent in the financial crisis. unfortunately they had the seal of approval that went on for too long. If FBB embrace a new organization with the right people they will liberate themselves. The women don't need old IFBB men deciding how much is too much muscle or managing how it might reflect on male BB to determine the value of their passion, or ours as men who admire them.

Some people think FBB is on the decline because IFBB is turning away. In the big picture it's just 4 letters IMO. The most important indicator is how many women are accepting and embracing a muscular physique. Those numbers are growing fast. Yes many are X Fit types but none the less society is seeing women embrace muscle. There are thousands of women  you see on  © Saradas  who are amateur muscle girls and there are several times that many we don't know about.

As for Melody Spetko. Time will vindicate her, she stepped up in hard times with all she had. No criticism here.

Absolutely many more women are embracing a muscular physique...in fact, literally thousands are being recruited on a daily basis...except for  the extreme enhanced level where it's the exact polar opposite. That's why it's the only division being excluded form the Olympia. And unfortunately it goes way beyond the 4 letters IFBB there are 5 letters in WORLD as in virtually everywhere else outside of the extreme niche (i.e. "too big for the world) which at this point is the only place the extreme fbb standard is being supported or respected.

As it stands there's only a handful of women left at the extreme level with the majority at or near retirement age. Once upon a time there where incentives that are also now all gone. Very few will opt to make those extreme sacrifices esp when they can get many more benefits without the added health risks etc. At this point In order for the extreme standard to thrive and grow it needs some significant positive representation outside of just the extreme niche..and if not it, then will just continue down the same path.

Again with the right structure/formula this could all be easily avoided...however, maybe everything will have to run its course for folks to understand how serious and sincere this really is.           

phy911

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2015, 05:24:07 am »

Offline the_arbitrage

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2015, 12:48:26 pm »

Offline the_arbitrage

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2015, 08:58:46 pm »
..and not sure how you construed..."Xfbb's deserving more respect, to propagate and thrive... and, that there's a structure/formula that can easily accomplish all that" as anything but a positive...

Offline nickolai

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    60%
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2015, 04:23:50 am »
In reading a few posts on this thread, there were a few "may not be held this year" in reference to the Ms. Olympia this year.  I think it's official now that there will not be a Ms Olympia bodybuilding contest.  Yaxeni's insta**** page ...

http://insta****.com/p/zNI6gJHkKZ/?modal=true

Offline MuscleFreek80

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2015, 06:17:02 pm »
^ Well, when one door closes, another one opens. I'm glad that WoS is willing to keep this alive now that Olympia doesn't want anything to do with it.

I tip my hat to Wings Of Strength.

Offline dameng

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2015, 07:16:48 pm »
Awesooome!!! It's about time these beautiful, hard working ladies got some (monetary) recognition for all their sacrifice and hard work! Hope this is a bigger incentive to keep them competing and reaching new levels of greatness!  :clap:
User is currently banned [View]

Offline crimson_E_86

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2015, 07:21:05 pm »
If WoS can keep FBBs on stage, that's great. If not, the search for a solution will continue.
User is currently banned [View]

Offline the_arbitrage

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2015, 07:35:58 pm »

phy911

NEW UPDATE! Qualifications to compete in the Rising Phoenix show

Offline RKLuffy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Fan of Runonpu, RENtb, ikura-maru, SKY, and e19700
That is awesome! With WOS in charge of the ultimate FBB show this year, I am glad that FBB's future will be in good hands.

87fg

That is awesome! With WOS in charge of the ultimate FBB show this year, I am glad that FBB's future will be in good hands.

This is a mixed result. I will miss the Ms. Olympia contest, because it is an important part of women's sport history. Although WOS could do a better job than the former sponsors of the MS.Olympia. I hope it comes back one day. However, with every decline at some point there will be a renaissance. This may be the harbinger to that resurrection.

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%

This is a mixed result. I will miss the Ms. Olympia contest, because it is an important part of women's sport history. Although WOS could do a better job than the former sponsors of the MS.Olympia. I hope it comes back one day. However, with every decline at some point there will be a renaissance. This may be the harbinger to that resurrection.
Agreed. The Ms O's demise is sad. It played a major part in the rise of FBB in the early years, and it is sad to see it go.
Maybe unintentionally, it also bacame rather tired and lack lustre, same old, same old. It had spluttered to an end, just waiting for Iris to retire.

Great that WOS has taken over for now, and there is a clear sheet of paper for them now to rejuvinate the division. I guess they have to follow the IFBB qualification process as WOS on it's own is unlikely to be able to run it's own selection process, but I do hope we don't end up stuck in the rut of few opportunities for new comers to have a go. Not sure what the answer is, but FBB needs to freshen up a bit, and the amateur athletes  can help here. If they can get past the IFBB qualification process, or WOS fast track them through it.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding and Physique Athletes - Gossip & News and Events & Pictures  |  Ms. Olympia replacement contest (FACEBOOK RUMOR) updated 3rd of March 2015

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View