Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
Advertising parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
575601 Posts in 73201 Topics by 28880 Members - Latest Member: Survivor2022 April 26, 2024, 04:07:20 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  What's happened to...?  |  Georgina McConnell
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Georgina McConnell  (Read 17684 times)

Offline SnakeMcSnake

• Activity:
    0%
Georgina McConnell
« on: October 11, 2015, 03:25:25 pm »
Does anyone know what caused her sudden, abrupt and full departure from the world of female muscle? Just a few short months ago, she was 21 years old and on her way to awesome muscularity. He Insta**** feed was focused on intense workouts and muscle "gainz". Flash forward to October 2015, and she has shed most of the muscle in just a few short months. On her Insta comments, she mentions there is no chance she's going to go back to bodybuilding and doesn't even want abs in the future...just a toned bod.

Was it bullying, side effects, growing tired of working out, creep factor, a combo of all of the above, or something totally different?

Anyone have any insight? It's a pity she gave up...

Offline kevin1

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Georgina McConnell
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 03:05:45 am »

I'm pretty sure Joe Weider forced her to quit.
User is currently banned [View]

UK_Fan

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 11:07:51 am »
Does anyone know what caused her sudden, abrupt and full departure from the world of female muscle? Just a few short months ago, she was 21 years old and on her way to awesome muscularity. He © Saradas feed was focused on intense workouts and muscle "gainz". Flash forward to October 2015, and she has shed most of the muscle in just a few short months. On her Insta comments, she mentions there is no chance she's going to go back to bodybuilding and doesn't even want abs in the future...just a toned bod.

Was it bullying, side effects, growing tired of working out, creep factor, a combo of all of the above, or something totally different?

Anyone have any insight? It's a pity she gave up...

See comments in 'why r=female bodybuilding is dying', but essentially she sees no future in the sport - NO top/national level FBB contests in the UK now, no chance in turning Pro, far less (and rapidly reducing) money available in the UK than elsewhere, plus she's barely in her 20s, likely without a well-paid job (and apparently no boyfriend) to go some way to financially supporting her training/competing, so what's the point?

fredzeppelin

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 01:40:48 pm »

I think you mean Jim Manion  ;D

UK_Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 04:26:37 pm »

I think you mean Jim Manion  ;D

Maybe Joe appeared to her as the 'Ghost of Muscle Past'...    :)

Offline FemFlexUSA

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
    • FemFlex
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 01:48:23 pm »
There's nothing that unusual about a person changing her mind about something. 

I am surprised it happened so publicly, so quickly, but good luck to her.
herbicepscam.com - world's best muscle webcam site
herbiceps.com - stronger every day
femflex.com - where beauty meets muscle

Offline pumpfiction

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 03:36:22 pm »

See comments in 'why r=female bodybuilding is dying', but essentially she sees no future in the sport - NO top/national level FBB contests in the UK now, no chance in turning Pro, far less (and rapidly reducing) money available in the UK than elsewhere, plus she's barely in her 20s, likely without a well-paid job (and apparently no boyfriend) to go some way to financially supporting her training/competing, so what's the point?

This is somewhat an unfortunate trend with UK athletes, isn't it ? Would it be a structural problem within the UKBFF ? A shame, because the British fed appears more liberal in its approach towards rewarding "big" FBBs (See the link to the 1988 EFBB champs YT videos for example).

See also Michelle Jones, another great potential in the early noughties who called it quits at only 21.

UK_Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 08:03:02 am »

This is somewhat an unfortunate trend with UK athletes, isn't it ? Would it be a structural problem within the UKBFF ? A shame, because the British fed appears more liberal in its approach towards rewarding "big" FBBs (See the link to the 1988 EFBB champs YT videos for example).

See also Michelle Jones, another great potential in the early noughties who called it quits at only 21.

Not exactly sure myself, though negative publicity in the UK media/general public generally (much more so than elsewhere in Europe and beyond) towards FBBs and fans doesn't help.  The "you're gay (or worse) if you like women with big muscles" attitude is quite prevalent here and has been for a long time. Fit - fine, a bit of muscle (relatively speaking) - acceptable (just).  Olympic heptathlete Jess Ennis-Hill is about the most muscular the average Brit will accept for a woman, and that's partly because she is an exceptionally beautiful woman as well.  As such, FBBing contests (fitness/figure get more, a bit for WPD) get practically no sponsorship to fund them and the high cost of training/competing deters many given the lack of rewards (going pro [when it was possible] was expensive given 90% of the pro contests are in the US) and public profile.  I also believe that the Police take more of an interest in those dealing in PEDs than in some other countries.

Offline pumpfiction

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 09:45:00 am »
Yes, that is a satisfying explanation for this phenomenon. Speaking of Athletics, you may remind late Olympian champion-turned bodybuilding champion Donna Hartley-Wass who suprised many when she decided to have her sights towards competitive BBing in NABBA, and rather successfully. I remember a old British running thread on her (This was before her tragic death) where some - not all - were taking the vitriolic road to express their disgust at her muscular physique. Definitively left a bad taste.

Offline marvin

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 05:55:55 pm »
Guess the price to be paid to develop and maintain a body like her's was to much for her.

Offline elma

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 10:59:31 pm »
She's gone for Brazilian wellness look. She still wants huge legs just wants to lose arm size. I'm suspecting she had ambitions for huge arms, but
had hard time getting it.

Offline kevin1

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 11:26:51 pm »
She's gone for Brazilian wellness look. She still wants huge legs just wants to lose arm size. I'm suspecting she had ambitions for huge arms, but

I'm sure you're right because you've never met her and know nothing about her.
 ???

Offline elma

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 06:46:52 pm »

I'm sure you're right because you've never met her and know nothing about her.
 ???

I'm suspecting. Thanks for the sarcasm,BTW.

Offline SnakeMcSnake

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 04:11:09 pm »
Still missing her and wishing she'll wake up and realize she misses her attitude and wanting to just.get.big. She could've gone down as one of the best: looks, attitude and crazy muscle.

Offline elma

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 06:50:46 pm »
Still missing her and wishing she'll wake up and realize she misses her attitude and wanting to just.get.big. She could've gone down as one of the best: looks, attitude and crazy muscle.

She downsized a lot. If she's happy the way she is now, I don't think she'll ever get back.

Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  What's happened to...?  |  Georgina McConnell

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View