Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advertising

gfx gfx
steroidify parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
573683 Posts in 72740 Topics by 28710 Members - Latest Member: Trev0rs April 16, 2024, 07:34:18 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Private Sessions  |  Warnings for Private Sessions & Scammers and Complaints  |  My sponsorship experience - a cautionary tale - Misfit Layla Mikayla [Tess Stump
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My sponsorship experience - a cautionary tale - Misfit Layla Mikayla [Tess Stump  (Read 10718 times)

Offline Tmark

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Re: My sponsorship experience - a cautionary tale
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 09:09:17 pm »
Fair enough.  It’s something that makes absolutely no sense to me.  So I can appreciate that it will sound as it does to outside observers.  Really I just wanted to share my experience so others could make an informed choice before entering into such a venture, especially if they are thinking it can’t happen to them. 
“Work with integrity, with good intentions, be honest when you are wrong or when you’ve made mistakes because failure is part of the process of success.”

Forum Saradas

Offline Tmark

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 05:31:45 am »
Ok, I think I get it.  And from your earlier responses I can tell that you see things a bit black and white (which is ok too, as it’s incredibly difficult to truly explain :)).

So here’s the thing: to begin with, it was a straightforward sponsorship.  So yes, you expect to get some credit, but in that case simply an acknowledgment of the small part you are playing.  But later on, when she opened up and shared some personal (and quite disturbing) things with me to secure additional funds, it was much more about taking on a greater sense of responsibility.   About truly helping someone with a much greater need.  To have realized that I had chosen to make this deep emotional and financial commitment, only to realize too late that it was all based on a complete lie, was disastrous.  And of course it destroyed the original purpose of the sponsorship and turned into a dangerous threat against me.

There is also, obviously, the wounded pride associated with having made such an error of judgment of committing to such a person in this way.
“Work with integrity, with good intentions, be honest when you are wrong or when you’ve made mistakes because failure is part of the process of success.”

Offline streetcleanr

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 09:35:59 pm »
I have never sponsored anything, but I played for sponsored baseball team (shoulda been a pro!) the sponsors did it so the business was out there...advertising...bucks....that is why they did it.

Would someone tell me the end result of sponsoring anyone in a sport not known for it being lucrative in any way?  I am truly curious...no one these days gives their hard earned money....for nothing.

the majority of people here are here to satisfy the urge to view muscular women I assume.  But isn't sponsoring just another way to be close in some way to these women? 

So what is in it for the sponsor?  Enlighten me.

If you give money...give it as a gift so you don't worry what became of it.  just me

Offline Tmark

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
My sponsorship experience - Misfit Layla Mikayla [Tess Stumpf]
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2019, 05:18:15 am »
***This is somewhat of a repost. The last version was a garbled mess and went further than intended. But it’s selfish of me to not allow others to benefit from my experience. Please be careful and make sure your sponsee is worthy of your support***

I once gave light to an athlete’s vision through a generous, no-strings sponsorship. Unfortunately, she took advantage of my generosity to commit fraud. ($65,000)

After securing her contract, she asked me for extra funds so she could stop doing sessions, sharing deeply disturbing personal info to do so. But then, while I was coming to terms with what she shared, she “suddenly” had a problem with my emotional support and cut me off, defaulting on our contract.

Then she returned to sessions, including from hotel rooms I paid for in support of her contest needs, and threatened my livelihood when I tried to appeal to her integrity and bring her to account. To this day I have no idea what the rest of the funds were spent on.

Hard to believe I once thought she was special or deserving of my support. Her actions diminished her achievement and painted her in an ugly light. Fraud is common, but integrity is rare - I did not find it here. Fortunately, I have since found someone far more deserving, honest and humble.

Offline dc3rd

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: My sponsorship experience - a cautionary tale - Misfit Layla Mikayla
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2021, 02:55:10 am »
The culmination of the tale....... :clap:

Offline squatty2

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2021, 02:35:22 am »
No I don’t accept that.  I genuinely sought to help someone that I thought had a true artistry and the potential to change the face of bodybuilding, but no means to get there.  As I said to her at the start, it would have been a crime to see her potential go unrealized but for the “mere” lack of money.

Certainly I expected better than getting treated like shit or for my sponsorship to be treated as a joke.  But at the end of the day, all I really expected was to be acknowledged for my support and allowed to enjoy the end result - her performances and seeing her succeed.  I don’t see that as buying respect, but as a perfectly reasonable expectation given the huge financial layout I made for her.

It's not clear how you weren't allowed to enjoy the end result.  She got her pro card, and you saw her compete.  You weren't prohibited from that.

I can understand the level of disappointment, but I don't know that I'd call it fraud.  Sessions and camming provide the money some of these women NEED.  How much was the sponsorship?  Unless your sponsorship provided not just the money that she NEEDED, but also the money she "wanted"...when opportunities came up to supplement your stipend, she took it. In spite of the damage to her psyche.

It sounds like she SHOULD have had a conversation with you...but...your attempts to force a conversation that she wasn't willing to have is what led to the intervention by her coach.

Offline Dynamo

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
Isn't Misfit Layla Mikayla [Tess Stumpf] a stripper?

I don't know nothing about her, but nothing surprises me.

Forum Saradas  |  Private Sessions  |  Warnings for Private Sessions & Scammers and Complaints  |  My sponsorship experience - a cautionary tale - Misfit Layla Mikayla [Tess Stump

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View