Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
parapharma

gfx gfx
Advertising steroidify
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572797 Posts in 72118 Topics by 28628 Members - Latest Member: LividPancake March 29, 2024, 11:48:34 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Muscle & Fitness Videos - Auctions & Gossip  |  Female Bodybuilding Contest Videos  |  1989 Jr Nationals
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1989 Jr Nationals  (Read 11984 times)

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
1989 Jr Nationals
« on: January 15, 2017, 11:32:00 pm »
Another recovered video which has suffered severe deterioration. For historic content, not quality viewing. Tape will be in bin tonight!

https://mega.nz/#!UIIXwZrD!zqVmd9Jm33wj6k3Pfrx1GXLrcnC5l5fyYU-y8AO1ceA

Forum Saradas

phy911

Re: 1989 Jr Nationals
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 01:32:21 am »
Thanks Timmon! KARMA+10469

I hope you don't mind if I try cleaning this up a bit? With the resolution of the capture it might clean up quite nicely with Neat Video...

I generated a solid noise profile but unfortunately the video has horizontal tearing. I think it is tape fallout rather than signal issues because the video improves with time. For example....

Later footage post noise filtering

I think I'm going to try to create artificial frames and then use frame blending to repair it. I'm doubtful it will work.

Regardless I am so grateful that Timmon posted this video. I recorded this when it was on ESPN and the tape was recorded over by my parents when I was a wee lad.

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 08:33:45 am »
Thanks Street fighter, your expertise is welcome. It is possible the tape drifted, the VCR has automatic alignment, but the quality was so poor in places, I was trying to manually compensate to see if it was tape drift that was causing the problems. so the alignment  adjusted from one extreme to the other, before I gave up and allowed the VCR to decide.

Another added problem, of course, is the issue of format, not an issue these days. This broadcast will have been recorded in NTSC 525 lines, and then converted in the UK to PAL 625 lines, so there is already missing data in the transmission. Because many of these contests came from the US TV system and were converted for UK format, there are quality issues. We always moaned that Dallas seemed to have been filmed in poor quality compared to other shows we watched, that was the first time I found out about the different TV systems, which was given as the reason for the apparent poor picture quality! This can account for distortion at the bottom or top of the picture, and lack of definition.

I will be posting other contests from the same tape, so you will find similar issues. These tapes are now very old, and were not new when I recorded these contests 25 years ago, so this really is the last chance to see these contests unless someone out there has digitally converted a while ago. I hope so, and that they share!

Good luck with the clean up Street Fighter, hope you are successful, and thanks.

Offline Leander

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 07:54:45 pm »
Thank you very much for this video! I love the posing routine of Gisele Hadad (later known as Gisele Sass) at only 19 years old. Many years ago, I found a clip online of a Eurosport recording of her routine (which I have uploaded to Youtube), but it had no sound. Now I also have the interview afterwards and her posing at the end of the video and lots more.

:thanks: :clap:

phy911

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 12:08:26 am »

Doubling the duration using RE:Vision Effects Twixtor with Adobe After Effects using inverse blend with motion weight. Once this completes I will compress the video back to original duration with a frame rate of 59.94. Then blend the artificial frames hopefully reducing the vertical waves. The Red circles are time elapsed and remaining. I'm running 6 intel cores 12 threads 64 gigs of ram with Cuda GPU acceleration. I really hope this works.

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 08:21:21 am »
Thanks for your efforts Street Fighter. Would it help if I attach Neat Video to Magix ( the system I am using ) in future conversions? It's about $79 but happy to give it a go if that is the best solution. 

phy911

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 11:13:31 pm »
Thanks for your efforts Street Fighter. Would it help if I attach Neat Video to Magix ( the system I am using ) in future conversions? It's about $79 but happy to give it a go if that is the best solution. 

It is a plugin that is used after video capture for post processing. Try the demo and see if you like it. It can be very slow on older computers.

phy911

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 08:27:59 am »
No miracles yet. I'm going to try using Mercalli to help with the vertical jitter. Wish me luck.

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 08:54:28 am »
Thanks Street Fighter. Yes, I am using an old lap top for conversion still on Vista, as my main PC is a desk top in the office which I prefer, so it probably will be a slow process if I use Neat Video. I may give it a go anyway, as whatever I do is going to be slow sorting out what has not already been posted, etc.

Offline kjhrobot

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 02:34:38 pm »

[Hidden post: You need 10 karma to see it. Or become a VIP MEMBER to see it.]

Savings Galore 🤑 35% Off For All International Orders

Video chat with female bodybuilders, physique models and fitness athletes 24/7/365!

If you're skinny get out here you are not belong here  

All non-contributors risk getting permanently banned | Total 2630 Members Banned — and counting 🔥

First, I apologize to everybody, about the quality of the video. :sorry:
It's seriously bad or worst. :'(

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2021, 11:29:03 am »
A copy of the degraded video has been re-posted here: https://saradas.org/index.php?topic=805970.0

I checked my files to see if I was lucky enough to have DL'ed 'TheStreetFighter's' enhanced version, but, sadly, no. 'TheStreetFighter' passed away in 2018 so it may have been a project that was never completed. R.I.P.
Yes, we never managed to improve the quality. I'm glad I posted the video when I did, some of my old tapes are now unreadable. Time moves on. I often feel we were robbed that some of the most exciting times ever in FBB happened before digital photography and video. Only those of us who remember those days will know how exceptional the early athletes were, and how exciting the contests used to be. Even without high def, the women looked shredded.

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2024, 11:41:21 am »
kjhrobot kindly reposted my original video below.
Here is a slightly better version, the first few minutes of the programme ( couples competition) are missing. Look at kjhrobot's repost for the first 8 minutes or so if you want to see that.
The streetfighter originally had a go at improving my video recording below, but sadly never got the chance to complete the work. This clip is another recording I found that I made of the same contest and has not degraded as much!

[Hidden post: You need 10 karma to see it. Or become a VIP MEMBER to see it.]

Savings Galore 🤑 35% Off For All International Orders

Video chat with female bodybuilders, physique models and fitness athletes 24/7/365!

If you're skinny get out here you are not belong here  

All non-contributors risk getting permanently banned | Total 2630 Members Banned — and counting 🔥

Offline guydok18

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2024, 04:13:59 pm »
 8)

Forum Saradas  |  Muscle & Fitness Videos - Auctions & Gossip  |  Female Bodybuilding Contest Videos  |  1989 Jr Nationals

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View