Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by genin723 on 22 Jun 2021

•  
    Women's Bodybuilding

Women's Physique

• #2 by genin723 on 24 Jun 2021
  • Breaking News:
    Marigita Zamalova and Stacey Nunez has switched from Women's Physique to Women's Bodybuilding for the 2021 Puerto Rico Pro  :bravo:

• #3 by rigoberto on 25 Jun 2021
  • Fantastic news.   :hey:
  • #4 by e_honda on 25 Jun 2021
  • LOL, not surprising that 2 people switched when they saw there was initially only 3 competitors in the BB class, while it seemed like there were a bazillion competitors in WPD.

Its clear WPD seems to be the choice where most of these women want to compete, but they'll switch or boomerang back to BB when it looks like they have a better chance of winning.
  • #5 by johnnylm on 25 Jun 2021
  • Time to just get rid of Physique. Or get rid of bodybuilding if the women prefer "Physique" as a brand. To my eye there is little to no difference between the best physique women and the bodybuilders.
  • #6 by FBBMW on 26 Jun 2021
  • Physique is like the FBB Lightweight + Middleweight classes used to be, when there were enough FBB to have 3 or 4 classes. 

The argument will be about the overall, comparing a ripped physique to the heavyweight.   
    Maybe just don't have a overall winner, just class winners. 

The Physique class may give some of the women more incentive to compete, instead of using more stuff to get bigger.       
  • #7 by e_honda on 26 Jun 2021
  • I thought WPD was appropriate the first few years of its existence. 

But after a few years, the women in the division looked more and more like they belonged in the BB division, yet here they were still hitting these physique class "poses" that quite frankly look ridiculous for them. I find it to be pretty unwatchable.

IMO, it would be better if they made a "classic" division like they did with the men. They have less extreme physiques but they're still undoubtedly bodybuilders and are hitting bodybuilding poses.

The "poses" they make these women in WPD perform (who have developed unreal physiques) look completely out of place for them.
  • #8 by Old Surehand on 26 Jun 2021
  • Physique is like the FBB Lightweight + Middleweight classes used to be, when there were enough FBB to have 3 or 4 classes. 

The argument will be about the overall, comparing a ripped physique to the heavyweight.   
    Maybe just don't have a overall winner, just class winners. 

The Physique class may give some of the women more incentive to compete, instead of using more stuff to get bigger.       
    Physique needs to settle on a weight limit. All physique competitors should be at lightweight guidelines. Anyone over 155 has to go up to bbing. Like back in the day
    Physique needs to be eliminated. It was intended to replace Women's Bodybuilding with smaller women and more feminine posing. It only succeeded in confusing the fans and athletes. Bring back the Heavyweight, Middleweight and Lightweight bodybuilding classes. Get rid of that double bicep posing with open hands.
  • #9 by e_honda on 27 Jun 2021
  • Physique needs to be eliminated. It was intended to replace Women's Bodybuilding with smaller women and more feminine posing. It only succeeded in confusing the fans and athletes. Bring back the Heavyweight, Middleweight and Lightweight bodybuilding classes. Get rid of that double bicep posing with open hands.

When WPD first came out, I didn't like it, but I understood the reason behind  it. Iris Kyle was the dominant champion (and before her Kim Chizevsky). Plenty of women who got into BB said they wanted to look like Cory or Lenda, but we never heard anybody saying they wanted to look like Iris or Kim. There was a negative stigma attached to WBB as Iris won  the Ms. O year after year, and WPD was put out as an alternative for women who wanted to participate in the sport but didn't want to look anything like Iris. So I understood why they made the WPD division even though I didn't like it.

But now I don't really understand it. These women have developed their physiques to the point where the poses they're made to do look totally ridiculous.

All that being said, I don't think they're getting rid of WPD because they get a ton of participation in it. I think it's an awkward division to have now, but what are you going to say if there are consistently 15-20 or more women competing in it at every show?
  • #10 by genin723 on 27 Jun 2021
  • The 2021 Puerto Rico IFBB Pro FBB Pre-Judging (one callout):
    Jennifer Sweeney
    Stacey Nunez
    Nadia Capotosto
    Margita Zámolová
    Heather Grace :-\
    Susanna Jacobs

• #11 by olzir on 28 Jun 2021
  • Unfortunately, another contest without  full video coverage ( i mean prejudging , posing routines full video etc). :(
    2021... ::)
Pages:
Actions