Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advertising

gfx gfx
steroidify parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572653 Posts in 72093 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: LividPancake March 28, 2024, 07:54:14 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Joanne McCartney
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Joanne McCartney  (Read 110218 times)

aldeano

Joanne McCartney
« on: April 06, 2011, 11:02:06 am »
Joanne McCartney

Since the links appear to be down in this one I thought it would be a good place for some info on Joanne.
I couldn't find much, I found a bit of contest history and a couple of articles.  (If anyone knows a good stats page on Joanne I'll put it in here.)

Joanne McCartney contest history.

1986 Florida Championships ?
1987 North American Championships - IFBB, Overall Winner
1987 North American Championships - IFBB, HeavyWeight, 1st
1987 USA Championships - NPC, HeavyWeight, 3rd
1988 Ms International - IFBB, 8th
1988 World Pro Championships - IFBB, 15th
1989 Ms International - IFBB, 3rd
1989 World Pro Championships - IFBB, 18th

Magazines (I'm sure she was in more than this one mag.)
1988 September Num 145 Muscle Training Illustrated

Here are a couple of articles on Joanne.

Steve Wennerstrom 11-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Back in the 80's, two outstanding competitors also experienced wild rides while on their respective contest trails.  From Florida, Joanne McCartney entered her first NPC Nationals in 1986 after having good success in amateur contests in the South. But at the Nationals she was eliminated from the top 15 in the HW class. In 1987 she made a major turnaround by finishing 3rd in the HW class at the NPC USA. Later that year she went on to win the HW and overall crowns at the IFBB North American Championships to qualify for the pro ranks. While McCartney never competed in the Ms. O, she did make two trips to the Ms. International placing 8th in 1988 and 3rd in 1989. Those finishes were respectable and well-deserved. But at the IFBB Pro Worlds (a very prestigious event in those days) she plummeted to 15th in 1988 and 18th in 1989. Those results led to her dropping from the competitive scene. Followers of women's bodybuilding at the time will best remember Joanne McCartney for her beautiful legs and diamond-shaped calves.

During the same time frame, Janice Graser began to make her presence felt after placing 9th in the HW class at the 1986 NPC Nationals. In 1987 she had a memorable if not remarkable season of contest efforts. After finishing 6th HW in both the NPC Junior Nationals and NPC USA, Graser WON the NPC Nationals, but she wasn't finished. She was selected to represent the USA at the IFBB World Amateur Championships (held in Reno, Nevada that year) and won the gold medal among the HWs. So, she rocketed from 6th at the Junior Nationals to 1st at the World Championships over a period of roughly five months!   The downside of Graser's bodybuilding exploits came quickly, however. In 1988 she failed to place at the IFBB Pro Worlds, and at the Ms. Olympia in 1990 she finished 18th. Ouch!
Two more examples of competing in the great unknown.
_

Iron Dreams Mccartney Determined To Win Florida State Bodybuilding Title
June 6, 1986|By Chris Lazzarino, Staff Writer

FORT LAUDERDALE -- Dixie Gym is not an upper-class suburban health club. There aren`t fancy machines from California, hot tubs and running tracks. There are four walls with high windows and mirrors, a lot of iron with which to test the laws of gravity and plenty of hard-earned sweat.

For Joanne McCartney, it`s an artist`s workshop. A place to sculpt the human form. A vehicle for chasing her dreams.

When she poses, most of the gym`s patrons stop for a rest, taking advantage of an opportunity to watch McCartney flex her prize-winning muscles.

The determination of a champion is evident in her eyes. She scrutinizes herself carefully in the mirror, checking every minute aspect of her rippling body. She appears to be unaware of her small audience as she focuses her thoughts on one subject: how her body will look to the judges of the Florida Bodybuilding Championships this weekend.

The state championships is not a small meet to Fort Lauderdale`s McCartney. As a bodybuilder, she has quickly established herself in Florida. Her goal is to establish herself as one the nation`s prominent heavyweight female bodybuilders. This weekend`s competition at Miami`s James L. Knight Center, which will be covered by the top bodybuilding magazines, is one vehicle she hopes to use in that pursuit.

In November of 1984, McCartney got into bodybuilding because she didn`t like the way she looked in her swim suit. Her simple quest has turned into much more.

``I used to go to the bars a lot, and I put on some extra weight,`` McCartney said. ``I decided I needed to tone up. I told myself that I wasn`t getting any younger, and I wanted to settle down.``

After 3 1/2 months on a beginner`s regimen under coach Lennie Cahill`s supervision, McCartney got the boost she was looking for. In March of 1985 she went to a bodybuilding competition and saw Cory Everson, who was twice named Ms. Olympia. Drawing on inspiration found that day, McCartney became serious about competitive bodybuilding.

``For the first nine months, I devoted everything to bodybuilding,`` McCartney said. ``I worked out twice a day, six days a week. I dieted and slept right. I didn`t go out on many dates. Plus, I held down a full-time job as a secretary. During that time is when I made my most progress.``

Progess may be an understatement. Seven months after she began seriously training, McCartney qualified for the national bodybuilding championships. Twice. Four meets, three wins. Her life changed forever.

Soon after qualifying for the national championships, she met her husband, Gary, a Broward County fireman and a powerlifter. Two months later they were engaged, and two months after that they were married.

Her pre-meet training, made more difficult by living with a powerlifter who is able to eat whatever he wants, is over. During the past week, she has changed her diet -- normally consisting of fruits, vegetables and plenty of carbohydrates and high-fiber foods -- to a program of eating nothing but plain baked potatoes, an all-out assault on any remaining vestige of body fat.

``I have done everything I possibly could do,`` McCartney said. ``Now it`s up to the judges and what they want. Sometimes they go for size, they like a big girl. Sometimes they go for what they call the ripped look, which means you`ve dieted right. And sometimes they want both. Usually they want a feminine look.

``I think I`ve got it pretty much together.``

The winner of the Florida championships will qualify for the Sept. 6 national championships -- a prize McCartney need not chase. But there are other reasons to test herself against Florida`s best.

``A lot of people say I shouldn`t even come into this meet because I`ve already qualified for nationals, which are only three months away,`` McCartney said. ``They say I should concentrate on getting ready for nationals. But I want to be able to represent Florida and I think you should pay your dues. I want to go slowly but surely. If I win Florida, that`s another feather in my cap.

``But if I don`t win, I`m still going to nationals. I know I have the potential to go as far as I want in bodybuilding, and if somebody`s better than me and they win, I`ll just beat them at nationals. I have three months to beat them.``

BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS

WHAT: Florida Bodybuilding Championships.

WHERE: James L. Knight Convention Center, Miami.

WHEN: Preliminaries for women, teen-age women and mixed pairs, 7:30 tonight. Preliminaries for men and teen-age men, 9 a.m. Saturday. Finals for all categories, plus a guest posing by two-time Mr. Olympia Lee Haney, 7 p.m. Saturday.

WHO: Florida bodybuilders.

HOW MUCH: Admission prices range from $6 to $16. Tickets can be purchased at Bass ticket outlets, Specs Record stores and selected gyms.
_

There are two image links below but at the time of writing this, the imagevenue servers in the links are down. (I checked and their down for everyone according to isitdownrightnow.com.)

Forum Saradas

Joanne McCartney
« on: April 06, 2011, 11:02:06 am »

Ubu_ntu

Joanne McCartney - Updated
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 02:35:25 pm »

drukky

Re: Joanne McCartney
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 10:24:16 am »
thank you very much  :)

Ubu_ntu

Re: Joanne McCartney - Updated
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 12:45:27 pm »

Ubu_ntu

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 09:01:03 pm »

Enjoy,

Ubu_ntu

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 11:56:36 am »

Offline shadowghosttt

• Activity:
    10%
Joanne Mccartney
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 07:27:23 pm »

enjoy! karma if u like  :)

herbicepscam.com - Many of the world's most beautiful, muscular women are available to chat with you and are just a few keystrokes away.

Offline shadowghosttt

• Activity:
    10%
Joanne McCartney
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 07:32:09 pm »

karma if u like  :)

herbicepscam.com - Many of the world's most beautiful, muscular women are available to chat with you and are just a few keystrokes away.

drukky

Joanne McCartney
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 12:06:43 pm »
Joanne McCartney

pet_102002

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 09:58:06 am »

pet_102002

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 10:24:12 am »

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    26.67%
    • HerFlex Muscle Stories and art
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 05:43:45 pm »
Another Joanne scan...ENJOY!!! :)

;D
Please support me at: www.patreon.com/herflex

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    26.67%
    • HerFlex Muscle Stories and art
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 05:13:50 am »

Joanne...I think?????

:)
Please support me at: www.patreon.com/herflex

Offline OdoHerr

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 12:29:19 pm »

OdoHerr

User is currently banned [View]

valentino

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 09:38:32 am »

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Joanne McCartney

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View