Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
Advertising parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
573978 Posts in 72824 Topics by 28732 Members - Latest Member: lonerider April 18, 2024, 02:16:37 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  1989 Ms. Olympia
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1989 Ms. Olympia  (Read 21112 times)

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    70%
    • HerFlex Muscle Stories and art
1989 Ms. Olympia
« on: May 09, 2011, 01:55:39 am »

A few more scans from 1989 Ms. O !!!

ENJOY!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

...as always, KARMA is appreciated  ;D
Please support me at: www.patreon.com/herflex

Forum Saradas

Cas

Re: 1989 Ms. Olympia
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 02:25:41 am »
To this day it still baffles me how they were able to come to the conclusion Cory was better than Sandy. ::) I think we can all agree here that by looking at the pics, Sandy had the far superior physique that day.

rom553

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 02:09:51 pm »
Weider has a lot of influence over the sport, that's how.

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    70%
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 02:57:55 pm »
Agreed....it should have been Sandy in first,
And possibly Ellen Van Maris in second!
 ;D

Cas

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 06:11:30 pm »
Rom hit the nail on the head,as long as the Weider's control the ship anything/everything they say goes. That is why there needs to be a changing of the guard in the sport, as good as the Weider's were (yes I believe there was a time where they were fairly decent promoters)  they've sort of lost focus in what their beloved sport was/is about.

Cas

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 06:19:53 pm »
Adding to what I just posted, as far as the Weider philosophy goes, they really don't seem to mind that the mens division has guys swelled up like the Michelin man BUT if a woman goes that route (maybe Iris K. is the exception) they say "oh we don't like that it's not marketable" to a point that is correct yes, but they also gotta remember what 'brought them to the dance' if you will. I'm not asking for 200+ lb. amazons on stage per se but they do have to be sort of big don'tcha think?

Offline kevin1

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 12:32:46 am »
Adding to what I just posted, as far as the Weider philosophy goes, they really don't seem to mind that the mens division has guys swelled up like the Michelin man BUT if a woman goes that route (maybe Iris K. is the exception) they say "oh we don't like that it's not marketable" to a point that is correct yes, but they also gotta remember what 'brought them to the dance' if you will. I'm not asking for 200+ lb. amazons on stage per se but they do have to be sort of big don'tcha think?

Kinda confusing, but I think I've got it. The Weider's tell the judges "we want marketable FBB's, but it's OK if the most hardcore FBB wins." Thanks for shining a light on these evil geniuses!
User is currently banned [View]

Cas

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 05:14:08 pm »
Now that I've come back & read that second post, you're right Kev I was just a bit confusing wasn't I?(I probably should've left out the MBB comparison maybe?) but I'm glad you got the meat of what I said, I'll try not to be so confusing in the future. You're right though the Weider's are a bunch of 'evil geniuses'.

Offline krajo

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 05:37:15 pm »

Kinda confusing, but I think I've got it. The Weider's tell the judges "we want marketable FBB's, but it's OK if the most hardcore FBB wins." Thanks for shining a light on these evil geniuses!

It's not "the most hardcore"... It's Iris Kyle, who already has a trademark in the sport.

I would bet if Iris kyle went with that physique as a below_the_radar FBB, she wouldn't get the Weider's blessing.
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.".
Let's exchange.

rom553

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 07:27:20 pm »
Who said they are geniuses? They do what those people have been doing for thousands of years.

Offline kevin1

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 04:52:37 am »
Who said they are geniuses? They do what those people have been doing for thousands of years.

Please tell us more about "those people".
User is currently banned [View]

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    70%
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 02:37:33 pm »

Thanks fintus7 !

I always had hoped Corywould show up the next year BIGGER....like the picture on the right below.
Then, she could have truly beat Bev...and Sandy!

;)

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    90%
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 08:16:04 pm »
Cory was wonderful, but the most frustrating FBB ever! In her routines, she didn't flex long enough to see, the best moments were pose down where she had to! Probably the lousy videos, as she must of had to in predudging. Heaven would have been a most muscular from Cory, but if she didn't have to flex, she didn't (in competition, anyway).

Cas

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 05:09:53 pm »
I totally agree with mooveeguy,

there's absolutely no way either Bev or Sandy should've lost the title to Cory that year. As good as Cory was, she was just out matched this night but Weider and his 'yes men' wanted Cory to have the trophy no matter what. Granted they did put the fear of losing into Cory's head by scoring Sandy so close but the 'golden girl' still managed to be victorious.

Offline almightydwarf

• Activity:
    0%
  • female bodybuilders- fighters--crosfitters OMG!!
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 09:24:30 am »
i was totally  fan of jackie paisly ...wow she was a muscle beauty

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  1989 Ms. Olympia

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View