Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
Advertising parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572537 Posts in 72087 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: ezbrbtv March 28, 2024, 04:40:18 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  Polls about female body builders or fitness stars  |  DOUBLE BICEPS POSE: closed hands or open hands?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DOUBLE BICEPS POSE: closed hands or open hands?  (Read 22767 times)

Offline RobMash

• Activity:
    0%
DOUBLE BICEPS POSE: closed hands or open hands?
« on: June 24, 2015, 10:38:49 pm »
More and more athletes flex the biceps with open hands...

DOUBLE BICEPS POSE: closed hands or open hands?

I Saradas

Forum Saradas

Offline Sar-Net

• Activity:
    0%
Re: DOUBLE BICEPS POSE: closed hands or open hands?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 02:42:06 am »
I personally think they should do closed hands in everything except their free posing which they should be able to do what ever they want.

Closed hands shows off the forearm muscles, many are going open hands as it makes the Biceps look slightly larger as the forearm is smaller unflexed.  So in essence open hands is a bit of cheating as they are trying to cover up a weak body part.

Its the same idea as the smaller calf muscles many sport these days.   Smaller calf muscles make the upper leg look bigger but its still a cheat in its intent to cover up a weak body part and should be severely marked down.  Besides the point when you under develop one area to cover another area you end up with two under developed muscles.  So in my opinion its pretty stupid. 

If we had a proper pro body building federation these kinds of horrors would not be here.  But alas the IFBB is a Weider promotion vehicle and not a proper body building federation.

encephalon50

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 03:50:34 am »
A personal "peeve" is when the thumb is put "inside,"  or under the fingers and toward the palm...like a fist but one that would allow your thumb to break if you hit something with the "fist."   :what: The whole thing looks...awkward...you know...?

Offline pumpfiction

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 06:25:37 am »
I personally think they should do closed hands in everything except their free posing which they should be able to do what ever they want.

Closed hands shows off the forearm muscles, many are going open hands as it makes the Biceps look slightly larger as the forearm is smaller unflexed.  So in essence open hands is a bit of cheating as they are trying to cover up a weak body part.

Its the same idea as the smaller calf muscles many sport these days.   Smaller calf muscles make the upper leg look bigger but its still a cheat in its intent to cover up a weak body part and should be severely marked down.  Besides the point when you under develop one area to cover another area you end up with two under developed muscles.  So in my opinion its pretty stupid. 

If we had a proper pro body building federation these kinds of horrors would not be here.  But alas the IFBB is a Weider promotion vehicle and not a proper body building federation.

Couldn't agree more. K+

Online Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 06:49:47 am »
My understanding is that the open hand bicep pose is a requirement in the Physique division, as it is supposed to be a more "feminine" way to pose. NABBA have adopted this policy between their (now defunct) Physique division ( IFBB/NCP equivalent to FBB) and Figure ( which IFBB/NCP adopted years later and call it their Physique division).

You will note that many FBB's downgrading to Physique will often "forget" and hit a clenched fist pose before reverting to the open fist variation which is a requirement in Physique. I wonder the judges ever penalise the athlete for this...

I have not observed the open fist pose used a lot in FBB contests, not more that it ever has, anyway, closed fist is still the preferred variation, and in still photo's is a major way of identifying if you are looking at an FBB or Physique competition.

I prefer closed fist, and wish Physique would allow the pose more often, but I have been surprised to see how the bicep shape can vary between athletes when switching between open and closed in the same "Hit". In many athletes, it is quite pleasing to see a transition between open to closed in the same pose, really shows off the development they have achieved, and gives a sort of transition of half power to full power with the move into clenched fist, a demonstration of muscle expansion. It allows you to take in the development and see different views and shapes = more interesting.

By the way, love the idea of Bikini, Figure and Fitness flexing Rob! But I think we will have to be happy with the back stage flexing by athletes from the non flexing side of the sport, as I feel the IFBB / NCP wish there to be an option for non flexing contests and bodybuilding meets.

Offline rigoberto

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 06:59:51 pm »
In bodybuilding,  CLOSED  HANDS.   :thanks:

Offline RobMash

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 12:20:11 am »
I'm agree with with the thought of timmon and Sar-Net
Personally I don't like this choice of IFBB and by some athletes to pose double biceps only with open hands, especially among the few  remaining female bodybuilders and physique athletes. it would take at least a transition between closed and open poses biceps. I don't understand why IFBB supposed double biceps with opne hands more "feminine", it's only less technique than double biceps with closed hands.
When there is muscles shouldn't be hidden but show with proud...
I Saradas

Liesbeth

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 05:09:10 am »
At Fitness i be used on the open hand pose,  but the close hand pose shows of more details on the bicep so at BB i think closed is better
At the free posing and the routine i do some short cloded hand bi poses too because i know the judges like.

Liesbeth

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 05:00:13 pm »
Voted for both because like both poses.  Every variation has a place to be shown.
At contest the BB girls have to shoe max power / muscle and definition,  this is the closed hand pose. But they have to shoe the guns in a feminine way to so the open hand must be shown too.  At the the others it would be great to show both too.  At fitness  or bikini maybe.both but the main has to be there the open hand pose.
A turn from open hand to closed hand pose would be a good idea too for show the change of the bicep view.

At other situations for show biceps it depends on situation,  at my dance coeografics i only show the open hand variatio in a move because it fits better andi like to show on a sexy way that i have bicep. At situations i like to show my bicep i like the closed hand pose at twisted wrist max angle with hard squezzing fist for max pop out peak and show max details of the bicep.
Often i like to do the turn from open hand to closed and always get good response.

Liesbeth

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 07:56:18 pm »
Was not asked for!  But i guess same for single bicep pose.
 :hey:

Liesbeth

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 08:22:32 pm »
Was not asked for!  But i guess same for single bicep pose.
 :hey:
Was thinking about because i be sure in my experience the single bicep pose is the most shown pose ever.  No matter if Fitness,  physiqye,  bikini,  BB or any other.   :shhh:

faby73

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 03:26:33 pm »
I strongly support closed hands, at least in body building contests. In bikini or fitness maybe open is ok also.

Online Saradas.Org

• Ordem e Progresso
  • Admin
  • Activity:
    100%
  • I ♥ Saradas
    • I ♥ Saradas
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 08:27:14 am »

I Saradas 

FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Offline jstans

• Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 09:03:55 am »
A personal "peeve" is when the thumb is put "inside,"  or under the fingers and toward the palm...like a fist but one that would allow your thumb to break if you hit something with the "fist."   :what: The whole thing looks...awkward...you know...?
Same! I always cringed a bit, thinking in terms of a proper punch.
User is currently banned [View]

Offline jjtjr

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 02:33:25 pm »
 8) Closed hands, show that power!
User is currently banned [View]

Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  Polls about female body builders or fitness stars  |  DOUBLE BICEPS POSE: closed hands or open hands?

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View