Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advertising

gfx gfx
steroidify parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
574081 Posts in 72855 Topics by 28732 Members - Latest Member: lonerider April 18, 2024, 08:25:09 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Contest Photos & News  |  Olympia
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Olympia  (Read 20992 times)

mutecity

Olympia
« on: October 15, 2009, 08:08:36 am »

EXCLUSIVE Olympia Interviews

I'm conducting interviews with one competitor from each division (Ms, Fitness, Figure). I like to thank these women for taking time out of their prep to do these interviews. As I get them ready, they will be posted on this thread.

Here's the Fitness Olympia interview with The Black Mamba, Trish Warren!

Trish Warren
Trish Warren, aka the Black Mamba is among the top stars in IFBB fitness today. Last year, she made her Olympia debut and placed in the top ten. With the major shake-ups going on in the fitness division, Trish is looking to be a part of the elite stars in IFBB fitness. The Black Mamba was gracious enough to take some time out of her Olympia prep to do this interview.

ALL pictures were provided by Trish herself. Click on the pictures to view them in their original size.

State your name and profession (fitness/figure/female bodybuilding/bikini/other).
Trish Warren: IFBB Fitness Pro Trish Warren

How many years have you competed?
Trish: This is my 10th year. My first show was May of 1999

You and 2-time Figure Olympia Champion Jenny Lynn have become quite the Dynamic Duo. How did this partnership began, and how has this both affected your performances on stage and training routines for competitions?
Trish: Jenny and I met at the Olympia last year, and hit it off. She moved to Texas for a new beginning after placing fourth last year. I have always trained intense and this is what she needed to get her title back. From there we came up with idea to promote camps, and have our own exclusive clothing line “The Heaven Sent” Collection. It has been a great venture for me because I now have a dedicated business and training partner.

I don’t know if you train for strength, but if you could, may you share with FitGems some of your best lifts in the gym?
Trish: Squat – 300 lbs for a set of 6
Deadlift- 275 lbs for a set of 4
These are the only 2 that I have gone super heavy on

What (if anything) would you change about your profession?
Trish:MORE MONEY, I think every competitor should walk away with something if you make it to the Olympia Stage!

Your physique is absolutely amazing, and personally, I think you have the ideal fitness physique. That being said (this may be a tough question to answer) what do you think represents the ideal fitness competitor, as far as physique and routines are concerned.
Trish: Thank you for the Awesome compliment! I think you need to have a perfect balance of beauty, conditioning, and symmetry, without being too hard for the physique rounds. For the routines you need a clean and crisp 45second routine where all your mandatory strength, and flexibility moves are solid! Seal the deal with a fun and entertaining 2-minute where the crowd remembers your routine! I think I have accomplished all of this for the Olympia!

I know you and Branch are SUPER BUSY when you are not competing. What is it that you both do, and how are you able to balance that and training for competitions?
Trish: We own and operate a logistics company “Maximum Logistics,” where we forward freight for our customers all over the world. We travel almost every weekend for guest appearances! Branch is filming a couple TV shows to total 26 episodes. We host camps, the NPC Branch Warren Classic, and our own clothing lines! Of course you can’t forget we both compete! Now on top of all of this our 14 yr. old nephew moved in with us so now we have football, school work, and parental responsibilities! It is a very challenging lifestyle, but not so much that we can’t handle it all! I just thank God everyday for the drive and determination he has given both of us! We work very well together and one day will be sitting in our rocking chairs on our large front porch watching our grandchildren play! That’s our motivation!

(Branch and Trish at the NPC Muscular Development and Muscle Tech Branch Warren Classic)

With talent such as Ariel Kadar and Victoria Larvie (teenage superstars) emerging as the future of this sport, do you think a fitness boom will occur soon?
Trish: I hope so, fitness at the NPC level is dying! It’s always nice to see new faces and keep fitness alive!

If there was any celebrity that would be a perfect fit in female physique competition, if giving time to be able to condition themselves? Along those lines, what division could you see her competing in?
Trish: I think Fergie would make a great Fitness competitor!

You’re competing in your 2nd Olympia. With Kim Scheideler and Jenny Hendershott not in the show, what are your expectations heading into this event? Trish: It’s pretty clear that there’s going to be a new look in the top six.
Trish: I pray that I am one of the lucky top 6! I have taken an aggressive approach to training for this year’s Olympia and hope and pray it all pays off for me!

What are you doing differently now to prepare for the show than what you’ve did in your first Olympia show last year?
Trish: I began training for this show right after I placed 2nd at the NY Pro. I knew that I needed new powerful routines so I hired Jenny Hendershott and Lisha Dean to help me come up with a great 2- minute! I worked with Dr. Mike Feulner throughout my off-season something that I have never done before, and he has my physique the absolute best it has ever been!

What’s your goal for the Fitness Olympia (as if I don’t already know…LOL) ?
Trish: I would love to Win, but would be satisfied with top 5

If you could improve the Olympia in any aspect, what would you do and why?
Trish: To give all the athletes a pay check. After all, it is the Super Bowl of the IFBB and we are all pros! Have the expo and finals in one location, so we aren’t all running around like chickens with our heads cut off to make it to pre-judging.

What are your future plans in this industry, short-term and long-term?
Trish: Short term- To become one of the top 5 in the industry
Long term- To win the Olympia, and make a name for myself so I can continue to grow my camps, clothing line, and our NPC show!

Do you have any final words for your fans before you compete in the 2009 Fitness Olympia?
Trish: Thanks for interviewing me, God Bless you all and see you in 2 weeks!

Oh yeah Don’t forget about the Rock Star Fitness Camp Oct. 10 near DFW. For more information please contact Jenny Lynn or myself at jennylynnfitness@yahoo.com or trishfit@yahoo.com.

Forum Saradas

Olympia
« on: October 15, 2009, 08:08:36 am »

mutecity

Re: Olympia
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:15:47 am »
Olympia Interview: Meriza DeGuzman

One of the smallest yet most complete figure competitors out there today, Meriza DeGuzman will be entering her second Olympia contest after competing in her first one in 2007. With her recent top five placings this year, not to mention Jenn Gates (current Figure Olympia champion) and Zivile Raudoniene (current Figure International champion) are not in the show, there will be a new Figure Olympia champion crowned, as well as a different look in the top six. Meriza took time from her extremely busy schedule to do this interview for FitGems, and I thank her for that.

State your name and profession (fitness/figure/female bodybuilding/bikini/other).
Meriza DeGuzman: Meriza B Deguzman IFBB Figure Pro

How many years have you competed?
Meriza: 2 years amateur NPC figure and 2 years Pro IFBB figure

I’ve heard from a particular favorite site of mine and yours that for your size, you can lift some crazy weight around. May you share with us how strong you really are?
Meriza: Although I have not trained this way lately, last year I squatted pretty heavy to build more shape to my legs. I have front-squatted 225lbs for 10 reps and I have been known to lunge the parking lot here at World gym with a 100lb bar on my back! Lol! One-arm dumbbell rows with 80lbs 15 reps used to be easy for me…

What are the advantages/disadvantages of competing at your height?
Meriza: Honestly, I have always thought being a shorter competitor in the PRO ranks sucks! Lol! I stand out like the sore thumb besides Erin Stern! Standing alone, I believe I have pretty good flowing lines, shape and symmetry, but standing right beside a taller competitor that has longer lines, can make me look more muscular…which has always been my downfall since I love having a bit more muscle on me! Advantage? Shorter competitors are cuter on stage! Lol! Just like female shoes in a department store, they always have size 6 on display not size 10! Lol!

What (if anything) would you change about your profession?
Meriza: If you are referring to my figure profession, I would love to see a little bit more muscle and conditioning on stage…I believe that women can be strong- looking and still look sexy and feminine, if they are careful with their development…regarding my other profession, I am a professional fitness trainer/coach and I LOVE what I do with a passion! I LOVE to see all my clients evolve into healthier, sexier, more confident women! And that is such a great feeling!

With the addition of the bikini division, what do you see will happen with the evolution of figure, which is to many still an unsolved puzzle in terms of consistency within the NPC and IFBB?
Meriza: Hopefully the introduction of bikini will allow figure athletes to get back to training again…I know both myself and I know a bunch of other figure athletes that have downsized their training time because of being too muscular.

Who do you look up to the most for your inspiration, whether competing or in life in general?
Meriza: Inspirational people in my life: 1: Peter Ciccone ( National Level NPC BB) my fiance’ he always inspires me to work harder in life…2: my daughter Alexis ( 13 years now) for inspiring me to be a better mom and to live my life by example; 3: all my clients that inspire me to be a better role model for them!

For those that just don’t see figure in the same league in respect and dedication as fitness and women’s bodybuilding, what would you say to them to try and change their mind…or at the very least, let them see it from your prospective?
Meriza: I know that the other girls may think we “just stand there” when we are being judged, or say that we “don’t really do anything.” The truth is, Figure may be even tougher than the other two sports in the sense that in Figure, we don’t have a posing routine to present, or mandatory poses to show to the judges. With Fitness, the routine is a huge part of your overall score. In bodybuilding, the women can tweak their poses to best suit their structure and development. But, in Figure, you have NOTHING to present except your body. You present your physique and the way that you have shaped and tightened it after months or years of hard work - using the same tools as these other athletes – months and months of cardio, careful weight training and meticulous nutrition. We have very limited variation to our posing and presentation – which I believe makes Figure just as challenging, or even possibly harder in some ways, than Bodybuilding or Fitness.

If there was any celebrity that would be a perfect fit in female physique competition, if giving time to be able to condition themselves? Along those lines, what division could you see her competing in?
Meriza:Jessica Simpson! Definitely bikini! Fergie has a great body. She could do Figure, I think, in about 2 years tops!

The Figure Olympia is looking to be a very competitive one, with Jenny Lynn coming back in form, and Jennifer Gates and Zivile Raudoniene out of the show. What do you expect coming out of this year’s event for you personally?
Meriza: For any one of us stepping on that O stage, everyone wants to be #1! Lol! But realistically, I am praying for TOP 10! I did not place at the 2007 Olympia (it was only my 2nd Pro show)…I was just happy to be there. But this time my goal is to make at least TOP 10!

What are you doing differently now to prepare for the show than what you’ve did in your first Olympia show in 2007?
Meriza: For 2008, I put on size and muscle that did not do well for me! Lol! So for 2009, I had to really finesse my training to refine my body…and thankfully, it seems like the judges like it better! Lol! So for 2009 Olympia, I am planning to be on my A game and to have longer lines but still curvy. I plan on still have great conditioning! I can’t be on stage looking “chunky”! loll!

What’s your goal for this year’s event?
Meriza: see # 10 answer! (go two questions up from this question, and that's your answer)

If you could improve the Olympia in any aspect, what would you do and why?
Meriza: Better venue/host hotel! Orleans too smoky for me! Microwave and refrigerator in the rooms…

What are your future plans in this industry, short-term and long-term?
Meriza: I am currently working with my sponsor MAN Sports…we’ve got some really exciting projects coming out in 2010 - I will make sure to keep you in the loop! I plan on growing my FIGURE posing and presentation clinics…we scheduled 6 full clinics this year, and so far, they have been e a huge success! We plan on running at least as many next year. I will continue competing as long as my body will allow! Lol!

Do you have any final words for your fans before you compete in the 2009 Figure Olympia?
Meriza: Thanks for all the support, thanks for all the positive energy and love! And mostly, thank you for believing in me! xoxoxoxoxoxo

mutecity

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 08:17:21 am »
2009 Figure Olympia Competitors

Gina Aliotti
Jenny Lynn
Sonia Gonzales
Brenda Smith
Teresa Anthony
Huong Arcinas
April Roundtree
Felicia Romero
Monica Brant
Kristal Richardson
Nicole Wilkins-Lee
Heather Mae French
Kristi Tauti
Jessica Putnam
Erin Stern
Krissy Chin
Meriza DeGuzman
Amy Fry
Patricia Mello
Larissa Reis
Alicia Harris
Sherlyn Roy

2009 Fitness Olympia Competitors

Tracey Greenwood
Julie Palmer
Tanji Johnson
Regaine Da Silva
Tina Durkin
Shannon Meteraud
Trish Warren
Mindi O'Brien
Myriam Capes
Adela Garcia
Nicole Duncan
Bethany Wagner

2009 Ms. Olympia Competitors

Iris Floyd Kyle (defending champion)
Betty Adkins
Yaxeni Oriquen-Garcia
Lisa Aukland
Dayana Cadeau
Debi Laszewski
Heather Armbrust
Betty Pariso
Rosemary Jennings
Gale Frankie
Tina Chandler
Nicole Ball
Kristy Hawkins

mutecity

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 08:19:54 am »
2009 Olympia Results

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON A GREAT JOB THIS YEAR!!!

MS OLYMPIA

1. Iris Kyle - $28,000
2. Heather Armbrust - $14,000
3. Debi Laszewski - $8000
4. Lisa Aukland - $5000
5. Yaxeni Oriquen - $3000
6. Betty Pariso - $2000
7. Kristy Hawkins
8. Dayana Cadeau
9. Betty Viana-Adkins
10. Tina Chandler
11. Rosemary Jennings
12. Nicole Ball
13. Gale Frankie

MS FITNESS OLYMPIA

1. Adela Garcia - $28,000
2. Tanji Johnson - $14,000
3. Tracey Greenwood - $8000
4. Julie Palmer - $5000
5. Tina Durkin - $3000
6. Myriam Capes - $2000
7. Shannon Meteraud
8. Nicole Duncan
9. Regiane Da Silva
10. Trish Warren
11. Mindi O'Brien - Injury

MS FIGURE OLYMPIA

1. Nicole Wilkins-Lee - $28,000
2. Gina Aliotti - $14,000
3. Heather Mae French - $8000
4. Kristal Richardson - $5000
5. Amy Fry - $3000
6. Erin Stern - $2000
7. Jenny Lynn
8. Jessica Putnam
9. Felicia Romero
10. Monica Brant
11. Sonia Gonzales
12. Larissa Reis
13. Alicia Harris
14. Kristi Tauti
15. Meriza DeGuzman
16. Krissy Chin
16. Huong Arcinas
16. Teresa Anthony
16. April Roundtree
16. Patricia Mello
16. Sherlyn Roy
16. Brenda Smith

mutecity

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 08:20:33 am »
2010 Olympia

Qualified for the 2010 Olympia as of October 12th:

Ms. Olympia
Iris Kyle
Heather Armbrust
Debi Laszewski
Lisa Aukland
Yaxeni Oriquen
Betty Pariso

Fitness Olympia
Adela Garcia
Tanji Johnson
Tracey Greenwood
Julie Palmer
Tina Durkin
Myriam Capes
Kizzy Vaines
Nicole Duncan
Yenny Polanco

Figure Olympia
Nicole Wilkins-Lee
Gina Aliotti
Heather Mae French
Kristal Richardson
Amy Fry
Erin Stern
Gennifer Strobo

Offline Shadowman

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 03:18:26 am »
Some pics of my favorite ladys of this years olympia.

User is currently banned [View]

I Saradas

Offline Shadowman

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 08:50:13 am »
1. Iris Kyle
2. Yaxeni Oriquen-Garcia
3. Debi Laszewski
4. Sheila Bleck
5. Dayana Cadeau
6. Heather Foster

No big surprises this year.
User is currently banned [View]

I Saradas

Offline Female Bodybuilding

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Rock Hard Muscles
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 11:47:11 am »
Sorry for the late post. I just got back home in Philippines after a short vacation in Vegas and the neighboring city with my wife and kid and recently found the time the process my films. My family enjoyed the Olympia weekend very much. We met a lot of the female bodybuilders, we only see in the forums and websites and facebook.  It's also  nice to know the people behind the work in promoting female bodybuilding and fitness and some people from Saradas.   My apologies for not talking much, English, after all is just a second language.

In and around the Orleans

Much more to come, the films are now processed and hanged  and drying up well.
I Saradas

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Rock Hard Muscles
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 11:48:48 am »

and some more from the Alligator Bar during that get together...

More soon... :)
I Saradas

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Rock Hard Muscles
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 11:24:41 pm »
Some more from the hotel lobby and registration area...

Helen, A big fave for me.

Nice shirt...

...this guy is still thinking.

More to come folks..I post them seconds after the scan..Thanks for viewing.
I Saradas

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Rock Hard Muscles
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 11:26:17 pm »

I Saradas

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Rock Hard Muscles
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 01:13:16 pm »

Expo Scenes

Shot with 28mm lens on Leica MP and 50mm lens on Leica M6, Kodak 400TX film on D-76.
I Saradas

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Rock Hard Muscles
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 01:14:55 pm »
Thanks. I'm glad you like them.  Some of these shots are spur of the moment shots. Most of the time its just waiting for someone to do something.
A movement of some sort that could be shot...

Sometimes, its just the anticipation of the next scene that makes me put the camera eye level and wait for a scene that could be interesting..

A lot of the shots are staged but I'm no fashion photographer (obviously ;D ). I don't know how to make models pose. I would rather be invisible and shoot candids. But most of the time i get spotted.

Which most of the time too results to the staged shot...

But not all the time.
Most of the time it's after a short friendly conversation...

Or I ask permission because I'm a fan...

Composition is also partly reactive. Since its black and white, all i look for are patterns...

and as simple as good background light subject relationships...

I will Definitely  fly again to Vegas next year for the Olympia Weekend  so if you see me...
Ignore me but let me take your picture and smile..

RMJimenez
I Saradas

rom553

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 09:57:39 pm »
Love Geraldine!

Offline simha

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 11:39:18 pm »
Iris Kyle

Its Hard Work to find new stuff from Internet & Posting on Saradas...So Karma is always appreciated

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Contest Photos & News  |  Olympia

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View