Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
parapharma

gfx gfx
Advertising steroidify
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
574435 Posts in 72908 Topics by 28736 Members - Latest Member: nevelbaln April 19, 2024, 05:02:17 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  UK and Ireland Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Figure, Bikini, Wellness and Fitness  |  Nabba Universe Brimingham UK October 28
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nabba Universe Brimingham UK October 28  (Read 4938 times)

Offline Fbbfanuk

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Nabba Universe Brimingham UK October 28
« on: August 31, 2017, 08:46:24 am »
Just bought my tickets. Anyone else heading along?

Forum Saradas

UK_Fan

Re: Nabba Universe Brimingham UK October 28
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 11:58:52 am »
Just bought my tickets. Anyone else heading along?

Just had a look on NABBA UK's website for details of the contest, but other than the date/location/tickets, there was no details of what actually will be taking place, just 'a women's professional class', whatever that is.  Nothing to say what divisions will be there, FBB, WPD, Figure etc, who will be taking part, Amateur and/or Pro.  This (as I said on the recent WoS Rising Phoenix 'discussion' thread) is the sort of really poor organisational skills of those running the contests - almost no details to attract any fans who might want to attend - no way I would even think of buying a ticket unless all those details are available.

I suppose at least they've made the tickets available earlier (if I recall) than the RP (again, no way would I commit to a $1500+ trip abroad [incl. flights, hotels etc] without the tickets being on sale at least two months in advance to give me time to make arrangements, including time off work).  Seems like FemFlexUSA was right that shows are now run for the athletes and their supporters only (who would know about it) - trying to find out details of some of these shows (the WoS ones in the US are far better than those in the UK on that front) is like trying to get blood out of a stone.

Offline Fbbfanuk

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 12:46:14 pm »
Well I've faith. Am gonna head along
If Mr Ireland has all these cats I presume Nabba university will

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10212078750437505&id=1637015760&set=gm.1639334292774902&source=48

Anyone else going solo wanna meet up pm me

UK_Fan

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 03:03:16 pm »
Well I've faith. Am gonna head along
If Mr Ireland has all these cats I presume Nabba university will

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10212078750437505&id=1637015760&set=gm.1639334292774902&source=48

Anyone else going solo wanna meet up pm me

No real concrete info on NABBA's FB page, perhaps the only women's contest (at least at pro level, no info if any amateur contest is happening as well) is Figure, the only one mentioned.  No FBB, I won't even consider going.  I've seen p1$$-ups at breweries organised better on this score.  The lack of decent marketing about the event (especially inlcuding details of the contest divisions and who's competing) is as annoying as it is unsurprising.

Offline pumpfiction

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 04:25:59 pm »
I've moved to London from abroad recently and I decided to finally haul my arse out of the big city even though the contest takes place far away in Southport. I will be certainly attend the finals only but nothing sure at the moment. But I'm so eager to see the Figure ladies, this class is getting bonkers year after year. I would definitively pay more attention to Lindsey Angel. This chap is beyond words judging by her contest videos.

Offline Fbbfanuk

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 04:34:44 pm »
I've moved to London from abroad recently and I decided to finally haul my arse out of the big city even though the contest takes place far away in Southport. I will be certainly attend the finals only but nothing sure at the moment. But I'm so eager to see the Figure ladies, this class is getting bonkers year after year. I would definitively pay more attention to Lindsey Angel. This chap is beyond words judging by her contest videos.

You do Southport and Birmingham?

Offline pumpfiction

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 04:49:45 pm »
Sorry I got a little bit confused the NABBA Universe 2017 will be held at Birmingham as you put it in your title thread (Silly me). So definitively going to Brum ;-)

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    86.67%
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 06:55:07 am »
The class details are on the web site if you are interested, for example prejudging:
10.00 Miss Toned Figure 1115
1030 Miss Athletic Figure 1150
1100 Miss Trained Figure 1230
http://www.nabba.co.uk/

As usual in UK, no video or pictures can be taken. At ACE I was able to take pics. This is why bodybuilding is so underground in the UK, sadly.

Offline Polite Society

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 09:51:05 am »
 I'd hardly say it was underground.
Repeated harassment of other users on the forum will NOT be tolerated. Permanently banned from the forum.

User is currently banned [View]

UK_Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 11:43:07 am »
The class details are on the web site if you are interested, for example prejudging:

As usual in UK, no video or pictures can be taken. At ACE I was able to take pics. This is why bodybuilding is so underground in the UK, sadly.

Yet more reasons not to bother.  How can the judges tell the difference between the women's classes?  I'm surprised they didn't have a 'T&A' class.  IMO the organisers haven't got a clue, and they wonder why fans haven't bothered to turn up for the last 10-15 years...

Offline pumpfiction

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 02:16:16 pm »

Bought my tickets (I will attend the whole show), now prepping my travel from London to Birmingham, it will be a long drive. And yep, they explicitely stated on the tickets no unathorised photography or filming permitted in case you didn't get the memo the first time. IMO, this is less likely due to British mores in that matter than exclusive commerical partnerships between the NABBA fed and companies like D'N'S (Photography) and GMV (Video) that have been covering the Universe for years. I object to the 'underground' part of your message, unless you're talking about the FBB fans, it's been quite well advertised in social media circles.

Very excited indeed for this, I've been following the ladies throughout the past year and strong competition can be expected lest they actually take part to the contest. You omitted the Professional Classes, now open to women with at least two (confirmed) serious contenders, Daria Diossi from Russia, who is undoubtly one of the best FBBs, all feds considered, wallking the earth at the moment; and Italian Flora Conte making her return to the stage after a couple of years of hiatus.

UK_Fan

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 03:47:37 pm »

Bought my tickets (I will attend the whole show), now prepping my travel from London to Birmingham, it will be a long drive. And yep, they explicitely stated on the tickets no unathorised photography or filming permitted in case you didn't get the memo the first time. IMO, this is less likely due to British mores in that matter than exclusive commerical partnerships between the NABBA fed and companies like D'N'S (Photography) and GMV (Video) that have been covering the Universe for years. I object to the 'underground' part of your message, unless you're talking about the FBB fans, it's been quite well advertised in social media circles.

Very excited indeed for this, I've been following the ladies throughout the past year and strong competition can be expected lest they actually take part to the contest. You omitted the Professional Classes, now open to women with at least two (confirmed) serious contenders, Daria Diossi from Russia, who is undoubtly one of the best FBBs, all feds considered, wallking the earth at the moment; and Italian Flora Conte making her return to the stage after a couple of years of hiatus.

I think you've over-egged the 'FBBs' - I looked them up (I'd never heard of them, though I'm much more of a fan of proper female bodybuilding than WPD or Figure) and they're both Figure athletes.  As far as I know, there's no actual female bodybuilding contests, at least at national level, in the UK any more (whatever the federation).  Even WPD is finding it hard to survive.  There may be 'some' coverage/details of such events on social media, but after looking at these myself, I found they were often very sketchy about the events (hence often the confusion about what divisions are competing) and details of who is (without going to every competitor you [may] know of in that federation to see if they are competing).  Even getting results of previous contests is difficult.

I just wish they'd make it easier for fans to find out such things - I don't want to spend hours trawling through numerous (and often poorly put together) websites (I do not particularly want to join FB or have my name splashed around scoial media saying I 'like' FBBs [I don't mind supporting the sport in my own way, but not telling everyone on the Web])to find such things - most people do have more things to do with their day.  If WoS can do a reasonably decent job at marketing, why can't these people/federations?

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    86.67%
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 06:37:50 am »
OK, find me a full report on last years Universe, like you will find for Olympia, or Arnold, and I'll go along with that!
It took 7 days before any results appeared for the UK Championships in Nottingham, and even now photo coverage is patchy. There is now a photo report on East Labs SK, but if you want a full set of pictures on the contest you can pay for them . It will cost you over £7000, by the way!

As a fan you cannot take pictures without the risk of being ejected from the contest. To protect the few photographers who are allowed to cover the contest, and sell the pictures back to the contestants.

When UK bodybuilding coverage is on the level of USA and European bodybuilding, I'll agree with you. It is underground. And as a result, acceptance of bigger men and women is still way off where it is in other countries. At the ACE in Spain, any flexing in the city centre caused great interest, and the public were calling out for poses! Admittedly, ACE in Barcelona is now about 8 years in, I believe, but it was fun to see, a real acceptance and almost party atmosphere in the streets. Really good.

UK_Fan

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 12:34:52 pm »
OK, find me a full report on last years Universe, like you will find for Olympia, or Arnold, and I'll go along with that!
It took 7 days before any results appeared for the UK Championships in Nottingham, and even now photo coverage is patchy. There is now a photo report on East Labs SK, but if you want a full set of pictures on the contest you can pay for them . It will cost you over £7000, by the way!

As a fan you cannot take pictures without the risk of being ejected from the contest. To protect the few photographers who are allowed to cover the contest, and sell the pictures back to the contestants.

When UK bodybuilding coverage is on the level of USA and European bodybuilding, I'll agree with you. It is underground. And as a result, acceptance of bigger men and women is still way off where it is in other countries. At the ACE in Spain, any flexing in the city centre caused great interest, and the public were calling out for poses! Admittedly, ACE in Barcelona is now about 8 years in, I believe, but it was fun to see, a real acceptance and almost party atmosphere in the streets. Really good.

I quite agree.  In my view, the powers-that-be and organisers of such events wouldn't know how to organise a p*55-up at a brewery!  I've seen my info about Lord Lucan's whereabouts than most UK (so-called) women's bodybuilding (WPD at most, and now probably just Figure and below) contests and athletes.  Most decent athletes either eventually move to the States (better access to quality training at a lower cost and far more coverage/events within [reasonably] easy reach) or give up way too soon because they can't/don't want to move away from friends/family.  Very little in the way of serious (at least respectful and knowledgable) media coverage over here either, plus of course the very negative attitudes of much of the population (towards the athletes [especially the largest or youngest FBBs] and fans [assumed by many to be gay for liking them]).

How these idiots (my opinion) can justify allowing such unafforable prices for contest photos (never mind the lack of reporting or general coverage of female bodybuilding in the UK anyway) or video (presumably none available, or 'only' cr@ppy short DVDs at high prices).  I'm thinking they only let 'physical' photos get to the 'market' (presumably for signing only - HELLO! 21st century! Ever heard of jpegs?) for selling at booths at the next contest - if not those price are ridiculous!  If Muscle Angels & Co can charge in the region of $20 a month for full access, or lower for individual (long and HD) video clips, then why can't these guys?  Don't they know they have a big audience (not just in the UK) reading and waiting, who won't bother at such high prices?  Are they deliberately trying to kill off the sport on the women's side in the UK, leaving just the T&A shows?

Offline t651

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2017, 05:26:42 pm »
Live stream here people:

Don't post YouTube or other streaming links here.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  UK and Ireland Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Figure, Bikini, Wellness and Fitness  |  Nabba Universe Brimingham UK October 28

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View