Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by FemFlexUSA on 15 Oct 2019
  • These results are surprising. I know the sample group is small and biased, but I thought there would be a higher percentage of positive responses.
  • #47 by sluggo on 27 Dec 2020
  • I gotta vent on the whole tattoo business in this sport.  I have no problems with a tat or two but now its seems the rage to go get sleeves or circus freak almost whole body tattoos.  Sure, it’s the woman’s choice, but its starting to go overboard.

It’s a fringe sport, it get that, but why the need for them to wreck the canvas and feminine appeal by inking up and covering the work? 

It’s driving me away from even coming here to look.
  • #48 by Polite Society on 30 Dec 2020
  •   They're not building muscle or getting tattoos to get your approval.   You've said yourself it's not lessening as a trend. They are free to do what  they like.
  • #49 by sluggo on 02 Jan 2020
  • Ok Politesociety, I'll bite.

People are wondering why the BB sport is losing fans.  They get jacked up on juice, grow the jawlines, deepen the voice, almost look like drag queens, and then cover themselves with more tats than a Marine Corps depot and it turns people off.  The ink is starting to become ridiculous and its spreading to all classes.  Just as tats and ink have grown in popularity, so has the spread here but it seems its going overboard in this sport.

Any girl back in the 90's with some muscle and maybe a discrete tat or two is my pick. 

You take women with body image issues, narcissism, and add the ink and it screams LOOK AT ME.  When people comment negatively, it should be expected.  It's their choice, sure, but understand what it does to this sport and its competitors.
  • #50 by Dingaro on 04 Jan 2021
  • First off, your pick matters to you, not to everyone. Whether it's overboard or not is neither objective, nor for you to decide.

Second, you can't keep saying "it's their choice" and then qualifying it with reasons why they shouldn't do what they want with their own body to fit your aesthetic.

Some people will be turned off, others will like it. Even if this means the sport becomes less popular, then that's how it is. People in this sport aren't supposed to do whatever the fans want to themselves just to please. They can, but again, it's their choice (full stop, not with qualifiers).

Hell, a muscular female body is still in itself a very unpopular look with most mainstream people. Should they stop being like that too?
Pages:
Actions