Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by egad00 on 25 Jul 2018
  • A big reason for the recurrence of jerks in fmg stories can probably be tied back to an author who went by Marknew.  He was both very good at writing fmg, very prolific and was active for about two decades and counting.  Maybe longer.   All of his stories tended to feature role reversals (not uncommon in fmg) but what set his stories apart were his descriptions of the girl lording her good fortune over the guy.   His girls weren't always abusive assholes, but in some of his more memorable stories they were.  Over the years I've seen many writers enter this space who were clearly influence by him. 

As to why, I'm in no position to psychoanalyze anyone, so I prefer to leave the motives a mystery
  • #17 by Warhawk Overdrive on 25 Jul 2018
  • A big reason for the recurrence of jerks in fmg stories can probably be tied back to an author who went by Marknew.  He was both very good at writing fmg, very prolific and was active for about two decades and counting.  Maybe longer.   All of his stories tended to feature role reversals (not uncommon in fmg) but what set his stories apart were his descriptions of the girl lording her good fortune over the guy.   His girls weren't always abusive assholes, but in some of his more memorable stories they were.  Over the years I've seen many writers enter this space who were clearly influence by him. 

As to why, I'm in no position to psychoanalyze anyone, so I prefer to leave the motives a mystery

IMO
    It was not just the role reversal. That was part of it. Chelgi, Tinyboy and others wrote role reversal stories. I think Marknew stood out because of his NWO stories.
  • #18 by lostlastexile on 26 Jul 2018
  • Many have expressed their point and I do not judge nor am I who to criticize. The only thing that doesn't convince me is that "change of roles".

Does that mean that we men are generally abusive assholes? :(
  • #19 by Warhawk Overdrive on 26 Jul 2018
  • Many have expressed their point and I do not judge nor am I who to criticize. The only thing that doesn't convince me is that "change of roles".

Does that mean that we men are generally abusive assholes? :(

A lot of the time he is. Or he is cheating on his wife/girlfriend. But I think the more common theme is an alpha male having everything taken from him. One story that was an exception was "Transfer Student" by Marknew. Its been years sine I read it, but I don't think the male protagonist (high school student) did anything to warrant anything bad happening to him. Which is to say he was not a big football jock who treated women badly and "got his" He was just a normal kid who, along with his new girlfriend was a victim of circumstance
Pages:
Actions