Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advertising

gfx gfx
parapharma steroidify
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572659 Posts in 72093 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: LividPancake March 28, 2024, 08:19:09 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  Vice :" Inside The Lucrative World of Female Muscle Worship "
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vice :" Inside The Lucrative World of Female Muscle Worship "  (Read 4374 times)

Offline 87fg

• Activity:
    30%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Vice :" Inside The Lucrative World of Female Muscle Worship "
« on: August 20, 2018, 10:35:35 am »
Everywhere I look it seems that female muscle is getting more exposure. Vice just published an article on their website called "Inside The Lucrative World of Female Muscle Worship." The amazing thing is that it actually mentioned Saradas. It appears more people are into female muscle than you think. Normally, with news media it seems that it tries to portray female muscle fandom as strange, but in the article it was a more liberal attitude. There some of the misconceptions that we can easily recognize, but it was well written and I thought it captured the element of this culture. It is worth reading. This is not the only time Vice has covered female bodybuilding. There was a video "Last of the Swole Sisters" that discussed the struggles of the sport. I really hope the news site does more with documenting female muscle. 

Offline cook

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Vice :" Inside The Lucrative World of Female Muscle Worship "
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 02:18:39 pm »
Thanks for this. I"m going to read it

Offline pumpfiction

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 03:29:07 pm »
Everywhere I look it seems that female muscle is getting more exposure. Vice just published an article on their website called "Inside The Lucrative World of Female Muscle Worship." The amazing thing is that it actually mentioned Saradas. It appears more people are into female muscle than you think. Normally, with news media it seems that it tries to portray female muscle fandom as strange, but in the article it was a more liberal attitude. There some of the misconceptions that we can easily recognize, but it was well written and I thought it captured the element of this culture. It is worth reading. This is not the only time Vice has covered female bodybuilding. There was a video "Last of the Swole Sisters" that discussed the struggles of the sport. I really hope the news site does more with documenting female muscle.

Read it last week, entertaining read. Plus, it manages to name-drop this site...

If you have time to dive through the site's archives there are other subjects dedicated to WBB besides The Last Of The Swole Sisters (You may also have to look for Vice's foreign affiliates).

Offline khuddle

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 03:44:33 pm »
Interesting that the founder of Herbiceps started the site "as a means to meet his female bodybuilder heroes" rather than to make a profit.
I suspect that is the case for 90% of the female muscle sites out there.
User is currently banned [View]

Offline arpeggiochords

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 11:25:54 pm »
Interesting that the founder of Herbiceps started the site "as a means to meet his female bodybuilder heroes" rather than to make a profit.

Yeah however, he now takes a 48% cut.

Thanks for the article, 87fg.

Offline 87fg

• Activity:
    30%
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 01:05:07 am »

Yeah however, he now takes a 48% cut.

Thanks for the article, 87fg.

I mean he does. It seems to me most of the money goes to the actual athletes and the operation costs. The quality has not declined and the women are wonderful as always. I was just impressed that the Vice article did its research. Clearly, more men like female muscle than we previously thought. There is a general female muscle fandom. Muscle worship is only a small part of it. The culture continues to develop and grow. I really don't think female bodybuilding is dead; it 's evolving. 

Offline sa2009

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 05:33:51 am »
It's def not dead .  It has obviously been having problems with attendance and cancelling the Olympia , and Ms. I .  But on the other side is super popular . The number's on the internet show the huge fan base for female muscle . And the fact that webcam sites are prospering is further proof . Also the number of followers of certain women's insta**** accounts .

herbicepscam.com - Video chat with female bodybuilders, physique models and fitness athletes 24/7/365!

Offline Warhawk Overdrive

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    66.67%
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 01:51:23 am »
The site, more than just a hub for discussion, is also dominated by female bodybuilders offering their muscle worship services.

Christal Cornick is the only woman I know who advertise on here with any consistently. Most women if they post at all, come in like a bomber drop a couple of posts then fly off never to be seen again.

Tanya Bunsell, the author of Strong and Hard Bodies: An ethnography of female bodybuilding, explains how a large part of muscle worship's appeal stems from a schmoe's desire to be emasculated. "For many of the muscle worshippers, there appears to be a masochistic drive in the desire to be dominated or controlled," she says.

NO!! NO!! NO!! :::jumpin jack armstrong:: This is what I meant in my other posts. I don't want to be dominated or anything like that. Can't I just like a woman with muscle the same way I like a woman's T&A??!! Big tits=arousal. Big biceps=arousal. Punch in the face=not aroused dominate/goddess/mistress=not aroused. Is that so f*****g hard to understand???!!!!!!!! :::for cripes sake:::

And who is this woman? All these people must go to the same place to get their information. Somebody pleeeeease tell Tanya Bunsell and all the other writers or reporters or whatever that they are only telling half the story

I know I take this too seriously and I know there are guys who are described perfectly when you talk about being dominated but when there is another side to this (that i happen to identify with) which IMO is never heard it gets under my skin a bit. It would be nice if someone got the word out more often.

P.S. I also think "goddess" is way, way over used.
"Klingons appreciate strong women" -Lt. Worf

Offline khuddle

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 02:16:58 am »
Good points Warhawk. FBB fans come in all shapes and sizes, and shouldn't be painted with the same brush.
User is currently banned [View]

Offline 87fg

• Activity:
    30%
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 10:27:42 pm »
The article is misleading in regards to Bushnell's book.I have read it, and that was not the only reason schmoes gave for their love of female muscle. There are men who just really are into the wrestling and the sexual aspect is not that huge of an importance. Many want to test their strength against a powerful woman. The men who do sessions are or either former athletes themselves and they like the idea of competing with a woman in a physical activity. I have read some accounts that men do these sessions, because it seems like it takes them back to a time of childhood. Kids love to play wrestle. Normally, this is among boys who seem more rambunctious. There could be say a tomboy that would participate in such activities. When children become adults, they are forced to give up that form of play. However, with the session men and women can capture this care free period of life. Then there is also the just meeting your favorite athlete. Sometimes sessions may just involve posing and the client asking for autographs. Think of it  as a personal meeting between fan and athlete. I mean the die hard sports fan for example would love to meet Tom Brady or Lebron  James. To Schmoe meeting Colette Nelson or Margie Martin in person would be the same thing. Obviously, the motivations are not purely sexual or based on the desire for emasculation. There is more complexity to muscle worship and session wrestling.   

Offline NinjaStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Intolerably bitchy
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 02:14:21 pm »
NO!! NO!! NO!! :::jumpin jack armstrong:: This is what I meant in my other posts. I don't want to be dominated or anything like that. Can't I just like a woman with muscle the same way I like a woman's T&A??!! Big tits=arousal. Big biceps=arousal. Punch in the face=not aroused dominate/goddess/mistress=not aroused. Is that so f*****g hard to understand???!!!!!!!! :::for cripes sake:::

And who is this woman? All these people must go to the same place to get their information. Somebody pleeeeease tell Tanya Bunsell and all the other writers or reporters or whatever that they are only telling half the story

I know I take this too seriously and I know there are guys who are described perfectly when you talk about being dominated but when there is another side to this (that i happen to identify with) which IMO is never heard it gets under my skin a bit. It would be nice if someone got the word out more often.

P.S. I also think "goddess" is way, way over used.

Dude I feel you, but the sad reality is  most dudes here and in the fetish want to be humiliated. I really don't get it and it really sucks that I have to wade through all this femdom crap just to get what I want, which is hot muscle babes. Guys like you and me just have to deal with it because we're in the minority.
I'm a weapons-grade skeptic, industrial-strength cynic, a hospital-grade bullshit detector. Logic and reasoning will be used with extreme prejudice. Your feelings are collateral damage.

Offline 87fg

• Activity:
    30%
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 02:16:40 pm »
Has anyone ever taken survey about the main reason people visit this forum ? I don't think the majority are coming for the sake of femdom fantasy. The main reason is to connect with other fans, look at pictures, share collections of videos, or get information on athletes you would not find anywhere else. I'm not ignoring there are people who fit the schmoe stereotypes, but I think that is a large generalization. This is the problem with the article it does not distinguish between female muscle fandom and female muscle fetish. 

Offline Warhawk Overdrive

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    66.67%
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2018, 10:26:05 pm »
Has anyone ever taken survey about the main reason people visit this forum ? I don't think the majority are coming for the sake of femdom fantasy. The main reason is to connect with other fans, look at pictures, share collections of videos, or get information on athletes you would not find anywhere else. I'm not ignoring there are people who fit the schmoe stereotypes, but I think that is a large generalization. This is the problem with the article it does not distinguish between female muscle fandom and female muscle fetish.

IMO
Its not enough anymore that there are men who like women with muscle. It was back in the 80s. :::::Muscular women and the men who love them next on.....  :::::Since these people are trying to "sell newspapers" they look at the sub-culture and decide that guys wanting to be beat up and bad-mouthed is more interesting then guys who want to cop a feel or just talk. (men have copping a feel and talking to women for thousands of years that is almost normal.  ;D) If given a choice they know that the kinky side will get more readers/viewers.

Still annoys me but I know that it has more to do with $$$ then telling the (whole) truth.
"Klingons appreciate strong women" -Lt. Worf

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  Vice :" Inside The Lucrative World of Female Muscle Worship "

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View