Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
Advertising parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
576316 Posts in 73313 Topics by 28883 Members - Latest Member: Rafael@war April 27, 2024, 10:29:07 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Alison Brundage
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Alison Brundage  (Read 348078 times)

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Re: Alison Brundage
« Reply #420 on: June 16, 2014, 08:57:28 pm »
Having a bit of a nightmare with my PC.
Drive corrupted, reformatted, then the back up software started to restore my files, and at the same time it saw that the ones it hadn't restored were missing on my hard drive, so decided I didn't want them anymore and deleted them off the back up! The restore then failed as it couldn't find the files the desktop client had deleted ahead of it. Result = gigs of missing female muscle going back to the beginning of the femuscle era. OdoHerr would be as mortified as I am right now, I'm sure.
The back up company are investigating, but the positive is that I found an "Alison Archive", by chance,  on another old back up system, and these few WPW pics do not appear to have been posted, and link in as a missing few from the original post on page 1 of this thread.
So in every cloud, there is a silver lining.... even if the internet cloud is failing me badly at the moment! Moral of the story, don't trust the cloud, keep local back ups up to date as well.
Just hoping the Back up company recovers the data, can't see why not as the files are visible on line, just inaccessible.

Timmon
What a nightmare.   How much ya wanna bet they show up.  I am honored that you are stoked to have these.....after all, it's just me.  That turquoise dress there was one that Steve Wennerstrom let me borrow out of his girlfriend's closet.  That was before the stretch one WSP used fore each shoot. 
Alison

Forum Saradas

« Reply #420 on: June 16, 2014, 08:57:28 pm »

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #421 on: June 16, 2014, 09:02:02 pm »
Alison -
How old were you when those photos were taken?

I was 38 !  I had been lifting about 3 1/2 years by then...total.
Alison

beowulff

« Reply #422 on: June 16, 2014, 09:28:31 pm »
Alison -
How old were you when those photos were taken?

I was 38 !  I had been lifting about 3 1/2 years by then...total.
Alison

Awesome genetics.

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #423 on: June 17, 2014, 02:59:03 pm »
Drive corrupted, reformatted, then the back up software started to restore my files, and at the same time it saw that the ones it hadn't restored were missing on my hard drive, so decided I didn't want them anymore and deleted them off the back up! The restore then failed as it couldn't find the files the desktop client had deleted ahead of it. Result = gigs of missing female muscle going back to the beginning of the femuscle era. OdoHerr would be as mortified as I am right now, I'm sure.
The back up company are investigating, but the positive is that I found an "Alison Archive", by chance,  on another old back up system, and these few WPW pics do not appear to have been posted, and link in as a missing few from the original post on page 1 of this thread.
So in every cloud, there is a silver lining.... even if the internet cloud is failing me badly at the moment! Moral of the story, don't trust the cloud, keep local back ups up to date as well.
Just hoping the Back up company recovers the data, can't see why not as the files are visible on line, just inaccessible.

Timmon
What a nightmare.   How much ya wanna bet they show up.  I am honored that you are stoked to have these.....after all, it's just me.  That turquoise dress there was one that Steve Wennerstrom let me borrow out of his girlfriend's closet.  That was before the stretch one WSP used fore each shoot. 
Alison
Thanks Alison.  No "just me"s please! You have to remember that you were a pioneer in the sport. Whilst you think you were just experimenting, guys like me who didn't realise women could look so fit and athletic, were absolutely blown away by the steady female evolution that was happening in the 80's. Every photo we saw, was more dramatic than the last, far more exciting than these days, where everything is stagnating, and the sport has degenerated into a battle of the  "best" false boobs and who has the best surgeon, rather than physique perfection. (not totally true, but you get my drift, implants seem to be a must have in many areas of the sport, and athletes fear they will do less well without them).
Anyway,  you were right in there at the start, and I never thought the technology woild even enable us to share casual chat all these years later! So to find these pics of you  is a bonus!

The good news for me, is that the back up company have resolved the issues, so I should get back the lost files OK. But, it will take days to restore. A public thanks to OdoHerr, who has been very supportive with his offer to help if I need it.

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #424 on: June 20, 2014, 12:09:49 am »

Timmon
Alison
Thanks Alison.  No "just me"s please! You have to remember that you were a pioneer in the sport. Whilst you think you were just experimenting, guys like me who didn't realise women could look so fit and athletic, were absolutely blown away by the steady female evolution that was happening in the 80's. Every photo we saw, was more dramatic than the last, far more exciting than these days, where everything is stagnating, and the sport has degenerated into a battle of the  "best" false boobs and who has the best surgeon, rather than physique perfection. (not totally true, but you get my drift, implants seem to be a must have in many areas of the sport, and athletes fear they will do less well without them).
Anyway,  you were right in there at the start, and I never thought the technology woild even enable us to share casual chat all these years later! So to find these pics of you  is a bonus!

The good news for me, is that the back up company have resolved the issues, so I should get back the lost files OK. But, it will take days to restore. A public thanks to OdoHerr, who has been very supportive with his offer to help if I need it.
Oh my...I'm a tad flustered.  You see there are a lot of gals like me who are genetically  "gifted".  In those days, we did not have a clue how gifted we were...we just were.  Naturals...bearing muscles all of their own.    I had not a clue really how natural I was.    For all the year I was self conscious for being the beefy girl I was...now ( in my prime )  I was vindicated..and at the last gasp.  At 38  I was very late to be anything great.  But thank God for the WSP guys....and their encouragement.    I'm telling you.  The few years I did competition...were the years that  assisted me in feeling AOK with me as a muscular woman.  Done deal.  Now I'm 100% Ok with who I am as a muscular woman.  Thank God for womens's bodybuilding and you guys.   Thank God...I swear.
I can sleep at night and be OK.....
ALISON

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #425 on: June 20, 2014, 07:22:58 pm »
Talking to FBB's over the years, Alison, I understand how society makes women with muscle feel out of place (when I say understand, I mean, the fact, rather than what you muscle girls actually go through. I used to wear specs to school, and the 4 eyes taunts etc, are the nearest I'll get to understanding, but I could take the specs off for a while!).

I imagine that this forum is different to "closed shop" bodybuilding forums where the members are mainly bodybuilders "in it together", as this forum contains bodybuilders and fans, and no one shouting you down as a "Schmoe" if you dare mention you think femuscle is attractive, as sometimes happens on the bodybuilding forums. So, great to hear we do offer support and escape from the jealous folk out there in the big world!

A Facebook friend who is an FBB here in the UK has had a rough time this week in the Tesco's check out queue, some guy shouting over ( but not addressing her directly) "Is that a woman, her arms are bigger than a bloke's" or something to that effect. As she is preparing for a competition, that has knocked her down a bit. So I have sent a message of support to her, and it actually helps that she knows I'm not a muscle guy, this is a member of the "public" who thinks she is great.

All FBB fans should be supportive. We know the FBB does it for themselves, but I point out that they do it for us as well! A bit like football, not everyone can or wants to play, but that should not stop fans being interested.

Thanks for the pic Alison.

If you were just starting out today, do you think you would be tempted to aim for Physique contests (flexing!) Figure (no flexing just tensing), Fitness, Bikini.... or work up the FBB level?

What do you think about arriving on the scene today, and instead of being sensationally muscular and in the league of the top gals, finding your naturally muscular physique struggling against Figure gals? Would you use todays expertise and go for a national level physique?

Forgot to mention, 50% of my data is restored so far, thanks to the Cloud. Kira Neuman is being restored, as I write! ( being an A, you were  restored a couple of days ago, Alison!).
I've taken OdoHerr's advice, and bought a new back up hard drive for local use, the store guy says the one I've chosen is likely to last twice as long!

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #426 on: June 21, 2014, 12:48:25 am »
How many weeks of training and diet would it take for you to get in this condition, Alison. It's a great pic.
About 3 months of eating nothing but 3 cans of tuna a day......3 days on and one day I ate salad ( the off day)...    So 3 and 1...repeat over and over for 3 months. It's starvation basically getting the essential amino acids by protein powder and the tuna.  Uphill running in sweats.  Surfing daily.  Daily lifting for a couple of hours. The leaner I got the more determined I got and my husband can attest to my becoming very irritable.   I worked 8 hour might shifts.  Limited sleep.  Crazy...esp as old as  I was.

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #427 on: June 21, 2014, 01:00:54 am »
Talking to FBB's over the years, Alison, I understand how society makes women with muscle feel out of place (when I say understand, I mean, the fact, rather than what you muscle girls actually go through. I used to wear specs to school, and the 4 eyes taunts etc, are the nearest I'll get to understanding, but I could take the specs off for a while!).

I imagine that this forum is different to "closed shop" bodybuilding forums where the members are mainly bodybuilders "in it together", as this forum contains bodybuilders and fans, and no one shouting you down as a "Schmoe" if you dare mention you think femuscle is attractive, as sometimes happens on the bodybuilding forums. So, great to hear we do offer support and escape from the jealous folk out there in the big world!

A Facebook friend who is an FBB here in the UK has had a rough time this week in the Tesco's check out queue, some guy shouting over ( but not addressing her directly) "Is that a woman, her arms are bigger than a bloke's" or something to that effect. As she is preparing for a competition, that has knocked her down a bit. So I have sent a message of support to her, and it actually helps that she knows I'm not a muscle guy, this is a member of the "public" who thinks she is great.

All FBB fans should be supportive. We know the FBB does it for themselves, but I point out that they do it for us as well! A bit like football, not everyone can or wants to play, but that should not stop fans being interested.

Thanks for the pic Alison.

If you were just starting out today, do you think you would be tempted to aim for Physique contests (flexing!) Figure (no flexing just tensing), Fitness, Bikini.... or work up the FBB level?

What do you think about arriving on the scene today, and instead of being sensationally muscular and in the league of the top gals, finding your naturally muscular physique struggling against Figure gals? Would you use todays expertise and go for a national level physique?

Forgot to mention, 50% of my data is restored so far, thanks to the Cloud. Kira Neuman is being restored, as I write! ( being an A, you were  restored a couple of days ago, Alison!).
I've taken OdoHerr's advice, and bought a new back up hard drive for local use, the store guy says the one I've chosen is likely to last twice as long!

OK I'm about a week away from a contest and nasty as a snake.   Starving.  It's mid-day and I have already worked 8 hours at night as a nurse.  Now I'm running uphill in my sweats and some guys pull u p in a car  and thrust themselves halfway out of it and yell:  "Hey how does it feel to be a freak?"   Wow...I swear.  YET there was this other faction.  In Hawaii the locals love a local winner...the Hawaiians were my cheerleaders.  The local cops especially.  They would bring old banged up stop sign posts to the hospital ER where I worked at night so I could make gym equipment out of it.  Or they would invite me to the police gym to work out with them.   There were more of those types than the ones int he car calling me a freak

On what contest would I do today?  Boy that's tough.   I'd not stand a chance in the FBB division as a natural.  I guess physique.    I can't imagine doing figure... that butt pose alone always gets me.....along with the bejeweled bra tops........(laughing)

Glad your ladies are coming out of the cloud that took them away.  Yes OdoHerr is "the man".......follow his advice.  We are fortunate to have him among us here.  .

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #428 on: June 21, 2014, 08:55:53 pm »
You mentioned being irritable with the dieting but was there ever a time in training for a contest that when you felt great physical discomfort?
The leaner I got the more (seemingly more) energy I had.  Almost robot-like...driven.   I did get to sort of seeing stars out in the surf after being too lean for a time.   No real physical discomfort.   Eh...the usual sore muscle or two...but you get used to that

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #429 on: June 21, 2014, 09:04:08 pm »
A  story..... I bought this bathing suit for over $50 which for me then was a small fortune.   One big day out in the Hawaiian surf I fell off my surfboard in a fairly critical spot and got flushed all the way to the bottom and got the ass end of my suit caught on the reef.  Now rather than just rip this expensive suit to shreds I held myself down there holding on to the coral reel while I carefully unhooked my suit while another wave or two came crashing in.   Saved the suit...almost drowned.  This was the spot and on a wave kinda like this......

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #430 on: June 22, 2014, 07:52:46 am »
A  story..... I bought this bathing suit for over $50 which for me then was a small fortune.   One big day out in the Hawaiian surf I fell off my surfboard in a fairly critical spot and got flushed all the way to the bottom and got the ass end of my suit caught on the reef.  Now rather than just rip this expensive suit to shreds I held myself down there holding on to the coral reel while I carefully unhooked my suit while another wave or two came crashing in.   Saved the suit...almost drowned.  This was the spot and on a wave kinda like this......

It is tha maddest of instincts we humans have! Your life or waste $50 on a new suit. I suppose it's an instinctive thing to protect, your suit was your baby, to be protected from harm at all costs. At the time, there is no opportunity to consider the implications, but afterwards, there is time to ponder over the madness of the decision. Yet, in the end, you saved the suit and your life, so the result was in fact the correct one! Funny old world.

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #431 on: June 30, 2014, 12:59:46 am »
Well I sort of thought with the twin trials of training and diet that women in particular would feel like they had gone through a few rounds with a heavyweight boxer.
Yup !

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #432 on: June 30, 2014, 01:05:25 am »
Timmon

Well I think I was more a water person than anything.....still am.   I'm cheap what can I say...$50 was a ton of money for me then.  I used to make my own bathing suits  to save money.
I was fortunate to have the muscle to hold me down there frankly.   Never gave much thought to the drowning factor...I mean all I  had to do was to let go....let er rip , ya know?
Did all your girls come back to you  out of the cloud?

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #433 on: July 04, 2014, 07:58:04 am »
Hi Alison, yes all" my girls" ( I wish!) came back! That includes you, by the way!
 Took over a week, but all is restored. Now have more local back up.... replaced the faulty external HDD with a brand new internal 2TB HDD, a 2 TBB external HDD as well just for file backups, and in case I have a local fire or theft, the cloud will be there as my fall back again. That's how valuable femuscle over the ages is to us fans! With the whole of Saradas community here as well, records of you ladies will never be lost....

I think the age of making things to save money is coming back. Unfortunately, times have a changed, and the world is an even more manically busy place. People don't have time to do the nice things in life, and cheap imports from sweat shops in the East have made us devalue the value of clothes and the like. So I bet those bathing suits you made are more valuable than the $50 suit, however much you loved it and risked your life to save it! But more people are starting to make things again, driven by the economic climate largely, and I think that will help folk value what they have once more.

One of the reasons I gave up my corporate life to become self employes is the satisfaction of making things yourself, and being able to take a picture of what you did each day. Miss the salary though, and can't get the work life balance right, being self employed.

Your heathly life seems ideal to me, but I don't always envy your adventures, you go through a lot of pain on the way!
You would have liked the surf we had here in the UK last winter, surfers from all over the world came to Cornwall to enjoy the constant big waves we had as storm after storm rattled in. Bit chilly though!

From Cello to Bag pipes....
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/vavhgkdkqyxe6nl/unnamed.mp4

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #434 on: July 07, 2014, 06:08:38 pm »
Great Timmon...glad the gals are back and you have them now protected.  OdoHerr would be proud !
Well we're back on the coast surfing once again.  Got some good ones and will post the pics when we get back.  We're blessed to have a friend here who gets out in a boat and takes surf pics with his Cannon super lens and sells the pics for a song.  Great memories !....the body parts do stop moving eventually (...or so I hear).   Precious moments to remember.
On self employment....well with that you know when it's time to close shop and enjoy life...right?
On surf there in cold cold England....nope...I'm too old for all the wet suit required  so as not to freeze to death.
Good to hear form you !
A

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Alison Brundage

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View