Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
Advertising parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572424 Posts in 72084 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: ezbrbtv March 28, 2024, 11:37:36 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Deanna Panting
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Deanna Panting  (Read 69680 times)

Offline zarkpch

• Activity:
    0%
Deanna Panting
« on: October 28, 2008, 06:45:14 am »

I Saradas 

FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Forum Saradas

Deanna Panting
« on: October 28, 2008, 06:45:14 am »

Offline zarkpch

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Deanna Panting
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 06:45:36 am »

I Saradas 

FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

kbdada

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 05:23:05 pm »
Here's a few that I can add.  She's one of my favs, but there's not much out there on her.

Offline Bobt

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 12:50:40 am »
Good posts Timmon and kbdada. A karma for both of you.

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.
Aristotle

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 09:40:07 am »
More Deanna to get you Panting....

kbdada

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 05:09:35 am »

kb

racerx009

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 03:24:30 am »
This was posted by Deanna over at Iron Age about a year ago:

I will apologize in advance if I am repeating anything from any previous posts...

I didn't spend a lot of time in LA but I spent some and it was a huge eye opener for a 20 year old from  Canada. I went there thinking it would kind of be like in "Pumping Iron"...some kind of camraderie would be formed & I would train & make friends...HA! Almost hard to write those nieve words now!

I did some photo sessions when there at Gold's in Venice & I remember being so nervous and scattered the day of the shoot for my leg workout for M&F that I forgot my shoes (I was wearing sandals with my street clothes) so that article had me barefoot...something I NEVER did but made me laugh when I saw the pictures...what an idiot I thought! You know, I don`t even have that issue with my article....

The biggest thing that really struck me &, to be honest, shocked the hell out of me, was that there were people so wanting desperately for the chances I was being given that they would have been quite happy if I dropped dead.........I'm serious.
I would be training in the gym & have some big gronk of a guy come up to me & say "my girlfriend is going to kick your a**" !!!!!! Unbelievable!! There I would be, minding my own business & some idiot would say something to me like that. I recieved many violent threats as well. It happened more times than I care to count too.
I was dumbfounded........so much for training & going to the beach & making friends!

As I had said in previous posts, at that time I was trying to get away from a pretty nasty boyfriend but it was more like the "from frying pan into the fire". I was very shy...painfully shy. And regardless of what I looked like, I was 20 years old, had only been BBing for 2 and a half years so I was really very green about everything....the sport, the world & human nature.
There were a lot of vultures around as well who wanted to ride your proverbial coat tails (with women`s BBing really at it`s peak there was a lot of attention & mainstream media wanting to be part of it) but were not interested in your well being. You could usually pick them out at the gym.
I was seeing people chewed up & spit out & still clammouring to get back "in" ...to the spot light...the magazines....it seemed like pure insanity to me. We`ve all seen interviews with these kinds of people.
Being the 80`s in LA I am sure didn`t help! You can imagine how it scared the hell out of me. I am sure it would have been different if I had someone with me to rely on but I was very much alone.

I have said often that I am happy I didn`t take some of the dark paths I was offered back then or my life may have turned out much differently (& not in a good way)
I could relay more of these kinds of incidents but I don`t want to, this illistrates some of the contempt I faced so I'll leave it there. I am sorry to not have more positive experience there, there were some but the bad outweighed the good by a mile, unfortunately.

You know, stuff like that continued even when I got back home to Winnipeg? Phone calls, letters (this was before internet or I dare say it would have been easier for these people to get ahold of me). All kinds of threats.
There would even be people showing up at the gym I trained at asking if I worked out there & what time I would be there so they could come back! Luckily I had some people by then who formed a protective circle around me & would not tell anyone when I was there, what my unlisted phone number was, where I lived, etc....kinda crazy when I have to write this out but it's true. Again, as I stated before, I didn't look back at BBing for over 20 years because of some of this...

Sorry, but this was my experience there....it wasn't good. I really find it hard to weed through the bad to find some of the good stories from that time in my BBing, I have posted some great ones here on this site & am truly thankful for IA [Iron Age] to have reminded me of the good ones...my amateur competing the year before (`84) had some of the highlights of my life! Mark Saranchuk & I have written about some of that here but those were various parts of the world...not LA or Gold`s.

I like to think the true IA time in LA was different...I don`t know if it was  but I`d like to think so.

Deanna

Offline bwazoo_2000

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 10:13:30 pm »
OdoHerr, much karma to you, my man! Deanna was one of my "dream girls" back then...so sorry to hear her experiences were so unpleasant, but rest assured guys like us appreciated what she did!

roka

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 02:43:24 am »
This is the woman that made me a follower of the sport.     I'm not sure what it is about her, but there is something very genuine.   In the early shots, there  are no fancy hairstyles, silly stuck-on breasts, gaunt faces, or exotic poses or backgrounds -- she's just looked like a sweet, extraordinarily well put together girl at the gym who happened to be posing for some snaps.   To me, she looks like a girl you'd want to get to know, and not just in *that* way.

OK.  Maybe it's nostalgia.  I was in school when I first saw her photos, and impressionable.  The photos bring back memories of that time in my life. 

I followed one of the links above and was rewarded by a multi-year Q&A with Deanna.  Not only did she have a lovely and real form back then, but she clearly has a keen intellect and great perspective on life.  I encourage you to read the posts.   She really takes the time to answer the mostly one-line questions put to her.  All of her answers are complete and thoughtful.  You'll be impressed, if nothing else than by the effort she makes to set out cogent, nuanced answers to (often) obvious questions.   I always wondered what sort of a person she was.  Quite a bit comes through in the posts.

I was also rewarded with some rare shots, apparently from her collection.  I don't know if these have been seen before (probably, but they were new to me).   It was certainly worth following the link!

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

-- roka

racerx009

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 01:34:02 am »
Great post Roka. Deanna is the real deal and I agree with you about how thoughtful and engaging she comes across in her posts on the Iron Age forum. I've been an admirer of hers from the very start and it's a shame that her terrible early experiences ended her promising career prematurely. As was noted above she has explored this phase of her life in some detail on the forum linked above. It's worth a look.

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    26.67%
    • HerFlex Muscle Stories and art
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 04:53:18 am »

Major scan from a recently purchased 1986 Muscular Development...

Awesome stuff!!!   ENJOY!  ;D ;D ;D 

Please support me at: www.patreon.com/herflex

Offline Ramy

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 01:46:13 pm »
I know I'm a lurker,but still.....
It just ....there are no words that could describe
how thankful I'm -and anyone who appreciates fbb's or muscular woman in general- for
reminding me of some great times that made me fall in love in the first place , and I wish  if
I had some karma to give but....thanks anyway.
User is currently banned [View]

Offline Old Surehand

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 02:52:33 pm »
I know I'm a lurker,but still.....
It just ....there are no words that could describe
how thankful I'm -and anyone who appreciates fbb's or muscular woman in general- for
reminding me of some great times that made me fall in love in the first place , and I wish  if
I had some karma to give but....thanks anyway.

You can give karma for any post you want. Just hit the applaud button under their name. You can give a fellow member a karma once an hour.

Offline Ramy

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 06:02:51 pm »
You can give karma for any post you want. Just hit the applaud button under their name. You can give a fellow member a karma once an hour.
thanks for the tip, but it's not like OdoHerr needs more karma...
karma given anyway.
User is currently banned [View]

dastex1971

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 08:08:27 am »
Thank you so much! This is the woman that made me fall in live with fbbing. She was and still is drop dead stunning. I'd put that body up on stage with any physigue girl now and shed blow them out of the water.
I still remember waiting at the mailbox to get my copy of WPP before my parents came home. She was on the cover and boy it was love at first sight.
All kinds of karma

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Deanna Panting

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View