Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
parapharma

gfx gfx
steroidify Advertising
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
580617 Posts in 74110 Topics by 29413 Members - Latest Member: pedromctf16 May 19, 2024, 07:11:30 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  Polls about female body builders or fitness stars  |  Physique VS Bodybuilding
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Physique VS Bodybuilding  (Read 4597 times)

Offline RobMash

• Activity:
    0%
Physique VS Bodybuilding
« on: March 02, 2012, 12:13:55 am »
In he last period severals excellent female bodybuilders passing to physique category. What's your opinion about this new category?
I Saradas

Forum Saradas

Physique VS Bodybuilding
« on: March 02, 2012, 12:13:55 am »

UK_Fan

Re: Physique VS Bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 10:09:42 am »
IMHO its really a way by the top bureaucrats at the IFBB & Co. to snuff out women's bodybuilding!  There's just too many categories now - a sort of "never mind the quality, feel the width" scenario - the crop of athletes are spread too thinly, and that the new "Physique" category is just for female bodybuilders who wan to be one weight category down/less ripped, but without being penalised.  Its a bit like saying there should be another 100m athletic race at the Olympics for athletes who aren't quite as quick as the top ones (figure vs FBB is different - the "look" is quite defined, whereas the new "Physique" category doesn't appear to be).

Don't get me wrong - many of them look really attractive, and it may suit some women (Katka Kyptova being the best example - she was never really big enough to win a pro FBB show, and probably pushed her body too far [detrimental effects started to show] - much better now), but the IFBB et al should've changed the existing weight categories and judging criteria in FBB to suit.  Maybe having decent awards for "Most Muscular", "Best poser" and "Most feminine" perhaps?

Offline RobMash

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 02:04:49 pm »
IMHO its really a way by the top bureaucrats at the IFBB & Co. to snuff out women's bodybuilding!  There's just too many categories now - a sort of "never mind the quality, feel the width" scenario - the crop of athletes are spread too thinly, and that the new "Physique" category is just for female bodybuilders who wan to be one weight category down/less ripped, but without being penalised.  Its a bit like saying there should be another 100m athletic race at the Olympics for athletes who aren't quite as quick as the top ones (figure vs FBB is different - the "look" is quite defined, whereas the new "Physique" category doesn't appear to be).

Don't get me wrong - many of them look really attractive, and it may suit some women (Katka Kyptova being the best example - she was never really big enough to win a pro FBB show, and probably pushed her body too far [detrimental effects started to show] - much better now), but the IFBB et al should've changed the existing weight categories and judging criteria in FBB to suit.  Maybe having decent awards for "Most Muscular", "Best poser" and "Most feminine" perhaps?

I'm totally agree with you!

The bodybuilding category it's the most ancient and the most spectacular category in female bodybuilding. Not deserve this treatment! I think that IFBB don't understand all the value and the potential of this category and they are trying to snuff it with new category much less interesting as Physique cat. Furthermore they are breaking up the parameters that are always marked this sport like the definition or muscular tone.
For example on Physique category the abs are completely misted, the definition is really down. Maybe I'm rough but IMO this category is for loser. It's for athletes are not be able to develop a good defiinition or a good shape. I find physique athlete less value  than fitness/figure athlete too.

I Saradas

UK_Fan

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 08:31:56 pm »
I can see why some are attracted to the "Physique" "Division" (even that word has negative connotations - "divide & conquer") - almost all athletes who aren't heavyweights don't get a look in when competing as pros (not quite as bad for the Overall titles at amateur level) - definitely biased towards the 5' 5" - 5' 8"/140 - 160lbs range of competitors. Weirdly enough, competitors taller than 5' 8" (whatever their weight, even if in proportion to the height, e.g. Lora Ottenad or Lesa Lewis) often get overlooked as well, possibly as being seen as "too big", which is utter drivel.

Occasionally the judges give a title to a smaller FBB as a sop to us "moaning minnies" (e.g. Juliette Bergmann's Ms. O overall win on her "comeback" in 2001).  Sadly, too often does politics and personality clashes within the sport pre-determines who wins and who doesn't - sometimes I'm surprised that the judges don't get lynched.  If only they could judge in a dispassionate, reasonable and consistent way, we'd all be a lot happier.

:P

Forum Saradas  |  News and Discussion  |  Polls about female body builders or fitness stars  |  Physique VS Bodybuilding

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View