Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
parapharma

gfx gfx
steroidify Advertising
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572490 Posts in 72088 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: ezbrbtv March 28, 2024, 02:44:01 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  Photo manipulation in the bodybuilding industry
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Photo manipulation in the bodybuilding industry  (Read 4533 times)

femcepsfan

Photo manipulation in the bodybuilding industry
« on: February 23, 2017, 12:02:55 pm »
This vid of bios3training on youtube brings up what I have been thinking about quite often:

He addresses particularly male athletes in this clip, but I highly assume that this is also the case with females:

Offline autechre

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Photo manipulation in the bodybuilding industry
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 08:30:17 pm »
might want to include a link to the actual video ;)
Use jDownloader to grab my links - it's free!

femcepsfan

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 03:23:16 pm »
might want to include a link to the actual video ;)

As far as I know, unless youtube-links are not posted in the "Flash Muscle & Fitness Videos - Auctions & Gossip"-section of this forum, they will get deleted very soon.

Just copy paste:

bios3training My View on Devin Physique!

on youtube  ;)

femcepsfan

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 03:44:35 pm »
Here we have a very obvious example for a manipulated photo. One forum member mentioned that this also could have been done with a "fish eye" camera lense. I am not sure about this since the manipulation occurs as far as I can see it only in the  bottom right corner, but I think there are certainly analogue ways to achieve the desired results without using software.

There are photo apps for editing pictures specifically on Inst@gram to make manipulations even handier, but I don't speak from experience.

Offline M7

• Activity:
    0%
  • never too big for me
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 02:35:06 am »
I really hate all the "touching up" to pictures that has become all to common now. Making the muscles look more defined than they actually are, blurring the skin to cover imperfections, etc. Personally, I want to see the imperfections. I understand why people do it, but I don't like it. And yes, I do see the irony in this coming from someone who likes to morph pictures! That's one reason why I've always put a logo on my morphs. I'm not trying to fool anyone.

Offline oriander2000

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 03:18:05 am »
Sorry for being repetitive, since I already mentioned this in other threads, but head shrinking is a very common practice, rampaging in publications and studio pics: it makes the model look much taller, and by comparison, her whole body (and muscles) look bigger. Many female muscle athletes are short, and appear like amazons.

Regarding your issue with blurring, M7, not only I agree, but I'll quote another member: "Some methods of muscle building and HD pictures don't get along".
User is currently banned [View]

femcepsfan

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 09:50:15 pm »
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think using fake weights is also a form of manipulating photo and video material.

Damn, there seems to exist a whole business branch dedicated to bullshitting people in the fitness industry: 

http://www.fakeweights.com

Well I don't claim to know the truth, but when I see for example 5'2 tall "Inst@gram-girls with let's say 130 pounds body weight, quite muscular but with relatively low body fat percentage, benching 220 pounds for 6 reps like nothing, something seems a bit fishy to me.

Offline oriander2000

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 04:19:23 pm »
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think using fake weights is also a form of manipulating photo and video material.

Damn, there seems to exist a whole business branch dedicated to bullshitting people in the fitness industry: 

Well I don't claim to know the truth, but when I see for example 5'2 tall "Inst@gram-girls with let's say 130 pounds body weight, quite muscular but with relatively low body fat percentage, benching 220 pounds for 6 reps like nothing, something seems a bit fishy to me.

I wouldn't call it "manipulation"...it's a visual trick, of course, but the photo remains untouched. Otherwise, even the slightest color correction  would be perceived as "fooling the public".
If that's the case, same could be said about taking pictures from below, to make the women appear much taller than they really are. What I always find funny is when they take "candids" in their homes and, by comparing them with surrounding objects, you can deduct how short many of them are (f.e., I remember seeing one whose pecs were almost at the same level of the door handle).

femcepsfan

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 09:25:04 pm »

I wouldn't call it "manipulation"...it's a visual trick, of course, but the photo remains untouched. Otherwise, even the slightest color correction  would be perceived as "fooling the public".
If that's the case, same could be said about taking pictures from below, to make the women appear much taller than they really are. What I always find funny is when they take "candids" in their homes and, by comparing them with surrounding objects, you can deduct how short many of them are (f.e., I remember seeing one whose pecs were almost at the same level of the door handle).

Haha, could you post the pic of the "door handle pecs" please? :)

Offline oriander2000

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 02:22:14 am »
I can't remember the athlete's name, so I cannot even search her...but anyway, I consider this thread not exactly fit to post examples, as any other that criticises visuals...may offend some fans.

But you don't have to do an extensive search to find examples...Jodi Boam has said on her IG something like: "I know I look huge on stage pics, but I'm actually pretty tiny!".

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  Photo manipulation in the bodybuilding industry

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View