Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
parapharma

gfx gfx
steroidify Advertising
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
577688 Posts in 73532 Topics by 28908 Members - Latest Member: adamtheking1 May 01, 2024, 06:16:58 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Muscle & Fitness Videos - Auctions & Gossip  |  Female Bodybuilding Contest Videos  |  1982 Ms Olympia
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1982 Ms Olympia  (Read 11258 times)

Offline wildfist

• Activity:
    0%
  • You can't stop me
1982 Ms Olympia
« on: September 05, 2011, 04:58:10 pm »

Duration: 00:54:44
Resolution: 640 x 480
File type: .avi

Contest Results
1st   Rachel McLish
2nd   Carla Dunlap
3rd   Kike Elomaa
4th   Lynn Conkwright
5th   Deborah Diana
6th   Laura Combes
7th   Candy Csencsits
8th   Kay Baxter
9th   Lisser Frost-Larsen
10th   Sherry Atton
11th   Georgia Fudge
12th   Shelly Gruwell
13th   Corinne Machado-Ching
14th   Carolyn Cheshire
15th   Marie Frances Misat
16th   Jacquueline Roos

Forum Saradas

1982 Ms Olympia
« on: September 05, 2011, 04:58:10 pm »

phy911

Re: Ms. Olympia 1982
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 07:27:11 am »
Wildfist you are awesome!

To many of us this logo was the symbol of hot chicks and for young boys potential contraband. The kids who had access to playboy magazines had major street credit. The iconic symbol of the magazine can be recognized by almost anyone.

But then you see this. On stage in front of the playboy logo are bunch of girls that could f*ck Hugh Hefner in half. They are greased up and in bikinis which doesn't make a lot of sense because the girls in playboy are typically naked. WTF

So as a young boy what do you think?
These women are in some sort of muscle beauty contest that appears to be sponsored by Playboy. Wolf whistles and the roar of cheers comes from the crowd as they flex.

Playboy + the crowd response= these girls must be hot?
Girls + flexing muscles= sexy?

I do wonder if the schmoe fetish is nature or nurture. Is there a gene that makes us like muscular woman or is it something we are exposed to. I would have been 7 years old in 1982 and potentially could have seen this on a TV.

My heroes of the time were the "Lone Ranger" and "Tarzan". Lone Ranger had guns with silver bullets, a kick ass horse, a mask, and Indian sidekick. Tarzan on the other hand had animal companions but mostly relied on his strength. Tarzan was played by Ron Ely and he was a tough dude. But when you take his physique and compare it to Laura Combes he looks like a wimp. It looks like she could crush him with her muscles like an Anaconda. He was a fictional character yet this woman was real.

What kind of psychological impact does seeing your hero out muscled by girls have on young boy?

Offline kj30

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Ms. Olympia 1982
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 09:50:40 am »
K+ to Wildfist...as usual :). And K+ to Streetfighter for the editorial...peaked my "under the influence" desire to write this early morning...

Like Streetfighter 's analogy I was actually 7 when for the 1982 show :).

I agree there may be a genetic element as proposed...but if so maybe coupled with each guy's path/environment. For me, quality magazines/photos/visual stimulus of half naked women were far more available to me in the form of bodybuilding women than playboys/penthouses etc (I could never find my Dad's stash...if he even had them..and I was too young to buy them). But I could buy the musclemags. So for me I was struck early with the connection that half naked chicks with muscle were "normal". And, it didn't take long before you could look under my bed and instead of playboys find a stack of musclemags with coverage of the women's main events ;).

Taking that a step further....maybe there is a gene that makes us appreciate muscle in general and that can interact downstream with genes that appreciate symmetry/shape? I mean I did a lot of sports (wrestling, baseball, etc.) and lifting was essential. I needed to have muscle to perform and most guys I know also wanted to be huge and kick ass. But frankly, I never wanted to be a Arnold or Lee Haney just strong enough to kick ass when I needed to...I didn't want their impressive bulk...but I sure wanted to be with a Cory or Lenda or Laura Crevalle. So somehow the extent of muscle desired for myself and would-be-girlfriends was actually not that dissimilar...shape/symmetry was as important as size.

Final thought (yes still rambling)...I know some guys like to be more muscular than their gals (feel more in control physically)...some guys want to be smaller and overwhelmed by muscular gals (feel less in control physically)...and others are in between this range. Here again there are probably genetic and environmental factors involved in where you fall on that scale. In the early 80s...I think most of the world was further to one extreme (the former) and the other extreme was considered a fetish. But now I think much more of that middle ground is being accepted...I know that my own gal (former short distance college sprinter) can kick my ass in leg workout and has bigger stronger legs while I still have an advantage in upper body stuff (maybe a familiar story to some of you) and I think that is perfectly normal and beautiful and I think I'd be totally cool if she got bigger than me in the upper body too... so that acceptance of muscular girls at an early age made it totally acceptable in my mind for gals to be more muscular or ripped than some of my male role models (to finally get at Streetfighters question)... look what that 1982 show did to my perceptions :P

Gotta stop with the pain killers...the brain turns to mush sometimes... -Kj
Karma appreciated.
---------------------------------------------
"I'm not going out like a punk!"

orinoko44

Re: 1982 Ms. Olympia
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:41:51 pm »

Offline adambright777

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 12:39:26 pm »
These 80's Ms. O's are such a blast.  Thanks!
User is currently banned [View]

Offline Sweddd1234

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 10:51:15 am »
Thanks for the scans, 80's women shows were electric back then, just as popular as the men shows.

Offline benson

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    10%
Re: 1982 Ms Olympia
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 07:31:58 pm »
Are there any videos of the 1981 or 1983 Ms Olympia?  I have never seen videos even available for sale

Offline peakfan

• Activity:
    83.33%
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2024, 07:19:12 pm »
@benson  For 1981, check this thread:  https://saradas.org/index.php?topic=1047563.0

Offline peakfan

• Activity:
    83.33%
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2024, 07:53:20 pm »

Offline peakfan

• Activity:
    83.33%
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2024, 08:18:46 pm »
Meant to post this along with the video, here's the DVD cover:

Can anyone identify the woman at the bottom-right?

Offline Old Surehand

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2024, 08:52:02 pm »
Meant to post this along with the video, here's the DVD cover:

Can anyone identify the woman at the bottom-right?

Kike Elomaa

Offline guydok18

• Gold Member VIP
  • New
  • Activity:
    60%
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2024, 12:21:29 am »
 8)

Offline peakfan

• Activity:
    83.33%
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2024, 02:15:57 am »
Kike Elomaa

Ah, thanks!  Her routine is around 19:40 in the video.  I didn't think it was her at first because of the different bikini style- maybe that shot was taken during a prejudging round or something when she was wearing another top?

Offline vash1980

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2024, 05:32:13 am »
 :thanks:

Forum Saradas  |  Muscle & Fitness Videos - Auctions & Gossip  |  Female Bodybuilding Contest Videos  |  1982 Ms Olympia

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View