Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
parapharma Advertising
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572415 Posts in 72083 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: ezbrbtv March 28, 2024, 10:40:43 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Joanne McCartney
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Joanne McCartney  (Read 110213 times)

valentino

Re: Joanne McCartney - Updated
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2013, 09:38:52 am »

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    26.67%
    • HerFlex Muscle Stories and art
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 02:24:24 am »
Another find and scan....  :)

:)
Please support me at: www.patreon.com/herflex

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    26.67%
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 11:27:26 pm »

Some Screen caps....

:)

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    26.67%
Re: Joanne McCartney
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 04:37:07 am »
Another good find....enjoy:)

sanson

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 12:57:26 pm »

Offline Sar-Net

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 06:41:21 am »
First post in this topic updated with a bit of info on Joanne but need stats if anyone knows of a good stats page on Joanne post it up and I'll update the info.

Offline legeek

• Activity:
    0%
  • Fan of Athletic Women
Joanne McCartney
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2015, 02:46:00 am »
Here are some more photos of Joanne M for old times sake.

Offline polyglot

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 07:53:25 pm »
FBB was booming in those days.  At the contest in Florida referred to above there were over 100 women entered and the judges did not know how to judge them within a reasonable time.  So arbitrarily, Jim Manion handed out sheets to each judge and told them to pick their top 15 (or maybe 20) in each class.  They amalgamated the judges picks down to 15 and  many excellent competitors were eliminated from further consideration.  The bias in this procedure was that some judges had seen certain competitors before and selected them.

So JM did not make the cut.  Steve Wennerstrom pointed her out to me and he and I spoke with her at length.  I made arrangements to photograph her the following day.  I noticed an unused bar in the hotel and we had her in a tight skirt and heels - until an early version of a flash mob materialized.  I just melted away, leaving her to soak up the admiration of others.

Her husband was a firefighter and I recall him commenting that when she got cut up for a show, he was grossed out by her legs when she walked around in a nightie.  Each to his own.

She was an immigrant and worked as a nanny, or childcare worker.  She was a slight, entrancing accent.

Later I  heard that she had joined some sort of local wrestling promotion.  I wonder if any videos of that promotion still exist?

Offline Kiba27Ken

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 03:46:55 pm »
It would've been awesome to see a wrestling vid of Joanne vs. Chalene Rink.

fredzeppelin

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 04:47:51 pm »
In addition to everyhting else...she had a pretty impressive mullet!

Offline Karharot

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 05:28:44 am »
Going To The Mat Joanne Mccartney Is Pinning Down A Career In Wrestling.
September 21, 1990|By JORGE MILIAN, Staff Writer

Lisa Handzel and Joanne McCartney have gotten into two knock `em down, drag `em out fights in the past two weeks.

Each time Handzel has gotten the worst of it. Last week for example, McCartney picked Handzel up twice and body slammed her. Then she put Handzel in a full nelson until she screamed in agony and begged McCartney to stop.

But Handzel doesn`t seem to know when to quit. As the two were being seperated Saturday, Handzel was hurling epithets and threats McCartney`s way.

A third fight, and probably a fourth, fifth and sixth, appear imminent. Such is the world of professional wrestling.

-- Joanne McCartney, an Oakland Park bodybuilder and part-time housekeeper, never wanted to become a professional wrestler and fight with foes such as Lisa Handzel. It was only because of the incessant nagging of her husband, Gary, that she became involved in the business three months ago.

Gary, a Broward County fireman, is a wrestling fanatic. He knows all the holds and all the wrestlers` names.

Joanne couldn`t have cared less. She couldn`t have told you the difference between Hulk Hogan and Hogan`s Heroes before entering the ring for the first time two weeks ago.

Things began to change last June when the organizers of a group called Major League Wrestling approached McCartney about promoting the fledging outfit. MLW president Howard Brody was hoping to cash in on McCartney`s popularity as one of the top names in women`s bodybuilding.

The subject of McCartney actually wrestling was never broached.

``But I figured, with Joanne`s body type, she`d be a great wrestler,`` Gary McCartney said.

Joanne wasn`t quite as sure. At first, she rejected her husband`s prodding. Then she gave in. But just a little.

``I told Gary that I would try it for just one week,`` said McCartney, 31.

Three months and two matches later, McCartney is still a pro wrestler. And there are some people in the business who think McCartney will be to women`s wrestling what Hulk Hogan is to the men.

``She has everything going for her,`` said Rusty Brooks, who trains McCartney at Pro Wrestling Academy in Hallandale. ``She has a great physique and her looks could make her a lot of money. Plus she`s five to six times stronger than her opponents.``

McCartney is so strong that Brooks has her practicing her moves with male wrestlers.

``We have her working out with the junior heavyweights, guys in the 220-pound range,`` Brooks said. ``She handles herself pretty well, too.``

McCartney is 5 feet 7 and weighs a muscle-sculpted 165 pounds. Most of the men she trains with don`t have McCartney`s physical presence.

``She`s so dominating it`s funny,`` Gary McCartney said.

McCartney`s strength has come from six years of weight training that have made her one of the country`s top women bodybuilders. She`s won various titles, including Ms. North America in 1987, but McCartney said she tired of the political battles and low earnings asssociated with bodybuilding.

``I never had any interest in wrestling,`` said McCartney who lives in Oakland Park. ``Rusty (Brooks) would name a wrestler during practice and I had no idea who it was. But I`m willing to give this a shot. Some people seem to think I have a good future in it.``

Brody, the president of MLW, figures it will take McCartney another six months to refine her techniques. He already has McCartney scheduled for a couple of television appearances in the coming months and thinks she could bring the MLW, which solely features women`s wrestling, to the heights the World Wrestling Federation has reached.

``Her potential in this business is phenomenal,`` said Brody, who has had McCartney on wrestling cards at Brothers 3 in Pompano Beach and at the Pompano Beach Civic Center. ``In another year, she could be a household name in wrestling.``

What name she goes by will be decided by McCartney in the near future. She might keep her given name or pick another to give her wrestling persona more flair.

Then there is the decision of being a ``good guy`` or a ``bad guy.`` Through her first two matches, McCartney has been the good guy.

``I like being a good guy because people in the audience like you,`` said McCartney, who was born in Manchester, England. ``But I could easily be the bad guy. They have more fun. They get to cheat.``

For now Handzel will play that role against McCartney. McCartney claims Handzel is a ``mild and meek insurance adjuster and just a regular girl.`` You might have a hard time believing that watching Handzel yelling and screaming at McCartney inside the ring.

But it doesn`t appear Handzel will beat McCartney anytime soon. McCartney is the MLW`s golden girl and her role is to win.

``I go in and just clean house,`` McCartney said.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1990-09-21/news/9002150338_1_joanne-mccartney-hulk-hogan-male-wrestlers
I Saradas

Unicron

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2016, 01:52:10 am »
FBB was booming in those days.  At the contest in Florida referred to above there were over 100 women entered and the judges did not know how to judge them within a reasonable time.  So arbitrarily, Jim Manion handed out sheets to each judge and told them to pick their top 15 (or maybe 20) in each class.  They amalgamated the judges picks down to 15 and  many excellent competitors were eliminated from further consideration.  The bias in this procedure was that some judges had seen certain competitors before and selected them.

So JM did not make the cut.  Steve Wennerstrom pointed her out to me and he and I spoke with her at length.  I made arrangements to photograph her the following day.  I noticed an unused bar in the hotel and we had her in a tight skirt and heels - until an early version of a flash mob materialized.  I just melted away, leaving her to soak up the admiration of others.

Her husband was a firefighter and I recall him commenting that when she got cut up for a show, he was grossed out by her legs when she walked around in a nightie.  Each to his own.

She was an immigrant and worked as a nanny, or childcare worker.  She was a slight, entrancing accent.

Later I  heard that she had joined some sort of local wrestling promotion.  I wonder if any videos of that promotion still exist?

Insightful story. Thanks! Interesting that her husband found her most prominent feature to be unattractive.

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    26.67%
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 03:01:38 pm »

Serious MUSCLE!!!!!

lvorma

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2016, 08:14:41 pm »

Offline Female Bodybuilding

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Rock Hard Muscles
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2020, 09:48:14 pm »

-

Joanne McCartney

North American Championships - IFBB, Overall Winner
North American Championships - IFBB, HeavyWeight, 1st
USA Championships - NPC, HeavyWeight, 3rd

Ms International - IFBB, 8th
World Pro Championships - IFBB, 15th

Ms International - IFBB, 3rd
World Pro Championships - IFBB, 18th

Magazines

1988 September   Num 145   Muscle Training Illustrated

I Saradas

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Joanne McCartney

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View