Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
parapharma

gfx gfx
steroidify Advertising
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572459 Posts in 72088 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: ezbrbtv March 28, 2024, 01:42:33 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Figure, Bikini mixed photo collections  |  Black and White versus Color
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Black and White versus Color  (Read 6401 times)

Offline schillster1

• Activity:
    0%
Black and White versus Color
« on: August 15, 2016, 02:28:48 pm »
I would like to know your opinion(s) on this thought.  I just posted on one of the other threads that I thought that B&W photos show off better definition than color ones at times.  What do you all think about b&w over color photos.  :thanks:
User is currently banned [View]

Offline pumpfiction

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Black and White versus Color
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 03:36:59 pm »
If the photographer is experienced enough and display mastery of the art of B&W then the result is sublime. See Reg Bradford for a perfect example.

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 07:10:41 am »
I have always felt the B&W shows more definition, possibly because the brain has less information to process, but maybe because the colour defuses the sharp lines, with B&W there is less diffusion.

Going back to the 80's, the camera definition was poorer, B&W was the most cost effective way to shoot lots of pics and to print them, so pics were in B&W as the norm, colour was rarer, or restricted to the more expensive mags. With the onset of colour becoming the norm, we had to wait for HD before definition returned to pics, in my opinion.

Here are a few comparisons from 2010 in colour and black and white, I can see more definition in the B&W pics. I personally think a mix of black and white and colour in coverage works, but if colour were dropped altogether, I don't think we would lose much. A bit like watching an old B&W movie, after a few minutes, you don't notice the difference.

Having said that, many mags produced large images as part of the coverage of some athletes. If you look at the older mags, some of the best colour pics ever were produced , were in the early 90's mags, before HD. Fewer images than today's web based coverage, but a case of less is more.

Offline Toroko

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 07:59:46 am »
Sometimes BW really looks better then color, but you can always make BW from color ones with a few clicks. That is why color photos are always better.

deerfott

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 05:03:38 am »

Offline bobsaget

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 10:33:48 pm »
It all depends on the photographer and the subject. If you know what you are doing and your composition is good then the results are magic. A talented shot knows about light and framing and they make it look easy. Bringing the best out of the human form is no easy feat colour or BW

Offline schillster1

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 02:25:02 pm »
It all depends on the photographer and the subject. If you know what you are doing and your composition is good then the results are magic. A talented shot knows about light and framing and they make it look easy. Bringing the best out of the human form is no easy feat colour or BW

Since I started this thread, I've been reading the answers that all who chimed in have given, but, I think this one is actually right.  :thanks:   :rock:  ;)

Offline txduggan

• Activity:
    43.33%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 04:40:47 pm »

Since I started this thread, I've been reading the answers that all who chimed in have given, but, I think this one is actually right.  :thanks:   :rock:  ;)

I'm a professional photographer, and bobsaget hit all the basic points...

There is no good or bad...it is what you want to accomplish with the composition; and that includes subject, scene and light...

Just some random thoughts...an off-season FBB will most likely not show as much contrast in a B&W composition as a incredibly
cut FBB. 

If the stage has too many colors or patterns, the transition to B&W could get sloppy...

Harsh or "flat" light most likely won't do much to create a moody image...

Now notice that I did not speak in absolutes...every rule in photography is MADE to be broken ;)

For those in my age range and have film experience, TRI-X was some really fun B&W film to shoot and develop;
Ilford XP2 400 was a really close 2nd :P

-Tom D

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Figure, Bikini mixed photo collections  |  Black and White versus Color

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View