Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by billylong224 on 05 Dec 2023
  • Alright fellas, looking for opinions:

You are minding your own business when you see a sessionette advertise her coming to your area.  She is from out of town (another country, in fact, if that matters), and is staying for a couple weeks up the road from you.  She turns your crank and you are looking for something new, so you hit her up.

Comms go well and a date time is agreed upon.
    The fee is discussed and deposit requested.
    The fee is above average (imo) at $500 USD / hr, for basic MW with no extras.  Indeed, extras are described as off the menu, per typical MO. 
    You pay the deposit and ask for the location info.
    The response is:  "he location is up to you , as I stay at a shared flat its not possible at my place".

What do you do next, given you're already on the fence about forking out that dough for a wildcard and you dont really have the time or - frankly - interest to go find a room.

Let the opinions fly!

Billy
  • #2 by Polite Society on 05 Dec 2023
  •  The location should have been established before you paid the deposit.
  • #3 by billylong224 on 05 Dec 2023
  • That ignores the question at hand, but thanks.

To reiterate, "What would you do next?" is the theme.  ;)

B
  • #4 by billylong224 on 05 Dec 2023
  • PS:  for the record, the "location", as in general area, but not a specific address, was established.  what was not obviously clear was who would be hosting. 

as a corollary question: how many sessions has anyone here experienced with an out of town sessionette - ADVERTISING SESSIONS - where you hosted?

in my well >20 years of shmoeing, my answer is easy:  ZERO.

B
  • #5 by Polite Society on 05 Dec 2023
  • That ignores the question at hand, but thanks.

To reiterate, "What would you do next?" is the theme.  ;)

B

I'd admit you're an idiot.
  • #6 by Polite Society on 05 Dec 2023
  •    You don't seem bothered about showing up so why are we bothering to answer you?
  • #7 by billylong224 on 05 Dec 2023
  • why are you posting at all, if you have nothing salient to add. 
    and, being frank, the irony of your username doesn't go unnoticed by this guy. 

maybe a question just for you:  are you the world's biggest douche, or just this site's?  it really is unclear.

love,
    B

• #8 by billylong224 on 05 Dec 2023
  • still hoping for actual opinions from anyone other than PS, whose comments are perenially useless in my (albeit limited) experience on this site.

B
  • #9 by Old Surehand on 05 Dec 2023
  • Something is not right about this. See if you can get your deposit back. Let us know. You wanted an opinion on what to do next. This is my opinion.
  • #10 by billylong224 on 05 Dec 2023
  • Thanks OS!  Appreciate the useful comment.

In parallel with my solicitation here, I have reached out to the sessionette who, disappointingly, since receiving my deposit has gone full ghost. 

My POV is that she has lost nothing other than the time to send a few emails. 
    And, I suggested she refund me less $50, for any trouble.
    My last message to her was that I would give her another 24 hrs, then feel compelled to at least warn others of this "surprise".

On my end, I completely recognize that any deposit should be considered gone once it is sent.  And, of course, had I simply no-showed or given some last minute reason to not go forward, I would expect nothing back.  But that is pretty much the opposite of what happened here.    Within minutes of the deposit going through and getting wind that she would not be able to host, I asked for the deposit back.  So, again, I'm at a loss to understand why she would think it was reasonable for her to keep it. 

But, then, reasonable is not always in great supply in this world.  I get it!  :)

Thx again my good man; will keep y'all posted.

B
  • #11 by billylong224 on 05 Dec 2023
  • Update: the silence has been broken.  Although no clear resolution yet.
    I sense we weren't going to get anywhere with simply cutting our mutual losses: bummer.

So, I suggested a spot.  I don't think she is going to like it, but let's call this my curveball back.  I will drive my RV up to where she is, we session in the RV!  :D

So, the sessionette now has three options I've presented:
    - she can offer a place
    - she can accept my offer of a place
    - she can refund my money

I feel I'm being more than fair, but let's see how she responds; stay tuned!

B
  • #12 by mra78 on 05 Dec 2023
  • An RV is verging into a Jame Gumb's van sort of session locale.
  • #13 by Polite Society on 06 Dec 2023

:clap:
  • #14 by billylong224 on 06 Dec 2023

Ha!  Well, notwithstanding that being sorta the point, mine is nicer than most houses (particularly in the area where she's staying!  lol), and is effectively a hotel room on wheels.
    And, good news, she has two other options from which she can choose, including the one everyone would expect (incall), and the one anyone would prefer at this point in the debacle (deposit refund).  The latter a sad reflection, as I was pretty excited to meet this gal.  Now?  IF this happens, it is destined to be disappointing.  Oh well.

B
  • #15 by Polite Society on 06 Dec 2023

Ha!  Well, notwithstanding that being sorta the point, mine is nicer than most houses (particularly in the area where she's staying!  lol), and is effectively a hotel room on wheels.
    And, good news, she has two other options from which she can choose, including the one everyone would expect (incall), and the one anyone would prefer at this point in the debacle (deposit refund).  The latter a sad reflection, as I was pretty excited to meet this gal.  Now?  IF this happens, it is destined to be disappointing.  Oh well.

B

You come across as if you think you've outsmarted her with this creepy proposal.  Not aware of any hotel chain using RV's as room alternatives but you know best.
Pages:
Actions