Pages:
Actions
  • #856 by Profbeaker on 23 Oct 2022
  • Great to have you back - you are right to focus on your health. Keep posting, even if the shots are old!  ^-^
  • #857 by chemdude01 on 24 Oct 2022
  • Hi Shelly, good to see you again.
  • #858 by bicepboy on 24 Oct 2022
  • As others have said, it's great to see you here. If you do drop a bunch of weight, I'm sure we'd all love to see the results. Still, so impressive. I'm back in the gym again, getting serous for the first time in years because of COVID and back and shoulder issues. Loving the weight I've lost but also loving seeing the muscles come back. For all that, and for the excess weight you're carrying, whatever numbers you have (24+" is just wild), the size of your bicep muscle is amazing. That big hunk of muscle which is clearly visible is just that...muscle. Very impressive. WIsh I had that much muscle under my skin.

• #859 by Michelle Behnke on 24 Oct 2022
  • As others have said, it's great to see you here. If you do drop a bunch of weight, I'm sure we'd all love to see the results. Still, so impressive. I'm back in the gym again, getting serous for the first time in years because of COVID and back and shoulder issues. Loving the weight I've lost but also loving seeing the muscles come back. For all that, and for the excess weight you're carrying, whatever numbers you have (24+" is just wild), the size of your bicep muscle is amazing. That big hunk of muscle which is clearly visible is just that...muscle. Very impressive. WIsh I had that much muscle under my skin.

Actually, I'm not doing well at all. I'm quite sick and Drs aren't sure why. My metabolism is extremely sluggish since having my thyroid removed. It's normally really hard for me to lose weight. Yet I've lost 35 lbs since August 30th.
    Medically concerning to lose that much so fast. Along with long-term bowl issues. I can't keep food in. I'm running to the bathroom several times a time, usually not long after I eat ( diarrhea.. I know it's tmi for some, but oh well). Everytime I eat my stomach hurts bad. I have excessive gas that has no smell. I have a colonoscopy and Upper GI scheduled for January 13th,the first available appointment.. My oncologist and the er Dr I saw Saturday night believe the scopes are going to be what reveals the cause for this. I have to see my oncologist Wednesday morning again because it's all getting so bad. I almost don't even want to eat or drink anything because my stomach starts to hurt bad everytime I do. Even with taking the bentyl the er prescribed for the stomach cramps after I eat. The er had a stool sample done too to rule out c difficle infection.
    Waiting on those results.
    So, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'm scared and nervous.
  • #860 by domlover81 on 25 Oct 2022
  • Certainly sorry to hear you are having such miserable problems, I’m sure I’m one of many here who are pulling for you and a speedy resolution to these issues. 🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • #861 by Michelle Behnke on 25 Oct 2022
  • Just read my CT scan results that were released to my online patient portal. In addition to the hiatal hernia, my spleen and liver are both enlarged.
  • #862 by overpowrd2 on 25 Oct 2022
  • Good luck for this moment and keep your health as good!
  • #863 by Michelle Behnke on 25 Oct 2022
  • Good luck for this moment and keep your health as good!

Right, as if that's in my control to do anything about.
  • #864 by bicepboy on 25 Oct 2022
  • So sorry to hear you're in such dire straits. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers, including hopes that the scope will get some answers.
  • #865 by Michelle Behnke on 25 Oct 2022
  • And it just gets better.. last night I felt really lightheaded and tingly all over. Checked my pulse and pulse ox level. Kept fluctuating down to a pulse of 45 and pulse ox level of 85. I woke up and had to run to the toilet 4 times in 40 minutes and lost another 4 lbs since yesterday even though I said screw it and decided if I'm going to be sick and in pain from food, then it may as well taste good going down. Had candy and chips on the way home from the er early Sunday morning, candy Sunday and half of a 16" pizza and garlic mozzarella bread and 2 donutes yesterday. Woke up to weigh myself and see I still lost 4 more lbs within n 24 hours despite I ate nothing but junk and crap for the past 3 days.
  • #866 by LiveFree on 26 Oct 2022
  • Hi Shelly, my prayers are with you. Are you able to do any sort of IV treatment to help with nutrients? There are usually places that will come to your home for that, but I'm not sure if it's covered by insurance. I would hope it is.
  • #867 by LiveFree on 26 Oct 2022
  • With that said though - this doesn't sound like something you should have to manage on your own. If your oxygen levels are dropping, you should go back. If they're not going to keep you or expedite things, I hope it's possible to try a different hospital.
  • #868 by Michelle Behnke on 27 Oct 2022
  • With that said though - this doesn't sound like something you should have to manage on your own. If your oxygen levels are dropping, you should go back. If they're not going to keep you or expedite things, I hope it's possible to try a different hospital.

They've done nothing in the ER. I went back yesterday. All they offered me is a CT scan again when I just had one Thursday.
    I finally fought and advocated for myself with them all day and found out the first dr, the oncologist, sent the order for my colonoscopy and Upper GI as a regular screening procedure which has no urgency to be done. After standing up for my needs all day over the phone and in person, my primary Dr sent the order as a diagnostic colonoscopy and upper GI. So, that is being done Wednesday, Nov 2nd.
  • #869 by Profbeaker on 27 Oct 2022
  • Hope they find out what is wrong soon, so it can be fixed. Thinking of you  :-*
  • #870 by Michelle Behnke on 28 Oct 2022
  • Hope they find out what is wrong soon, so it can be fixed. Thinking of you  :-*

Medical illnesses can't always be "fixed". But thank you for the sentiment.
Pages:
Actions