Pages:
Actions
  • #106 by alison brundage on 03 Feb 2013

•         Sorrry.....I can't get anything on this page.

..Oh OK...here it tis

• #107 by alison brundage on 03 Feb 2013

• Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My home gym where I trained
  • #108 by alison brundage on 03 Feb 2013

• Picture taken at Sunset beach during a surfing contest I had entered
  • #109 by alison brundage on 03 Feb 2013

• Moveeguy
    This was a ranking that came out of WSP back...somewhere between 81-83.  It was a suscribers poll

• #110 by alison brundage on 03 Feb 2013
  • (sp) subscribers..
    This was a poll apparently in 1981 .  Hey lookie I beat Bev Frances !  No way, Bev Frances was in another stratosphere.......
  • #111 by alison brundage on 04 Feb 2013
  • Mooveeguy
    1. The original outdoor gym was in the backyard of my trainer.  He set up my entire program and adjusted it accordingly.  He was there with me a lot.  My husband trained with me. (both of us worked evenings/nights...we were together all the time)   This was not an elegant gym, but I had everything I needed to train well. I was as well pretty good at training with found objects.

2. Before I had that gym , I used my husband on my shoulders for squats.  He weighed about 155lb at the time.  Facing the refrigerator.

3, Protein powder, milk whey, bee pollen, tofu, nutritional yeast, and multivits....I was reading "Life Extension" by Durk Pierson and Sandy Shaw ( correct me if I'm wrong on the names).  I remember reading that & supplementing with specific amino acids,.... glutamine...  It's been a long tme and I forget.  I was reading what was current in nutrition and keeping close tract of all my amino acids and was super anal about recording everything.....what I ate, what I did and results.  That journal helped.

4. I was on a fast track of natural bodybuilding.  I knew my candle had not much more to burn...I was in my late 30's.  With surfing in the day as well as working out then working all night as a nurse my reserve was marginal at best considering my age.  I was VERY fortunate to have done as well as I did.  I owe it to having an expert trainer.
  • #112 by alison brundage on 05 Feb 2013

• Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think the flowers in the hair was part of the insecurity I still felt about feeling muscular.   
  • #113 by alison brundage on 07 Feb 2013

• Thank you Moveeguy.
    This is about the last of what I have before I have to go into the carton in storage....will be getting that out soon
  • #114 by alison brundage on 07 Feb 2013
  • Yes.  I knew him as well as his family.  They lived close to where I lived.  Loving people, very supportive and good friends.   They would give you the shirt off their back kinda folk.
    That Gold's was a trifecta  for Hawaii...Ernie, Lori Okami and myself.   You had asked who came up after Lori and I....I remember now Paula Sazuki... I didn't know her.  She was of the next generation of BBFs.   
  • #115 by Lucrezia Borgia on 07 Feb 2013

• Yeah....paula suzuki was stunningly huge....
  • #116 by alison brundage on 07 Feb 2013

•  

1983 AFWB America
  • #117 by Lucrezia Borgia on 09 Feb 2013
  •    

1983 AFWB America

wonderful Alison. No other words.

• #118 by alison brundage on 09 Feb 2013
  • I placed 7th....
    Yup that was a corsage...and here again, it was about feeling very insecure as a muscular woman and one of the more muscular contenders.  I thought it would feminize me and as well soften me in the eyes of the judges.  Many of us who were the more muscular contenders then felt the judges were somewhat hesitant to open the gates of extreme muscularity  into the young sport of women's bodybuilding.  I'm sure that was true to some extent back then.  The large commercial bodybuilding esterprises were the main promoters, and no doubt they had commercial interests that this sport they were promoting would in fact sell mags and products.  If the buying public were turned off by what they saw, certainly they would not be interested to invest their $$ there.

Meanwhile there was the WSP team who were THE strong promoters of strongly muscled women in that early era.
  • #119 by alison brundage on 09 Feb 2013
  • Absolutely not ....she didn't need any posies that's for sure !   
    And you are right.   Remember this is only my opinion  and my own perception of how it felt to be obviously muscular.  I can remember my photo shoot after the Golds with the WSP team and them telling me to clench my fist on my bicep poses.  Posing the bicep until then (for me) was with an open hand.  Heck now you see profoundly muscular women having no hesitation to do a most muscular pose!!!...LOL   Nuther thing too...there was a finess with Carla  and her posing that made the presentation of female muscle a pleasing thing to see.  Laura Combes, Carla Dunlap, Cori Everson....certainly slung the doors wide open .   No corsages required ....nope !
  • #120 by alison brundage on 10 Feb 2013
  • Nope no problem.  But both National amateur events I placed 7th.  The 83 was in Denver won by Lorrie Bowen.
Pages:
Actions