Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advertising

gfx gfx
parapharma steroidify
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
576249 Posts in 73304 Topics by 28883 Members - Latest Member: Rafael@war April 27, 2024, 07:31:20 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Alison Brundage
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Alison Brundage  (Read 348056 times)

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Re: Alison Brundage
« Reply #690 on: February 04, 2024, 09:22:34 pm »

Alison

Forum Saradas

Offline Bellz

• Activity:
    6.67%
« Reply #691 on: February 14, 2024, 09:40:05 am »
Hey Alison,

You look incredile!  I much prefer your look compared to todays bodybuilders.  Hard and musular without looking like a cloud haha
All your poses look beautiful!

I love your flexed look!

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #692 on: February 14, 2024, 02:12:30 pm »
Thank you so much.  All I learned was old school stuff and the fellow that taught me was right out of York old school ilk. ( Steve Dussia his name)   He grew up in Pennsylvania and his idols were of the John Grimek camp.   He migrated to Hawaii where I lived and assisted Bill Starr football weight trainer with the U of Hawaii.  He took the photographs for Starr's book .   It was only chance I was introduced to this man and the adventure we went on was birthed.  We made all the weight equipment and trained in his backyard.  I had a safety rack and an Olympic set.  My supplements were protein powder and liver tablets.  My resource was IRON MAN magazine.  I became lean by eating only 3 cans of tuna a day..period.  Three days on and one off.  I ended up winning every Hawaii contest I entered and placed 7th twice in Nationals as a middleweight.  I was pretty much clueless but just did what he told me.  He taught me all my posing.  He took my training photos....had a darkroom where he developed the film.   This was before internet and fast photography. My skin was tanned naturally and before the contest I was slathered with IODINE mixed with baby oil...nuther old school trick.  We entered doubles together ...and I guess I was too big and he was too small.  Cory and Jeff won. 

I was in my mid 30's and for an older gal who was always ashamed of my own muscularity , the entire adventure was a huge ego boost for me !   I was one of the last naturals in a National event. What an experience !

ALISON

Offline Bellz

• Activity:
    6.67%
« Reply #693 on: February 14, 2024, 11:27:37 pm »
I love couples.  Wathing them flex their ripped muscles together is beautiful and sexy!  Do you prefer couples posing or individual?

Yes alot has changed since then with contest prep...which conest was your favourite?

Offline Bellz

• Activity:
    6.67%
« Reply #694 on: February 15, 2024, 04:47:40 am »
I have been going through some of your photos and your story...truly amazing Alison!  I can only imagine what you would have achieved if you had all the resources available today with all the training techniques, equipment and nutrition...thats another level!
I absolutely love your competion physique and are just as gorgeous now :)  Your muscles are hard and ripped...I love your smile as you flex and hold the pose!!

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #695 on: February 15, 2024, 11:59:31 am »
I have been going through some of your photos and your story...truly amazing Alison!  I can only imagine what you would have achieved if you had all the resources available today with all the training techniques, equipment and nutrition...thats another level!
I absolutely love your competion physique and are just as gorgeous now :)  Your muscles are hard and ripped...I love your smile as you flex and hold the pose!!

Thank you...BUT I ended my entire career because I was natural .   The only thing I did not take advantage of was performance enhancement drugs.   I DID NOT like the appearance of off season steroid enhanced ladies.  I never would want to look like that.  I discovered that when  I left my backyard gym in Hawaii and did the Gold's Classic contest in Venice, Calif.    Bodybuilding for women was going in a direction I was not at all able to go.   (there was an ugly side.....the pay to wrestle-me stuff)    Drugs changed things for me with regard to serious competition.  I was having a lot of fun building by lifting and nutrition alone.  I just loved all my home made gym equipment.   THAT is what made all of it exciting !  It was easy to walk away.  Surfing will always be my first love.

Alison

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #696 on: February 15, 2024, 12:08:55 pm »

BELLZ:
I love couples.  Wathing them flex their ripped muscles together is beautiful and sexy!  Do you prefer couples posing or individual?

Yes alot has changed since then with contest prep...which conest was your favourite?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My trainer and I did the couple for fun when I was training for the Nationals that occurred at that same venue.  Both of us moved together with complimentary poses much the style of Grimek. or Zane.  That was NOT what judges wanted to see.  They were more into big men lifting very thin-looking gals over their head.  ( or so it seemed ) .

Gold's Classic was my fav because I got to know Pillow and we both turned out to be on the exact same page.......we both left the sport to pursue other interests.   Steroid use was the deciding factor.  Neither of us were into it.  We stayed in touch for years after.

Alison

Offline Bellz

• Activity:
    6.67%
« Reply #697 on: February 15, 2024, 10:57:26 pm »
I am so happy you stayed natural as you look better than all the female bodybuilders now...even the physique ladies who arent far off bodybuilders themselves...sometimes I cant even tell the difference between the two.

I mean, they dont fold their arms with their side shest and open hand for their double biceps and i believe they dont perform a lat spread but physique wise its hard to tell them apart!

Can I ask, you have mentioned Kay Baxter, were you a fan of her physique?  Also was a huge fan of Pillow...have you heard back from her?

Offline Bellz

• Activity:
    6.67%
« Reply #698 on: February 15, 2024, 11:02:33 pm »
We also share a love of the ocean BTW...I scuba dive!

Offline Bellz

• Activity:
    6.67%
« Reply #699 on: February 16, 2024, 01:21:15 am »
Thats a shame about the couples posing as I love watching a couples routine...did anyone by any chance record yours?

Offline hwillish

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #700 on: February 16, 2024, 04:55:19 am »
Allison...I'm right there with you in age and just happened to see this thread.  Didn't really know there was such a thing as women's bodybuilding until I happened to see one of Robert Kennedy's Muscle Magazine's in a drugstore around the mid 90's...and the rest is history!   The Arnold, The Olympia and obviously the Masters... Ive attended them over the years now and have gotten to know many competitors and wonderful fans with whom I have become friends .

I And just wanted you to know that if I had the money, you would be my "inspiration" to create a "Super Masters" event and obviously have you be the first lady to be invited...lol! :bravo:

Offline Bellz

• Activity:
    6.67%
« Reply #701 on: February 16, 2024, 05:59:56 am »
I second that!

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #702 on: February 16, 2024, 12:38:30 pm »
Allison...I'm right there with you in age and just happened to see this thread.  Didn't really know there was such a thing as women's bodybuilding until I happened to see one of Robert Kennedy's Muscle Magazine's in a drugstore around the mid 90's...and the rest is history!   The Arnold, The Olympia and obviously the Masters... Ive attended them over the years now and have gotten to know many competitors and wonderful fans with whom I have become friends .

I And just wanted you to know that if I had the money, you would be my "inspiration" to create a "Super Masters" event and obviously have you be the first lady to be invited...lol! :bravo:

God bless you for your kindness !
Alison

Offline Bellz

• Activity:
    6.67%
« Reply #703 on: February 16, 2024, 10:34:14 pm »
Hi Alison, were there any other competitors physiques that you admired while you were competing?

I personally think Kay Baxter looked amazing!

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #704 on: February 23, 2024, 01:53:32 pm »
Hi Alison, were there any other competitors physiques that you admired while you were competing?

I personally think Kay Baxter looked amazing!

Here is some that I thought had a genetic gifts. 

Juliette Bergman...what an outstanding package !!!!!!

Marjo Seljin ( another Hawaii star...beautiful gal )

All these gals were from my era.    I assumed all were naturals at the time. 

ALISON
Kay Baxter was special....genetically gifted for sure.  She was an early California star.  She, Pillow and I commiserated together after feeling somewhat slighted after an early National contest because of our obvious muscularity that was not yet in the vogue.    Pillow brought her blender and somebody had the booze and fruits..  All three of us got a healthy drunk on after a National event in Vegas....80's.   I felt honored to be invited to the party !
What an experience I had.....a blessing !

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Alison Brundage

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View