Pages:
Actions
  • #631 by alison brundage on 27 Feb 2017
  • The waves look really high. You must be a good surfer.
    Well, better than average back at the time.  Now I ride a wave riding kayak designed in Australia.   It's sort of a half kayak, half surfboard. Here's a wave I rode here in Panama with that equipment.

Alison
  • #632 by zig563 on 01 Mar 2017
  • Great pic Alison! Glad you are doing well! :clap:
  • #633 by alison brundage on 01 Mar 2017
    Yup...all' well.  Still at it.
  • #634 by alison brundage on 22 May 2017

• 72 and still at it.  May 2017
    ALISON
  • #635 by UK_Fan on 23 May 2017
    Yup...all' well.  Still at it.

Hawaii seven 2!!

It certain beats my parents (just a bit older), whose highlight of the week is a trip to the local coffee shop!
    • UK_Fan
  • #636 by alison brundage on 23 May 2017
  • Wow...that's encouraging.   
    Show them how I cut my lawn.....great exercise

ALISON
  • #637 by alison brundage on 20 Aug 2017

• Still strapped on to my crazy kayak wave rider,  surfing here in the Rep of Panama.  Most of the time I'm riding the wave...but sometimes it rides me !

Other adventures?   A 7 ft poisonous Fer de Lance viper we whacked in our yard

I cleaned it

...and we ate it

End of snake...and  the story.

ALISON
  • #638 by zig563 on 20 Aug 2017

• Still strapped on to my crazy kayak wave rider,  surfing here in the Rep of Panama.  Most of the time I'm riding the wave...but sometimes it rides me !

Other adventures?   A 7 ft poisonous Fer de Lance viper we whacked in our yard

I cleaned it

...and we ate it

End of snake...and  the story.

ALISON

Great pics as always Alison. I hope you and Bill are well. You look it in these pics. Do those snakes get near your home or do they stay away from the house area.  My guess is word is out about Alison in the snake community. :clap:
  • #639 by alison brundage on 20 Aug 2017
  • Zig,
    We find them in our garage, garden and all around...not often but enough !   Interesting the bite of the small ones are the ones that really can do you in.  They lack control of the amount of venom when young...and give you a blast.   That snake we got this month was in the same field I cut with my machete.  It's right across the street from the house.   You really have to keep your eyes open.  These are aggressive snakes.  Moths balls keep them at bay.  I toss them all around the house, house and garage.   If bitten you have to nail the snake and bring it with you to the regional government hospital 30 minutes away from our house.  That's the only way they know what antivenin to give.  Wonderful.  Meanwhile i have snakechaps now....along with high top rubber boots.  I walk softly and carry a big stick !
    ALISON

Here's another one we got in our backyard years ago.  Our backyard is a cliff to a river and jungle...so count on snakes there.
  • #640 by zig563 on 26 Aug 2017
  • Zig,
    We find them in our garage, garden and all around...not often but enough !   Interesting the bite of the small ones are the ones that really can do you in.  They lack control of the amount of venom when young...and give you a blast.   That snake we got this month was in the same field I cut with my machete.  It's right across the street from the house.   You really have to keep your eyes open.  These are aggressive snakes.  Moths balls keep them at bay.  I toss them all around the house, house and garage.   If bitten you have to nail the snake and bring it with you to the regional government hospital 30 minutes away from our house.  That's the only way they know what antivenin to give.  Wonderful.  Meanwhile i have snakechaps now....along with high top rubber boots.  I walk softly and carry a big stick !
    ALISON
    [/ur

Here's another one we got in our backyard years ago.  Our backyard is a cliff to a river and jungle...so count on snakes there.

Wow. Scary stuff Alison. Stay safe ! It sounds like you have it covered. Moth balls for snakes....never knew that.
  • #641 by global5 on 31 Aug 2017
  • congrats good hunting
  • #642 by alison brundage on 05 Sep 2017
  • congrats good hunting
    I used to cut that field myself.  Now we get fellows to keep it trimmed out.  But here I was chest deep in brush right where that snake was whacked
    This is the spot the snake was whacked and pretty much the same spot I used to be the hero with the machete !  Yeiks

Alison
  • #643 by alison brundage on 09 Jan 2018

• Alison Bill and Flossy the dog.....Happy New Year !!

Still surfing ! (December 2017)

Christmas with our  Ngobe Bugle indian friends here in the Rep of Panama where we live.

73 yr old this year.. ...stay active, stay healthy, stay happy, be kind and love one another.
  • #644 by zig563 on 10 Jan 2018
  • Happy 2018 Alison! I'm glad to see you and Bill both look great.  Keep at it! :cool2:
  • #645 by alison brundage on 26 Sep 2018
  •        

Alive an well.  73 yr old and still moving
    ALISON
Pages:
Actions