Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
parapharma Advertising
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
576133 Posts in 73298 Topics by 28883 Members - Latest Member: Rafael@war April 27, 2024, 01:53:59 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Denise Rutkowski
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Denise Rutkowski  (Read 561843 times)

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
  • The Denise Rutkowski Story
Re: Denise Rutkowski
« Reply #225 on: September 09, 2016, 03:17:05 am »
The unfortunate fallacy was the bigger you get the higher up on hill of fame and fortune you climb.   The unfortunate truths are that the driving forces ( the ones that steered the ship) were commercial entities.   Once women grew beyond their wildest expectations the contest rules suddenly changed.  OOPS...no we don't want contestants too too big...so what was it ...the 10 % rule I forget.  Such a shame to invest soo much of ones personal self to come to the point were you sort of implode from the external pressure of it all.   .....and so it went

Alison,
Unfortunately, that "fallacy" is underpinned by a lot of truth, I mean this was surely something Denise would attest to: she had her worst placing in the 1992 NPC championships when she came in 3rd but miraculously 1993  and whatever she supplement with pursuant to that year sure as hell paid off. Jan tana, first place BY A MILE, NPC, FIRST PLACE AND BY A MILE and the grandest of them all the MS OLYMPIA, SHE LET LENDA SCRAP IT BY THE SKIN OF HER TEETH! Her rise was exponential and as the saying goes "what goes up, must come down" the year after saw her spiralling downfall but what is to say that this was from steroid use?

Personally, I see Kim Chizevsky as a textbook example of someone who went overboard with the juice and escaped rather unscathed and concurring with your point Alison, during an interview at the 1993 Ms O Kathy Unger even stated that she competed without using 'substances' [referring to other contestants] even if this drastically lessens the likelihood of winning so yeah its no secret that this is what makes or [sometimes and] breaks competitors of this sport. Nevertheless, even if Denise Rutkowski had stayed on, "The Bigger the Better" was the thrust of and driving force behind women's bodybuilding well into the early 2000s I would say, so that would've only placed additional strain on her body had she decided to conform and succumb further to steroid usage. Alot of women used drugs in the sport and none had managed to put together the package that she was able to deliver, irrespective of drug usage had she stayed on and competed for as long as Lenda, Kim or Cory did, it is unquestionable what she could have amassed but yeah, politicisation might have played a role and denise was an ex-stripper so that might've not played in her favour and could've possibly even stigmatised her from the outset in regards to trying to meet judges' external prejudicial preferences, basically what fits the mould of their envisioned ideal representative of the sport and Organisation. Interested to know your opinion on the iFBB, ALISON. cheers.
Please help share and support the GoFundMe page created by Denise Rutkowski's mom

Forum Saradas

« Reply #225 on: September 09, 2016, 03:17:05 am »

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2016, 06:01:08 am »

Please help share and support the GoFundMe page created by Denise Rutkowski's mom

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #227 on: September 09, 2016, 08:42:18 pm »
The unfortunate fallacy was the bigger you get the higher up on hill of fame and fortune you climb.   The unfortunate truths are that the driving forces ( the ones that steered the ship) were commercial entities.   Once women grew beyond their wildest expectations the contest rules suddenly changed.  OOPS...no we don't want contestants too too big...so what was it ...the 10 % rule I forget.  Such a shame to invest soo much of ones personal self to come to the point were you sort of implode from the external pressure of it all.   .....and so it went

Alison,
Unfortunately, that "fallacy" is underpinned by a lot of truth, I mean this was surely something Denise would attest to: she had her worst placing in the 1992 NPC championships when she came in 3rd but miraculously 1993  and whatever she supplement with pursuant to that year sure as hell paid off. Jan tana, first place BY A MILE, NPC, FIRST PLACE AND BY A MILE and the grandest of them all the MS OLYMPIA, SHE LET LENDA SCRAP IT BY THE SKIN OF HER TEETH! Her rise was exponential and as the saying goes "what goes up, must come down" the year after saw her spiralling downfall but what is to say that this was from steroid use?

Personally, I see Kim Chizevsky as a textbook example of someone who went overboard with the juice and escaped rather unscathed and concurring with your point Alison, during an interview at the 1993 Ms O Kathy Unger even stated that she competed without using 'substances' [referring to other contestants] even if this drastically lessens the likelihood of winning so yeah its no secret that this is what makes or [sometimes and] breaks competitors of this sport. Nevertheless, even if Denise Rutkowski had stayed on, "The Bigger the Better" was the thrust of and driving force behind women's bodybuilding well into the early 2000s I would say, so that would've only placed additional strain on her body had she decided to conform and succumb further to steroid usage. Alot of women used drugs in the sport and none had managed to put together the package that she was able to deliver, irrespective of drug usage had she stayed on and competed for as long as Lenda, Kim or Cory did, it is unquestionable what she could have amassed but yeah, politicisation might have played a role and denise was an ex-stripper so that might've not played in her favour and could've possibly even stigmatised her from the outset in regards to trying to meet judges' external prejudicial preferences, basically what fits the mould of their envisioned ideal representative of the sport and Organisation. Interested to know your opinion on the iFBB, ALISON. cheers.

Well I've been out for a long long time and have not been in the loop...and never was really.  If I ventured a guess on IFBB it would be just a guess.   I think you pretty much have hit the nail on the head however.  Ever read the book Mr America by  John D. Fair?  It's an excellent documentation of body building and the contest scene.   Very interesting !   There's another I think you would really like also called Mr America by Mark Adams.  That one is the story of how bodybuilding competition came into being right alongside magazines that promoted physical fitness.  It's the story of Bernarr McFadden who would have been the Weider-like empire of the early 1900's. His magazine was called Physical Culture

A LOT of the pitfalls of the bodybuilding industry become clear reading these two books. 
ALISON

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2016, 07:28:19 am »

Well I've been out for a long long time and have not been in the loop...and never was really.  If I ventured a guess on IFBB it would be just a guess.   I think you pretty much have hit the nail on the head however.  Ever read the book Mr America by  John D. Fair?  It's an excellent documentation of body building and the contest scene.   Very interesting !   There's another I think you would really like also called Mr America by Mark Adams.  That one is the story of how bodybuilding competition came into being right alongside magazines that promoted physical fitness.  It's the story of Bernarr McFadden who would have been the Weider-like empire of the early 1900's. His magazine was called Physical Culture

A LOT of the pitfalls of the bodybuilding industry become clear reading these two books. 
ALISON

Alison,
I haven't really come across these books tbh but I will at least try to grab hold of and complete one within the coming days, might actually place me on a better footing to more competently put together a comprehensive biographical video of Denise. Although I browsed through the internet for them, I came across snippets and abstracts of the books, all of which sort of alerted me to bear in mind a certain caveat which posits that the female bodybuilding landscape and the male bodybuilding landscape aren't necessarily perfectly reconcilable. For instance, male BBing is more socially acceptable or at least not as socially stigmatising as the often polarising nature of women's BBing. Of course this has a cascading effect because men are given more leeway to grow, elicit more commercial interest which makes their careers more worthwhile and are often simply immortalised in women's BBing ever-changing sentiment is omnipresent, as evidenced by Denise's case any misfortune means they are mercilessly defamed and in general going against the stereotypical femininity mould by displaying masculinity under women's attire leads many to disgust and to spew hateful, homophobic and vitriolic insults. If you attempted to defend these women's inalienable god given right to alter, shape and mould their bodies to whatever way they desire, you are simply labelled a deluded Schmoe. Anyway, its futile to even contemplate changing things..

Back to Denise, over the years I have come across endless accounts that are astronomically sensationalist which portrayed Denise as a character straight out of Marvel's roster. Denise herself stated- based on an interview published in the January 1994 edition of WPW magazine- she was punched and assaulted at a highway rest stop prior to the 1993 Jan Tana, ironically enough this still happens today on the internet :shhh:, she even discussed how she broke her wrist while bike riding severly hindering her training capability prior to the jan tana and finally she was sidelined for a week prior to the jan tana with a sever flu. It is miraculous how she managed to win the title with all of these roadblocks, begs the question of how much better could she have looked like if all things went perfectly for her because on that show and in that year she was perfect. For verification purposes a snapshot of the 1994 wpw magazine article has been included just so that no one thinks i'm blowing hot air up their 'faces'.

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2016, 10:24:29 am »
If you post anyhting, please ensure the arrest is removed. It was not Denise.

Hate to burst your bubble but it might be prudent to step back and ask this question: what is the likelihood or probability of finding another convicted Denise Rutkowski with exactly the first, middle and last names, who bears great resemblance to the denise we know from the BBing years and even shares the exact same birthdate, oh, did I mention that they also live within the same vicinity? There is a higher chance of lightening striking 10 times at exactly the same spot than that not to be Denise Rutkowski! We all sympathise with her plight, no doubt but what happened, happened. BTW those mugshots were from late 2012, early 2013...the latest image of her uploaded in 2015 stands as a great testament to how she has well recuperated from that period, insofar as we're drawing conclusions solely on visual characteristics. 99% of what im trying to cover is relevant to her bodybuilding days, hopefully that might hint at where she ended up afterwards in chronological order.   

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2016, 01:48:27 pm »
Golden Panther
I bought the books on Amazon.com used. 
I do believe that the history of Bernarr MacFadden at the turn of the century (1900's) and his empire of magazines and physique contests and demonstrations will enlighten you as to the initial link between men and women's bodybuilding which then was called physical culture.    John Fair who wrote Mr America is as well a very well known historian of the sport.  He sheds light on the next decade of mostly men but as well women in the bodybuilding sport.   You must read them both for a real feel of the evolution of bodybuilding.

Being such a fan of Denise I know you will present her as the person she was in the sport of bodybuilding....one of the all-time greats.   Sports competition of all kinds has swallowed up competitors ....depressions, suicides, overdoses, deaths due to PEDs ...you name it.   Add to that for the gals in FBB the degrading of their sense of self when they sell their self for an hour to some luster for money....that then turns into the funding of the necessities for their sport.   So why the necessities?...because every other competitor in the top ranks needs the necessities.......sponsors, publicity, supplements, TV promos, and PEDS along with medical supervision which costs.  In the scope of it all...where's the NORMAL life in this?  Years of it HAS to tweak a person.

Just my take

ALISON

muscleheadfan22

« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2016, 06:33:25 pm »
If you post anyhting, please ensure the arrest is removed. It was not Denise.

Hate to burst your bubble but it might be prudent to step back and ask this question: what is the likelihood or probability of finding another convicted Denise Rutkowski with exactly the first, middle and last names, who bears great resemblance to the denise we know from the BBing years and even shares the exact same birthdate, oh, did I mention that they also live within the same vicinity? There is a higher chance of lightening striking 10 times at exactly the same spot than that not to be Denise Rutkowski! We all sympathise with her plight, no doubt but what happened, happened. BTW those mugshots were from late 2012, early 2013...the latest image of her uploaded in 2015 stands as a great testament to how she has well recuperated from that period, insofar as we're drawing conclusions solely on visual characteristics. 99% of what im trying to cover is relevant to her bodybuilding days, hopefully that might hint at where she ended up afterwards in chronological order.   
Ok. But family members deny that arrest. I dont know what to tell you

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #232 on: September 10, 2016, 08:43:45 pm »
Golden Panther
I bought the books on Amazon.com used. 
I do believe that the history of Bernarr MacFadden at the turn of the century (1900's) and his empire of magazines and physique contests and demonstrations will enlighten you as to the initial link between men and women's bodybuilding which then was called physical culture.    John Fair who wrote Mr America is as well a very well known historian of the sport.  He sheds light on the next decade of mostly men but as well women in the bodybuilding sport.   You must read them both for a real feel of the evolution of bodybuilding.

Being such a fan of Denise I know you will present her as the person she was in the sport of bodybuilding....one of the all-time greats.   Sports competition of all kinds has swallowed up competitors ....depressions, suicides, overdoses, deaths due to PEDs ...you name it.   Add to that for the gals in FBB the degrading of their sense of self when they sell their self for an hour to some luster for money....that then turns into the funding of the necessities for their sport.   So why the necessities?...because every other competitor in the top ranks needs the necessities.......sponsors, publicity, supplements, TV promos, and PEDS along with medical supervision which costs.  In the scope of it all...where's the NORMAL life in this?  Years of it HAS to tweak a person.

Just my take

ALISON

Alison,

The intention is to portray Denise's roller coaster life in a way the unbiased, void of whimsical sensationalism  and most importantly, substantiated. Another thing I want to point out is the apparent yet tacit way in which publishers and those in the media forefront in terms of female bodybuilding coverage (i.e. WPW, Ray Martin, Swankyville and Premier productions) got their female clients to exude over-sensualness that was borderline erotic because they operated under the premise that their viewership base was inevitably going to be predominantly male (admittedly or not) lusters obviosuly this is what they demanded and those commercial entities were more than happy to oblige! However, its noteworthy to mention the culpability of the women themselves because some just love to openly flaunt their stuff like denise and many others whilst those with moral qualms, religious disinclinations and reservations like mimi jabalee simply abstain from and vehemently abhors this side of the business even when compromising financial gain. Anyway, the motives, incentives are multiple and this debate could proceed endlessly. 

Ok. But family members deny that arrest. I dont know what to tell you

How do we know yoore not bluffing?

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #233 on: September 11, 2016, 12:27:48 am »
My experience with WSP/WPW was not as you describe.   

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #234 on: September 11, 2016, 03:50:22 am »
My experience with WSP/WPW was not as you describe.

WPW were discernibly the least concerned with portraying women in that light, heck I applaud them for being the most bent on directing their attention towards the women's physical capabilities by dedicating a lot of their footage, or segments thereof, to gym work and strength shows. Nowadays, there are companies that pair up with current, former and de facto FBBers solely for the production of pornographic content..just ask Angela Salvagno. Only bad, or at least disconcerting, thing I can say about WPW (Potentially even Ray Martin) is the unchanged set of clothes they had 5-8 FBBers dress and pose in....that was creepy :D

Sorry, I am instructed to not explain further. I have xmas photos from 2013 and the mugshot is not Denise.

You have the right to say whatever you want but dont expect anyone to believe you without incontrovertible evidence! cheers

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #235 on: September 11, 2016, 10:15:07 am »

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2016, 03:41:15 am »
Siphoning through articles; forums and acquaintance accounts has helped uncover some of the core figures throughout Denise's bodybuilding career. Starting off with Rick Adams, former Texan bodybuilder who literally saw Denise's career from cradle-to-grave, he not only got her into bodybuilding but he was also the one to have choreographed what would turn out to be Denise's last stage performance at the 1993 Ms Olympia.(Stated by Denise in both an interview with WPW and Carla Dunlap at the 1993 Ms O). Second figure is the late Dan Duchaine, outspoken steroids advocate, said to have- with compelling online evidence- had Denise on a sort of performance enhancing drug called Anadrol (25mg/day) early in her career. Finally, Jack Bonacini, also a trainer of Denise, however, what stood out in his case was that as soon as you googled his name a link to (San Diego) California's Criminal Records online portal immediately appears as the first search result, still by no means verified. Apart from Rick Adams insofar as information available on him on the net and other sources would suggest, having a clique comprising of the latter two personalities would surely- in hindsight- lend credence to some of the conspiracies revolving today around the legend that is Denise Rutkowski.

Definately understand. I will let you know in the future

If you have anything to add, just blurt it...theres no point in kicking the can down the road!

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2016, 06:53:38 am »
Only major downside is that it is excruciatingly difficult to either refute or ascertain such accounts, however the pit-ball thing kind of checks-out because by cross-checking that with some WPW articles, Denise did mention owning a pitbull and the possession of drugs allegation, although we shouldn't speculate nor extrapolate, might be something to ponder considering the clear side-effects discernible from the released mugshots hence why I decided to share this account's take. Shape your own opinion! 

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #238 on: September 12, 2016, 10:00:41 am »

muscleheadfan22

« Reply #239 on: September 13, 2016, 03:55:24 am »
Only major downside is that it is excruciatingly difficult to either refute or ascertain such accounts, however the pit-ball thing kind of checks-out because by cross-checking that with some WPW articles, Denise did mention owning a pitbull and the possession of drugs allegation, although we shouldn't speculate nor extrapolate, might be something to ponder considering the clear side-effects discernible from the released mugshots hence why I decided to share this account's take. Shape your own opinion! 

Well she had a head injury and I must leave it at that.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Denise Rutkowski

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View