Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by LUVEMHUGE on 05 Aug 2013

• It was announced by Dave Palumbo on 1-28-2024 that Shelly has passed away.

• LUVEMHUGE
  • #2 by jexion on 25 Nov 2018
  • #3 by Rockfish on 20 Oct 2019
  • #4 by Timmon on 19 Nov 2020
  •  
  • #5 by Old Surehand on 28 Jan 2024
  • I just found out via Dave Palumbo that Shelly has passed away.

• #6 by Old Surehand on 28 Jan 2024
  •  
  • #7 by Old Surehand on 28 Jan 2024
  • Here's a link to her obituary https://obitsmemorialplace.com/shelly-yakimchuk-obituary-las-vegas-nv-female-bodybuilder-has-passed-away/

Shelly Yakimchuk Obituary, Death – Shelly Yakimchuk, a female bodybuilder from Las Vegas, Nevada, passed away at 4:40 p.m. on January 27, 2024. Shelly was diagnosed with Addison’s Disease in early 2018, an adrenal condition caused by chronic growth hormone, insulin, and anabolic steroid use. Shelly had several long-term hospital admissions in the years that followed, and as her poor health seemed to snowball from Addison’s, she asked me to relay her “list” of issues that followed: hemochromotosis, breast explant surgery, pancreatitis, diabetes requiring partial amputation of both feet, high blood pressure, and stage 4 liver cancer.

Shelly was resuscitated following a major heart attack on September 23. She has since gone in and out of palliative care, but she has never left Saskatoon’s St. Paul’s Hospital. She never lost her sense of humour or hunger; she would frequently make jokes or remarks about her hospital meal, prompting the kitchen to put additional food to her tray! This was in addition to the McDonald’s and Burger King meals Ross would bring. She ate it all!

Shelly chose today, her eldest son’s (Jesse) birthday, to commemorate him and her mother, who had passed before her. Condolences to Ross Maxwell, Shelly’s rock and primary caregiver during her protracted illness. I hope he knows how grateful she is to have him. In memory of Shelly, train hard and heavy, and when you think you can’t do another rep, do three…because you know she’s looking! If you’re not inclined, simply do something nice for someone or provide genuine praise, like she would.

She appreciated seeing people succeed. There will be no funeral. Shelly asked that I make this public, so please share with her Yak’s Fitness Las Vegas family and friends in Canada and the United States.

• #8 by HULK on 29 Jan 2024
  • RIP Shelly!
  • #9 by Warhawk Overdrive on 03 Feb 2024
  • Seems like every year we lose three or four women from the fitness industry. Unfortunately, we seem to be off to an early start. :( :( :( :'( :'( :'(
  • #10 by Chainer★ on 17 Feb 2024
Pages:
Actions