Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advertising

gfx gfx
steroidify parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
574215 Posts in 72869 Topics by 28730 Members - Latest Member: lonerider April 18, 2024, 03:36:48 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Utilities  |  Media  |  #READERS SHARE: Books with muscle/athletic woman
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: #READERS SHARE: Books with muscle/athletic woman  (Read 142556 times)

Offline maniacal_d

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
Re: #READERS SHARE: Books with muscle/athletic woman
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2014, 04:05:07 am »
Eric Van Lustbader. The ones I've read were mostly from the ninja cycle saga:

The Ninja - (1980)
The Miko - (1984)
White Ninja - (1990)
The Kaisho - (1993)
Floating City - (1994)
Second Skin - (1995)

I can't remember which one, but there's a female protagonist with prominent muscular arms.

Forum Saradas

Offline bobthebob

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2014, 11:11:40 am »
Female characters you wouldn't want to get in a fight with
female characters that are strong/physically/magically good fighters/warriors/archery/duelling/psychologically et.

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/10152.Female_characters_you_wouldn_t_want_to_get_in_a_fight_with?page=1 big list

Book Series Featuring the Best Female Characters

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/18412.Book_Series_Featuring_the_Best_Female_Characters#590125

Blood Red Road - Movie soon

Maximum Ride  - Movie soon

The Squad Series - Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Graceling Series - Movie soon

From Wikipedia

Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight—she’s a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king’s thug. When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change. She never expects to become Po’s friend. She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace—or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away . . . a secret that could destroy all seven kingdoms with words alone. With elegant, evocative prose and a cast of unforgettable characters, debut author Kristin Cashore creates a mesmerizing world, a death-defying adventure, and a heart-racing romance that will consume you, hold you captive, and leave you wanting more.

Family d'Alembert series - E.E (Doc) Smith

Offline rugbyguy39

• Activity:
    0%
  • Dat Fifi, she is a blast!
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2014, 01:07:45 pm »
John D MacDonald often included strong, unusual and powerful women in his novels; particularly the Travis McGee series. Remarkable when you consider he was writing in the '60's and '70s. A great story-teller with a gift for description, dialogue and plot twist.

Here's a scene  from The Long Lavender Look:

""A shrink could have a picnic checking me out. When I get all edgy and uptight and mean-acting, making somebody scream and sweat works just like a charm. The better they yell, the more warm and friendly I feel toward them. I like to fell in love with Geraldine. It's like I was helping them get past something, or over something. I wonder sometimes if it's got anything to do with being so strong."
"'You look healthy enough."
"It's more than that. I'm some kind of freak. Wanta see?"
 "Sure."
She looked into the blue car and reached in and took out a beach towel and shook the sand out of it. She went to the front bumper and used the towel to avoid the bumper edge cutting into her hands. She braced herself, back to the bumper, torso erect, knees flexed, shifted her grip and her stance, then took a deep breath, let it out, then snatched up the front end of the car, stood with her knees locked, holding it. Under the thin layer of fat beneath the skin, a female attribute, the sculptured muscles bulged in thighs, calves, shoulders, and arms. Thick cords bulged in her throat as her face slowly darkened. She turned her head slowly and smiled at me, a strangely provocative and knowing smile. Then she lowered it quickly. She wiped the sudden sweat from her arms, throat, and face. I had felt an unexpectedly savage surge of absolutely simple and immediate sexual desire for her, a brute impulse to fell her where she stood and mount her. And she knew it, and had deliberately caused it. There is a perverse streak in all of us, an urgency to experience the unusual. She was totally feminine, and sometime, somewhere, she had discovered that a demonstration of the unusual power of her body would provoke the male. Such physical strength is a rarity, a kind of genetic aberration which could be a throwback to prehistory, to a primitive construction of muscle fiber quite dissimilar to our own. It is more common in men than in women, is quite often coupled with a low order of intelligence which leads to the sideshow career of bending horseshoes, driving spikes barehanded, and folding coins with thumb and forefinger.
She tossed the towel into the car and said, "I can put most men down arm-wrassling. Not very girlygirl, huh?"

Offline unclespooky

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2014, 01:26:06 am »
I''m surprised no one has mentioned the Honor Harrington books by David Weber.  The main character is from a heavy grav world, is over 190cm tall (almost 6'3"), is very beautiful, and is genetically engineered to have stronger muscles and be smarter.  Her muscles don't show, but is describes as having the grace of a dancer.  She is constantly having to check her handshake in case she breaks bones.

In the second book, she literally takes on over a dozen armed men with no weapon and kicks the crap out of them... very violenty.

Great character, great series.

Offline gwhh

• Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2014, 04:33:52 pm »
No THAT writing!!!!!

download here:

http://www.kickassunblock.info/john-d-macdonald-s-travis-mcgee-series-t6748208.html

John D MacDonald often included strong, unusual and powerful women in his novels; particularly the Travis McGee series. Remarkable when you consider he was writing in the '60's and '70s. A great story-teller with a gift for description, dialogue and plot twist.

""A shrink could have a picnic checking me out. When I get all edgy and uptight and mean-acting, making somebody scream and sweat works just like a charm. The better they yell, the more warm and friendly I feel toward them. I like to fell in love with Geraldine. It's like I was helping them get past something, or over something. I wonder sometimes if it's got anything to do with being so strong."
 "Sure."
She looked into the blue car and reached in and took out a beach towel and shook the sand out of it. She went to the front bumper and used the towel to avoid the bumper edge cutting into her hands. She braced herself, back to the bumper, torso erect, knees flexed, shifted her grip and her stance, then took a deep breath, let it out, then snatched up the front end of the car, stood with her knees locked, holding it. Under the thin layer of fat beneath the skin, a female attribute, the sculptured muscles bulged in thighs, calves, shoulders, and arms. Thick cords bulged in her throat as her face slowly darkened. She turned her head slowly and smiled at me, a strangely provocative and knowing smile. Then she lowered it quickly. She wiped the sudden sweat from her arms, throat, and face. I had felt an unexpectedly savage surge of absolutely simple and immediate sexual desire for her, a brute impulse to fell her where she stood and mount her. And she knew it, and had deliberately caused it. There is a perverse streak in all of us, an urgency to experience the unusual. She was totally feminine, and sometime, somewhere, she had discovered that a demonstration of the unusual power of her body would provoke the male. Such physical strength is a rarity, a kind of genetic aberration which could be a throwback to prehistory, to a primitive construction of muscle fiber quite dissimilar to our own. It is more common in men than in women, is quite often coupled with a low order of intelligence which leads to the sideshow career of bending horseshoes, driving spikes barehanded, and folding coins with thumb and forefinger.
She tossed the towel into the car and said, "I can put most men down arm-wrassling. Not very girlygirl, huh?"

Offline gwhh

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2014, 06:59:16 pm »
http://depositfiles.com/files/xwqzcamcx

No THAT writing!!!!!

download here:

http://www.kickassunblock.info/john-d-macdonald-s-travis-mcgee-series-t6748208.html

"Sure."

Offline Karharot

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2014, 07:40:45 am »
http://www.epubor.com/how-to-convert-ebooks-with-calibre.html

great converter from mobi to pdf files ...
I Saradas

Offline erminio

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2014, 11:20:12 am »
http://www.epubor.com/how-to-convert-ebooks-with-calibre.html

great converter from mobi to pdf files ...

:what: ...mobi to pdf!!??? Pdf files are the worst for ebooks...you can't change the size of the font, you can just zoom everything...btw Calibre is a great software...maybe to convert pdf in mobi, epub...
User is currently banned [View]

Offline bobthebob

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2014, 11:47:46 am »
Krysty Wroth from the  Deathlands series by James Axler

Extract from Homeward Bound

Offline bobthebob

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2014, 11:55:53 am »
Part 2 Of Homeward Bound extract

Offline bobthebob

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2014, 12:27:17 pm »
Part 3

Sorry about the three parts. My connection kept dropping out and I had to do it this waY.

Offline Warhawk Overdrive

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    96.67%
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2014, 11:58:42 pm »
Star Trek: The Next Generation #4 Survivors

The woman appeared human, with olive skin and thick straight black hair cut as short as Yar’s and tied with a kerchief about her forehead. She was neither pretty nor beautiful, but exuded power even seated, eating and talking with her companions. She wore a sleeveless shirt that displayed arms more muscular than most men’s—clearly another of Dare’s mercenary band.

Of course she was dead by the end of the book but that is how it goes most of the time. Someone even wrote a article about it.
"Klingons appreciate strong women" -Lt. Worf

Offline gwhh

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2014, 03:25:45 am »

Running Mates by John Feinstein, author of a lot of Sports Non Fiction books, penned this one about a ex college hoop star turned author who gets involved in murder at the Maryland Legislature.  There is character Jamelle Touretta who is a classic amazon.  described as a Victoria's Secret model on Steroids (something like that) there are several instances where she uses her strength including 2 fight scenes with men.   I always hoped they would make it into a move, but I'm sure like many of the books into movies here they would have minimized or excluded the Amazon character.   

anyone have this book in pdf or epub form??  Please, post it if you do! 

Offline gwhh

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2014, 03:31:46 am »
Interesting thread. I'm going to chuck in four big-selling, world-reknowned books from hugely respected authors. All feature (if not that centrally) muscular females:

1. "Hannibal" by Thomas Harris - everyone knows this one, right? The main villain is Mason Verger, who is all bitter and twisted because, in his earlier life, Hannibal Lektor eats his face. Anyway, the female muscle in this book is provided by Margot, Mason's sister. She is described as being a very, very large bodybuilder. Huge arms. I'm thinking "Shawna Walker with cropped hair". THAT big. Anyway, in the book Margot eventually kills Mason. When the film was finally made of course, FBB-lovers were excited to see who would play Margot and then disgruntled when they cut her from the film entirely. SHE KILLED MASON!! How is she not in the film!? Diabolical.

2. "Last of the Amazons" by Steven Pressfield - Pressfield is arguably the greatest author of those sweeping, epic sagas set in "olden times". Entirely fiction, but based very much in reality, Pressfield stays usually within medieval, or Roman, or Greek times. This particular book is a (sort of) follow-on to another one of his greek epics. To cut a long story short, a Greek King marries the Amazon Queen, Antiope, and the other Amazons see this as a great betrayal and march on Athens to massacre everyone, basically. Within this story is a thread of a young girl being trained to be a warrior. Some of the best imagery in the book (muscle-femme-wise anyway) is when the young girl is studying the other Amazons when they are training, exercising, fighting etc. She is stunned by their strength and size, and there is also a scene where one of the more fearsome Amazonian warriors gets in a stand-up fight to the death with a Greek male soldier, and effortlessly kills him.

3. "Black Sunday" by Thomas Harris - again Thomas Harris writes about a fearsome female warrior in one of his books. This one is basically about a terrorist plot to murder lots of Americans at a sports game, if I remember correctly. Anyway, the FBI, the CIA, and Mossad are all involved. I can't remember how they all fit in and who wants to kill who, but one of thte Israeli women is Mossad, or something close enough to Mossad. She's a beautiful, dark-haired operative who is deadly-skilled in hand-to-hand combat. She's not in the book all that much, and sees less action than you would hope, but there is a scene where she basically beats the living tar out of a man with, effectively, a single punch.

4. "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" by Steig Larsson - EVERYONE knows this one, right? Monica Figuerola, the 6 feet tall, bodybuilding cop, who becomes the love interst of Mikael Blomkvist. Towards the very end of the trilogy, she gets in to a fight with the man she wants to arrest, and cleans his clock out with a punch at half-force. The woman is, essentially (and in my opinion anyway), Marika Johansson if she were a cop. They've made a Swedish film of this with Monica Figuerola in it!!! And no, she's not at all muscular. "Hollywood" will eventually make a version too, and I don't hold out much hope of Johanna Dejager getting the role  ;D.

Offline gwhh

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2014, 09:04:09 pm »
In PDF form

anyone know what page this info below is on?

http://depositfiles.com/files/720amcxcx

Read it here:

:shutup:
I remember clearly that there was another thread about this, where I pointed out that there was a specific book in the Star Wars expanded universe novel series where Princess Leia was shown to be quite fit, even a little bit muscular, and very strong dragging an unconscious male body behind her and in that sequence, it said that she didn't need to use the force to do it because her training with her master Saba Sebatyne had made her body that strong. There was also a later part in the same book that highlighted a female Captain in the Imperial/Galactic Navy that was also very strong and muscular, which showed through her tight uniform.

The book is Tempest by Troy Denning.

Forum Saradas  |  Utilities  |  Media  |  #READERS SHARE: Books with muscle/athletic woman

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View