Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
parapharma

gfx gfx
Advertising steroidify
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
576509 Posts in 73360 Topics by 28883 Members - Latest Member: Rafael@war April 28, 2024, 08:57:44 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Contest Photos & News  |  2016 Charlotte Cup - anyone going?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2016 Charlotte Cup - anyone going?  (Read 7015 times)

tate

2016 Charlotte Cup - anyone going?
« on: January 29, 2016, 03:23:02 pm »
Sorry for the cross post, didn't know where to put it.

The Charlotte Cup is a national qualifier in Charlotte, NC

Anyone know anything about this contest this year?
Is anyone going?

phy911

Re: 2016 Charlotte Cup - anyone going?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 09:27:36 pm »

gif of competitors from 2014 ripped from youtube video

Sadly I won't be there. I'm closer to the west coast. It looks like a decent competitor turn out. I couldn't find any results but it doesn't look like there is a bodybuilding division and venue doesn't have tiered seating. On the bright side Monique Jones was there in 2015. However, if this is local for you I would highly recommend going and even stopping by the host hotel bar after the show to see if anything interesting is going on. In my limited experience the host hotel is better for national or pro events but it's worth a shot. Who knows who you might bump into.

Offline pumpfiction

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 09:57:44 pm »
Silly me... Those are the pics from last year's show ha ha !

phy911

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 04:52:52 am »
Hey if your in the NC area the show is in April. Tate could use a wingman.

Offline pumpfiction

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 10:56:11 am »
Hey if your in the NC area the show is in April. Tate could use a wingman.

Unfortunately for tate I live in the other side of the Pond and don't have any travel plans to the States for now, so....

tate

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 11:40:37 am »
Thanks for the pics. Certainly looking for someone to go with since this will be my first show experience and I don't want to be a noob. Any real solid advice?

tate

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 04:06:55 pm »
For example: Prejudging is at 10 - how long does prejudging in a contest like this last?
Also, there will be advertising booths. Are they open before and after prejudging? Or only during contest times?
And if I go by myself, and have to go get a drink, how can I hold my seat?

phy911

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 10:00:43 pm »
For example: Prejudging is at 10 - how long does prejudging in a contest like this last?
Also, there will be advertising booths. Are they open before and after prejudging? Or only during contest times?
And if I go by myself, and have to go get a drink, how can I hold my seat?

Prejudging can last a number of hours. Duration depends on the number of competitors, efficiency of the judges, and how organized the shows promoter is. I would expect prejudging to last at least 2-3 hours. You find people will come and go through out the prejudging. If I know all the women's divisions have been on stage I leave. It looks like it is open seating.
Notice the photo in the middle? I looks like they have the first 6 rows reserved so go early to get a good seat. I cannot recommend this enough. Your proximity to the stage can open an entirely new dimension of audio as you can hear the women breathing and straining as they flex. With the acoustics of a venue like this the subtle audio nuisances of the competitors on stage might not audible above the ambient noise. Regardless, closer is definitely better.

Relax, be cool, and have fun. The crowd will not just be people from the fitness industry there will be competitors friends and family so you will blend right in. If the opportunity presents itself tastefully complement a competitor. Female bodybuilders push the boundaries of social norms and providing them with positive feedback is generally well received. However, be respectful. I don't know if this is true but I heard Tre from femflex was knocked out by Nikki Fuller after he said something inappropriate to her at the Jan Tana Pro.

You might also consider checking out the NC state which is a few weeks earlier in Greensboro. I looks like that show might attract more competitors and is at a theater venue which is much more enjoyable from a spectator point of view. Better lighting, sound, and seating. Here are a few pictures from the North Carolina State Championships as well as the venue.

So back to your questions....

Booths will be open during prejudging and sometimes staffed all the way through the evening show. As far as saving your seat this is where it can be critical to talk to people around you. Find out who they are cheering for and cheer for them too. This is a very fast way to make friends. Ask them to save your seat if you need to get up and do the same for them. You might even find that female bodybuilder you were cheering for coming into the audience to talk to her friends and you get introduced.

Some things to consider...

Do you want to bring a camera?

With a camera you can capture the event however, you are detached from what is happening. If you're taking pictures people are less likely to chat with you. Personally I've had better times when I've not brought a camera with me.

How to dress.

Most people wear casual clothes or workout wear. Years ago I went to a competition right after getting off work wearing a suit and tie. I arrived a little late after the contest had started and sat towards the back trying not to disturb anyone I found an empty row. Just a few minutes later out of the corner of my eye I noticed a figure moving down the same row I occupied. My initial thought was one of frustration. I picked the row specifically not to disturb anyone else and here was this person that didn't have the same courtesy. Instead of expressing my frustration I decided to focus on the show because the women were coming onstage. It was an impressive line-up and I was suddenly shocked by a woman's voice saying "Did I miss anything." "No" I replied. She sat down next to me and I instantly recognized her as a woman I had seen compete before. I was very nervous but was able to keep it together. We talked about the competitors and afterwards she introduced me to a friend that was competing. When we left the contest she invited me out for a drink. Sadly I was only 20 so that drink never happened. So take what you want from my story but I've found when your among people in t-shirts and sweats looking classy can set you apart from the rest of the crowd. Perhaps that was why she sat next to me.

On the website ticket page there contact link for questions.
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/2016-npc-the-charlotte-cup-bodybuilding-championship-tickets-19548722756
I don't know why there are two different prices for the prejudging and evening show. Perhaps early bird seats are available until they sell out?
If you can get reserved seats do it.

I hope this has been some help.

tate

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 03:25:32 pm »
Looks like one of the Europas is coming to Charlotte this year - July 9

Is anyone going?

Also, should I try to attend it or the Charlotte Cup, which is the state contest (NPC, but not IFBB)

phy911

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 05:06:35 pm »
Looks like one of the Europas is coming to Charlotte this year - July 9

Is anyone going?

Also, should I try to attend it or the Charlotte Cup, which is the state contest (NPC, but not IFBB)?

The Europa has both IFBB and NPC contests. The difference is NPC is amatuer and IFBB is professional. The amateur event has both women's bodybuilding and physique. However, the IFBB (professional) event is only fitness and bikini.
https://www.europaexpo.com/charlotte-2016/

The last Europa event I attended was in Hartford, Connecticut. The bodybuilding competition could be watched just by having a ticket to the Expo however, if you wanted a seat you had to pay for a ticket. Some contests like the Toronto Pro and the Ms. International had one part of the contest in the Convention center (like prejudging) then the evening show would be held in a theater. I don't think this will be the case with the Europa.

Looking at the pricing for the NPC and IFBB contests for the Charlotte Europa I would hazard a guess that the contest will be visible from the Expo. No theater seating.  I would definitely go to the event. Although, use caution in buying VIP tickets. The seat and a few more feet might not be worth the cost.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Contest Photos & News  |  2016 Charlotte Cup - anyone going?

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View