Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by kjhrobot on 07 Mar 2017
  • #2 by taedea67 on 07 Mar 2017
  • When you look at today's FBB compare to FBB 35 years ago you see that the use of supplements made a hug difference for the worse.  Such a shame because it's supposed to be a celebration of the human body not a freak show.
  • #3 by Paraguay456 on 07 Mar 2017

• True, but it was only natural that eventually the women would follow the men. They are surely in common use in professional sports and they either mask them or the regulators look the other way because of national pride and or the money involved in sponsorship deals. Supplements are a huge and growing business. The genie is out of the box just look at the online suppliers and the shops that have opened up. One just opened in a mall near where I live. People want to look good and have muscle mass.
    • Paraguay456
  • #4 by taedea67 on 07 Mar 2017
  •  
    True, but it was only natural that eventually the women would follow the men. They are surely in common use in professional sports and they either mask them or the regulators look the other way because of national pride and or the money involved in sponsorship deals. Supplements are a huge and growing business. The genie is out of the box just look at the online suppliers and the shops that have opened up. One just opened in a mall near where I live. People want to look good and have muscle mass.

At what cost? For fame and fortune? Why risking your life for a sport that grossly underpay its winners?
  • #5 by oriander2000 on 10 May 2017

• True, but it was only natural that eventually the women would follow the men. They are surely in common use in professional sports and they either mask them or the regulators look the other way because of national pride and or the money involved in sponsorship deals. Supplements are a huge and growing business. The genie is out of the box just look at the online suppliers and the shops that have opened up. One just opened in a mall near where I live. People want to look good and have muscle mass.

At what cost? For fame and fortune? Why risking your life for a sport that grossly underpay its winners?

I think it's a self image question rather than a competitive one nowadays; you notice  many of the young newcomers bulking up like crazy and taking a thousand flexing selfies. You see them developing fbb-sized muscles, posing with closed fists, and such...to then go and compete in Figure.

They seem more fascinated with their body development rather than with competing.
  • #6 by sa2009 on 10 May 2017
  • I think up to the era of Lenda Murray , fbb reached perfection . It was also marketable and popular . After her reign it started to go a bit downhill . I do think today's physique competitors are giving a awesome image for the woman . Example Yeon W. , Dani Reardon . They look perfect !
Pages:
Actions