Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
parapharma Advertising
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
574108 Posts in 72857 Topics by 28732 Members - Latest Member: lonerider April 18, 2024, 10:42:41 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  Female Muscle revolution is coming!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Female Muscle revolution is coming!  (Read 4478 times)

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    70%
    • HerFlex Muscle Stories and art
Female Muscle revolution is coming!
« on: July 04, 2018, 06:18:50 pm »
I know we've heard this all before...starting in the late 80's.....but it's finally upon us!

Example: When I was in high school in he early 90's, literally the only athletes in the weight room were Football players.
I played Tennis, Baseball and ran track.....i probably entered the weight room 3 times in my high school career!

Now female high school athletes are forced to do two-a-day's and workout like crazy.

My 14 year old next door neighbor plays volleyball and track and she and her friends are constantly talking about how brutal this or that workout is.
They also have 6-pack abs and leg and arm muscles.  I was casually talking to my neighbor about what kind of workouts her coaches put her thru and she decided to flex her arm for me....at 14 it had pretty good shape and was hard as a rock!

By the way, the high school boys are all over my neighbor and her friends, so the new generation of young men are obviously attracted to it.

Needless to say....as this current generation of adolescents are very into being fit and muscular...this bodes well for the future of Female Muscularity popularity and Main stream acceptance!
Please support me at: www.patreon.com/herflex

Offline bobsaget

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Female Muscle revolution is coming!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 06:07:57 am »
I know a friends daughter does 3 sessions a week in the weights room for rugby and she has noticed the changes in her body and likes it
User is currently banned [View]

Offline 009eli

• Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 09:47:28 pm »
There was an article about this in the NY Post. I think crossfit and the general rise of social media has added to this as well. I regularly see crossfit women in my area who look like they could have easily entered bb competitions in the 90s. Its almost become common and I think with the culture of showing off on social media it has become downright trendy for women to see the changes in their friends and state 'im going to do a show.'

From the Post

Science proves toned bodies are now sexier than skinny ones

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it seems all the fitness influencers on Insta**** have triggered a cultural shift.

The University of Missouri-Kansas City asked 78 female undergraduate students to rate the winners of the Miss USA beauty pageant, and the researchers discovered that women with toned or muscular figures are now seen as sexier as women who are very thin.

The students were asked to study photos of the women who were crowned Miss USA between 1999 and 2013 and rate them according to how muscular, thin and attractive they were.

The study found more of the recent winners were muscular and toned rather than thin, which showed that attitudes toward physical beauty have shifted.

Head researcher Frances Bozsik published the study’s findings in the journal Sex Roles, explaining: “There is a shift in the thin ideal female figure to one that now includes the appearance of physical fitness via muscularity.”

She added that this was connected to the explosion of “fitspo” on social media channels.

Frances also noted that both muscularity and thinness were commonly found among female celebrities.

Referring to sites such as Insta****, Tumblr and Pinterest, she explained how being able to curate collections of fit and healthy idols can also encourage eating disorders.

She said: “These websites allow individuals to collect images of women with whom they identify or admire, essentially allowing them to cultivate their own media repertoire of highly salient thin and fit media.

‘This process of selecting preferred images and then narrowing the media focus by placing these images on their ‘boards’ may inadvertently increase the risk of developing higher levels of body dissatisfaction, as well as subsequent disordered-eating behaviors that are linked to it.”

A second study carried out by the university saw 64 students presented with pictures of 14 different women.

Each shot was paired up to show the woman with and without muscle definition — a combination that saw the pictures both deemed equally attractive.

But when one of the photos was left untouched, the results showed that the subjects found the more muscular version more attractive.

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    70%
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 08:34:02 pm »

Ha Ha, thanks 009eli....see....it's Science!

:woot:

Offline 87fg

• Activity:
    43.33%
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 01:42:48 am »
I would like to think this is a paradigm shift. It could just be a simple trend for women like aerobics or leg warmers. However, that may not be the case. Although traditional female bodybuilding may struggle, muscular women have entered the mainstream. More women are competing in sports than in previous generations. Women athletes present impressive physiques at the Olympics. The word "toned" is just another phrase for muscle. There could be a new era of female muscle being presented in different forms. I mean it seems like a logical step. If women want political, social, and economic power why would physical power not be a part of that ? This seems like the last bastion to be entered and it seems to be making progress. There are still men who object to it based on closed minded attitudes, sexist beliefs, or just the simple fact they are not used to it. The great thing is that there are also a number of men who like female muscle or just discovered it. That  is the most radical change of all. The women who build their bodies a making a bold statement even though they may not be aware of the implications. The physically strong woman is going to be a major presence in society and popular culture.

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    70%
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 03:41:24 am »
Pretty cool update from my post back in July of 2018 (see above).

This story is from last Saturday evening Jan 16th, 2021.
My neighbors daughter is a now a senior in high school and just playing soccer.
She's on the varsity team and very popular (lots of girl and guy friends).

I was at her house drinking with her mom and dad the other day.  Anyway, I overheard her talking to her soccer teamate/friend that was over and they were actually arguing over who had the buffest legs on the team.  My neighbor's daughter was arguing that she had the buffest legs while her friend thought it might be another girl on the team.  I was stoked to hear two highschool teens speaking of muscular legs on girls in such a positive way...

Maybe there's hope that this next generation of youth will find strong, muscular, powerful women more mainstream and attractive than our generation has...cheers.

Offline bertmacklinsbrother

• Activity:
    0%
  • Make Her Huge
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 10:56:29 pm »
I don't know about revolution :) (as wonderful as that would be).  But I will say that it's far easier to find acceptance given how there's an online community out there for literally everything.  Insta****, TikTok, and other social media sites have allowed people to congregate around their common interests.  There are a ton of online groups out there for women who weightlift, power lift, crossfit, and bodybuild.  I won't say that the world itself is more accepting, but I do think it's easier to find acceptance where it counts!

Online quick

• Activity:
    3.33%
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 07:40:16 am »
I will say that of my personal friends, male and female, far more of the women are active weight lifters.  It's just a part of society now.  None of them are super into fitness, but several do take it seriously.

Offline muscleluv

• Activity:
    0%
  • bigger and harder
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 05:17:08 pm »
Bodybuilding training, dieting, and roiding are coming out of the underground into the mainstream. Every single Hollywood actor is on roids. And the women are starting to be more open about getting big and strong, too. It's only a matter of time until bigger muscles on women is the mainstream. We're close. MORE MASS ALL AROUND.

Offline Nahuel-H

• Activity:
    83.33%
  • Fan of athletic and muscular women
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 11:02:52 pm »
Hello everybody
I have met many women with medium or low muscle development and they tend to be exactly like that, competitive and self-confident.
I must admit that I am a bit desperate that they are always watching their diet and that any 'little oversight' in their diet tends to worry them more. About 10 years ago I was dating a girl who competed and was always worrying about not eating 'too much', that is, not a slice of bread that was not super healthy and that limited me sometimes (I tend to be more careless in my diet).
As for the attraction theme, I in particular feel a special excitement when I see biceps, quadriceps or the marked and defined pectorals of a woman. Not to mention the calves or the buttocks that I find super exciting. I do not like that they abuse anabolics because I have seen women who have developed facial hair and voices much lower than 'normal', it is their decision, but it does not seem fair to 'cheat' when many of them have been training for years, they take care of their diet and they look beautiful.
Fan of athletic and muscular women  ---
Karma is very well received

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  Female Muscle revolution is coming!

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View