Login with username, password and session length
www.pharmacomstore.ws

gfx gfx
myogenlabs clearskypharmacy
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

gfx gfx
gfx
398655 Posts in 53442 Topics by 30636 Members - Latest Member: camilatessa July 16, 2018, 02:46:57 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  General Chat  |  How to do away with this negative stereotype
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How to do away with this negative stereotype  (Read 384 times)

Offline Warhawk Overdrive

• Golden VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
How to do away with this negative stereotype
« on: July 11, 2018, 02:23:31 am »
Here we go again

Why is it that people think that just because a woman has muscles that she is automatically going to use those muscles to get her way?? Mostly in her relationships with her man (mostly)?

I have mentioned this before but it would be nice to see women with muscle shown as just normal acting women who happen to have muscle. Not the leather wearing, man-hating, abusive, sadomasochistic, bad guy who just can't wait to put the next person in a head lock with her thighs. Or punch someone in the face.

What set me off this time was this morph I found. I know most if these are meant to be more of a joke as anything else but why can't she talk about how she uses her new muscles to lovingly hold her boyfriend even closer then she used to? Don't women with muscle ever hold hug their men close?

Now turn this around. What if there was a guy who said something like,"I used to be skinny. Now after "X" years of heavy lifting I'm 250 lbs of muscle. My girlfriend had better keep me happy or else I may have to hurt her" Would that be funny or a joke if a it was attributed to a man? I know some guys greatest fantasy is to cower at the feet of a violent muscle woman (and God bless them too) but I think it hurts the small group of muscle women who are still struggling to be accepted for how they look.

Just to be clear. There is nothing wrong with a women being stronger then her boyfriend. I'm sure a lot of guys reading this would like that. But would they want to live in constant fear that they may make her angry to the point of fearing for their safety?

IMHO

"Klingons appreciate strong women" -Lt. Worf

Online junglepet77

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    80%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Re: How to do away with this negative stereotype
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 02:51:09 am »
I dated a wrestler years ago who did videos with Joan Wise Productions. She was 5'10" (without heels) 160 or 170 lbs., a big athletic busty blonde. Not bragging but movie star gorgeous but not an FBB. I'm 6' 1" and was around 225 lbs. then in good shape so we were a good physical match.

She told me that some guys she dated treated her "like another guy" because she was so big. Another complaint she had was that a couple of guys who asked her out, and she said no. Male egos being what they are they accused her of being a transsexual. Trust me, she was all woman... And she wanted to be treated as such. I did my best and we had a long relationship. I remember fondly.

I know you can get overwhelmed by their beauty, size and power, but treat these special women with respect, like the ladies that so many of them are.

Online nujerz84

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    90%
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 11:27:00 am »
Well you had to start getting rid of the muscle fetish video scene as well as the session scene..many many years ago.

Which in my view killed the FBB division and no creation of WPD..

Online nujerz84

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    90%
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 11:52:15 am »
Also there is a stereotype that bothers me about that photo and its not the women who uses muscles to beat up her boyfriend one.  That is something guys who aren’t into muscle fantasize daily.   Guys being attracted to “strong” women who kick ass is common, be it a real person (WWE Diva or Female MMA fighter) or fictional one (tv, movies, video games, comic books).  To guys who see traditional non muscle doms.

Idk how many times I have heard guys who aren’t into fem muscles/ or sessions  say “she can kick my ass anytime”..in regards to ladies in MMA or WWE etc.  Its common and no one thinks anything of it.

The sterotype that is negative and that has more harmful effect on the sport of female muscle.. you a woman face photoshopped on a Man Body.   Guys are lusting over a man body..wishing female bodybuilders look like that (like a man in drag). 

That is a fucking disgusting negative sterotype that has hurt the female bodybuilding division almos beyond repair.

Online nujerz84

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    90%
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 11:55:14 am »
Well you had to start getting rid of the muscle fetish video scene as well as the session scene..many many years ago.

fem muscle chicks doing regular things no market for that.

Which in my view if that was to happen (no fem muscle fetish scene/sessions) it would kill the FBB division  and likely no creation of WPD..

Edit

Offline oriander2000

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 06:51:30 pm »
I agree that the stereotype has to be eradicated, but the thing is nothing - or almost anything - is done to that effect. I had  the same complaint a couple years ago, and now you just added another bit: what if a guy did the same?

Well, it did in the past: remember the Charles Atlas' advertisements? Where a guy bulked up a lot just to punch a (male) bully? Muscles mean strenght, power, dominance (hence the overabundance of fetish videos), and yes, vanity...muscles in Bodybuilding are seemed as a medium for power and not as a consequence of a healthy, athletic life, like in crossfitters, runners, or any other sports practitioners. Hell, if you asked a speed runner "would you give up your physique in order to run 1 second faster?", they would  gladly agree. Ask the same to a bodybuilder. They'll give up 5 months of life for 100 extra grams of muscle.

This is to blame also on the discipline / sport itself: most of what it's shown is: training like there's no tomorrow (making them look like obsessives), and competing...which, sorry for saying it, does not appeal to the majority of people's tastes. People like firm physiques, visible abs, solid buttocks, and women who are willing to show them...but don't expect them to express appreciation of a fbb in contest shape, onstage.

Also, what is there to look, media-wise? Are bodybuilders seemed as beautiful, intelligent...or as just a bunch of oversized muscles with no brain? The visual media is heavy on visual stereotypes and must clarify the message as quickly as possible: blonde and pretty means "dumb", young and handsome means "good", too polite and handsome means "possibly evil"...very muscular means "strenght, vapid and possibly evil".

Good post, Warhawk Overdrive. But sadly, the stereotype just keeps reinforcing itself. As long as a (in most of the cases fictional) woman bulks up and, as soon as she likes what she sees in the mirror, the first thing she does is look out for a guy to hurt...it'll live on.

Online junglepet77

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    80%
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 08:12:28 pm »
oriander2000 - Good post. And forgive me if I slightly go off the path here (notice I didn't include "beaten") but, for me, I was always attracted to strong women. Strength in terms of character and intelligence. Maybe that came from the examples in my own family in terms of character and personality. In business I tried to hire the same type of women to work with me.

In my youthful fantasies as I may have related here before I loved tall, busty blondes: Jayne Mansfield (married to bodybuilder); Anita Ekberg (Swedish blonde from "La Dolce Vita") and Joi Lansing ('50s, '60s bombshell), not to mention brunettes like Sophia Loren and Ava Gardner. Feisty, independent, healthy, intelligent women. When I turned to kink in my 20s thru 40s and then heard - saw - the gorgeous Amazons in BSDM and eventually FBB... well the transition was not that big.

In my experience with fitness, athletic and FBB women you must be a gentleman yet when engaging in sensual activities you are not dealing with physically fragile ladies. They are assertive. That's a turn-on for me.

Offline FemFlexUSA

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    23.33%
    • FemFlex
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 08:52:10 pm »
But would they want to live in constant fear that they may make her angry to the point of fearing for their safety?

That's what makes it so fucking hot.  You may have different relationship goals and that's totally ok. 
femflex.com - where beauty meets muscle
herbicepscam.com - world's best muscle webcam site

Offline NinjaStar

• Activity:
    20%
  • Intolerably bitchy
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 08:59:45 am »
Here we go again

Why is it that people think that just because a woman has muscles that she is automatically going to use those muscles to get her way?? Mostly in her relationships with her man (mostly)?

I have mentioned this before but it would be nice to see women with muscle shown as just normal acting women who happen to have muscle. Not the leather wearing, man-hating, abusive, sadomasochistic, bad guy who just can't wait to put the next person in a head lock with her thighs. Or punch someone in the face.

What set me off this time was this morph I found. I know most if these are meant to be more of a joke as anything else but why can't she talk about how she uses her new muscles to lovingly hold her boyfriend even closer then she used to? Don't women with muscle ever hold hug their men close?

Now turn this around. What if there was a guy who said something like,"I used to be skinny. Now after "X" years of heavy lifting I'm 250 lbs of muscle. My girlfriend had better keep me happy or else I may have to hurt her" Would that be funny or a joke if a it was attributed to a man? I know some guys greatest fantasy is to cower at the feet of a violent muscle woman (and God bless them too) but I think it hurts the small group of muscle women who are still struggling to be accepted for how they look.

Just to be clear. There is nothing wrong with a women being stronger then her boyfriend. I'm sure a lot of guys reading this would like that. But would they want to live in constant fear that they may make her angry to the point of fearing for their safety?

IMHO

I've been saying this for years. You can't swing a dead cat anywhere in the female muscle community without having to deal with this nonsense. Schmoes and their fantasies about being raped and abused abounds. It really does suck. If the female muscle community is a plate of spaghetti, then this obsession with violence and femdom is a giant steaming turd laying across the top of it. Unfortunately, you really love spaghetti and you're starving. You try to eat around it as best you can, even though you're probably better off ordering something else.

That's what makes it so fucking hot.  You may have different relationship goals and that's totally ok. 

That's the very definition of codependency.
I'm a weapons-grade skeptic, industrial-strength cynic, a hospital-grade bullshit detector. Logic and reasoning will be used with extreme prejudice. Your feelings are collateral damage.

Offline FemFlexUSA

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    23.33%
    • FemFlex
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 07:30:41 pm »
I've been saying this for years. You can't swing a dead cat anywhere in the female muscle community without having to deal with this nonsense. Schmoes and their fantasies about being raped and abused abounds. It really does suck. If the female muscle community is a plate of spaghetti, then this obsession with violence and femdom is a giant steaming turd laying across the top of it. Unfortunately, you really love spaghetti and you're starving. You try to eat around it as best you can, even though you're probably better off ordering something else.
If their fantasies involve consenting adults, where is the harm?  How does someone else's exploration of their fetish interests impact your enjoyment of your not-quite-related interests?  There are men who love femdom.  There are women who love femdom.  If you're not into violent femdom, why give a shit?  It's such a tiny niche within a niche of a niche that almost no one else in the world even knows these people exist. If all you love is plain spaghetti, there is plenty of it for you to enjoy. 

That's the very definition of codependency.
People are allowed to have the (informed, consenting) adult relationships they want.  If 2 (or more) people depend upon one another in a way that's enjoyable and healthy for them, that's awesome.  I wish for everyone the types of happiness that work best for them, even if it would not be my cup of tea.
femflex.com - where beauty meets muscle
herbicepscam.com - world's best muscle webcam site

Offline Duke69

• Activity:
    70%
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 08:42:43 pm »

People are allowed to have the (informed, consenting) adult relationships they want.  If 2 (or more) people depend upon one another in a way that's enjoyable and healthy for them, that's awesome.  I wish for everyone the types of happiness that work best for them, even if it would not be my cup of tea.

Thank You.

I find it bizarre that with all the little sub fetishes under this big umbrella that guys feel the need to rip on other guys kinks.  Frankly I am only into a small amount of stuff that is posted on this forum and some of the stuff other guys are into revolts me but I have no desire to try to mute what they have to say or what they are into.  I get that many guys may be revolted by my kinks but their opinions are not going to change mine.   

I have had many discussions with session girls where they told me stories of  all kinds of freaky stuff that guys want them to do that are way more out of the ordinary than what is discussed on here.  They say the requests are very frequent and Ill bet a lot of the guys on here make those kind of requests.

I think the biggest freaks and weirdos on this site are those who want to control how other guys think and behave, they have the most issues and are the most twisted of all of us.

I have heard guys outside this community comment many times variations of the "She looks like she could snap me in two, or she could snap my dick off with those thighs., or her arms are bigger than mine" when looking at racy pictures of girls.  Maybe they secretly have a fantasy of that.  If you get off on feeling that a girl can go off and hurt you if she gets in the mood than enjoy yourself with it.  It is not my thing but my thing may not be yours either.

Offline Warhawk Overdrive

• Golden VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 12:16:52 am »

I have heard guys outside this community comment many times variations of the "She looks like she could snap me in two, or she could snap my dick off with those thighs., or her arms are bigger than mine" when looking at racy pictures of girls.  Maybe they secretly have a fantasy of that.  If you get off on feeling that a girl can go off and hurt you if she gets in the mood than enjoy yourself with it.  It is not my thing but my thing may not be yours either.

Maybe I'm thinking more about changing the media perception. I know everyone has their own kink. (Not just about muscle women either). And like others here say, Two or more consenting human adults of sound mind, should be allowed to do whatever they want as long as they are not hurting anyone, for the most part. And even though the masses of peoples mind will never be changed no matter what I would like to happen, I would like to see women with muscle be used more often and when it is used for it to be seen as normal. I know this won't sound right but I would like women with muscle to be treated the same as women with big tits. or no tits. People around her would take note of her body and then move on. I don't like it when her having muscle is considered a negative thing. She has muscles so she has to be the kinky leather clad strap-on wearing blah blah. If she has muscle its because she worked hard for it and that is something to be admired, right? Isn't that how we see it? I would like for there to be less lines like this.

BTW Pepper has muscles

Pepper makes my ding-dong and my ping-pongs go into my body.
Scene changes
Can somebody help me with this keg? - Yeah, sure.
- Pepper's got it. ::::She lifts the keg with one hand:::   :::::2 people watching look dumbfounded::::::::
Scene changes back
What if she doesn't know her own strength down there, and she mushes it, or, - Be a nightmare.
- like, rips it off and throws it across the room like a hot dog?

new girl 04e09

Is there anyway to lessen this perception? (It won't happen with me just from sitting here but we are also talking fantasy here, right?) I would like to have it be gone but I know that is not going to happen.
"Klingons appreciate strong women" -Lt. Worf

Offline Unicron

• Activity:
    86.67%
  • The Planet-Eater!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 07:28:36 pm »

Which in my view killed the FBB division and no creation of WPD..

I agree. That's some of the reasons why a lot of men have the mindset of muscular women being dominant. Hollyweird also plays their part in typically making muscular women, especially bodybuilder's, look overly aggressive or dominant. Track and field athletes and gymnast's are rarely portrayed this way. As muscular as Serena Williams is, she's commonly shown in a feminine manner.

Bodybuilding has been known to produce some of the most narcissistic people in its community, hence you have men that are not only narcissistic, but also demonstrate effeminate behavior. Notice how male bodybuilder's are almost always portrayed as less aggressive than the women in television and movies. If a man has muscles, he looks great or he's intimidating. If a women has muscles, she's aggressive or domineering.

I've talked to so many FBB's and fit women a like who, despite having muscles, still feel uncomfortable in their own skin. Therefore, they try to carry themselves in the most feminine way possible. Truth is, a lot of women simply workout to create a look they feel takes their appearance to the next level and makes them look better and feel stronger. Moreover, the trend and desire to have muscles to (covertly) compete with other fit women in social media is another reason why some women are inspired to lift weights. Some women want to look the part of being muscular and attractive, but don't necessarily want the stereotypes that come along with it. Unfortunately, stereotypes are a part of the package.

With that said, women with muscles are no different than women without muscles. What sets them apart is body type and the desire to train and look or be strong. They don't lift to dominate men. That's the last thing on their minds. Muscular women are tired of being asked to arm wrestle or lift and carry someone, especially if it's at the request of a guy. They want to be recognized for having muscles and their work ethic in the gym, but don't want their muscles and level of strength to be the focal point of a conversation.