gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

gfx gfx
gfx
352415 Posts in 46433 Topics by 38667 Members - Latest Member: trickydicky February 22, 2017, 03:08:12 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  Your favourite contest?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Your favourite contest?  (Read 4860 times)

Offline RobMash

• Activity:
    100%
Your favourite contest?
« on: October 19, 2015, 03:33:54 pm »
Your favourite contest?

Online Liesbeth

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    20%
  • Pro Dancer & Fitness
    • http://www.bodybuilderfemales.com/liesbeth.htm
Re: Your favourite contest?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 05:19:03 pm »
Fitness

Offline Sar-Net

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 01:06:02 am »
I don't think we have ever really had what I would think would be my favorite contest.  I believe Female bodybuilding needs to have women who have developed their bodies to their limits with huge muscles, perfect symmetry, ripped but not shredded(Dieted to safe levels for women.), while still keeping the fact they are women and should have their hair, makeup, tanning goop. etc. done professionally.  They should have suits that fit right.  The rules of what their muscular development they should strive for should be etched in stone so that the women know exactly what to train for.

In truth we will never see a proper contest from the IFBB.  They are screwing up the twigagories just as bad as they messed up bodybuilding.  Hell the IFBB can't even get men's bodybuilding right anymore.  But the truth is the IFBB has always been a Weider promotion vehicle rather than a proper bodybuilding federation.

One of the reasons people look back on the "Golden age" (80's, mid 90's) was they got some things way better than they have lately.  Things like promotion and prize money.  Things like women looking like women.  Things like not dieting to insane levels.  Things like the women having their hair, makeup, etc. done up right.

Now something else the Golden age had and that is most of the women were something special.  Many were flat out beautiful, now I'm not saying that there are not beautiful women in bodybuilding today because there are but today with the unhealthy dieting much of what these women possess today is hidden by over dieting to unhealthy levels.  Women and men are different, women can not diet to as low a level as a man and still be healthy, so the dieting levels need to be set right for each set so they stay healthy at contest time.  It was also something with the women back then working out to create a body they wanted.  In the past there were few people telling the women to do stupid things like over dieting, or using things like creatine supplements improperly thereby creating bloated guts, etc. 

Now many will tell you the big problem today in women's bodybuilding is steroids, but the simple fact is steroids are used by Fitness women, Physique women and I'll bet quite a few of the really tiny Bikini women.  Steroids are used by people in all sorts of sports, etc.   And while they do have some problems, they are not as big a factor as over dieting and improper use of supplements.

Now we in the USA have a big problem with steroids in that they are illegal except as prescription medications.  This puts a big problem out there and that is there is no way you really know what you are getting from an illegal source.

Anyway until we have a proper federation even the twigagories, let alone women's bodybuilding are going to be a mess.

Offline M7

• Activity:
    96.67%
  • never too big for me
    • imagevenue
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 07:50:53 am »
So well said Sar-Net. I'm not sure you could hit the nail on the head anymore accurately than that. I'm going to have to give you repeated karma for that post.  :clap:

Offline Saradas.Org

• Ordem e Progresso
  • Admin
  • Lurker
  • Activity:
    100%
  • I ♥ Saradas
    • I ♥ Saradas
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 12:53:44 pm »

I Saradas 

FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Offline hwillish

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    6.67%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 08:53:15 pm »
I take this question in a little different light.  I think we all agree that the state of women's bodybuilding is in a mess...especially  for the "older ladies" who really feel that they've been abandoned.

Thus, Gary Udit's NPC Masters in Pittsburgh during the summer keeps the dream alive for many.  The classes begin with 35+ on up.    And this year he had 1 lady  in the 65+ class and several in the 55+ class.

Kudos to Gary for doing his part in keeping the dream alive.  And then kudos to Wings of Strength for keeping the Pro Division alive from there on...after all the 55+ division today can seem to be the 35+ division of only a few years ago!!!

Offline posecrab

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    13.33%
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 03:24:41 am »
I think you should also throw in Bodybuilding (Golden Age) vs Bodybuilding (Today) vs Physique.

Offline khuddle

• Activity:
    56.67%
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 03:36:44 pm »
Agree with everything Sar_Net said, and I would add another thing: the golden age was the last time we saw YOUNG female
bodybuilders competing. Whatever happened to female bodybuilders in their 20s or early 30s, in the prime of their physical lives?
Now days I would say the average age of fbbs at a typical pro show is 45. Not that they don't look good, but it really is sad to the
complete extinction of young female bodybuilders in our present age.

Offline fitgirlfanguy

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    30%
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 01:17:26 pm »
Agree with everything Sar_Net said, and I would add another thing: the golden age was the last time we saw YOUNG female
bodybuilders competing. Whatever happened to female bodybuilders in their 20s or early 30s, in the prime of their physical lives?
Now days I would say the average age of fbbs at a typical pro show is 45. Not that they don't look good, but it really is sad to the
complete extinction of young female bodybuilders in our present age.

I totally agree with Sar_Net as well.  And more to your point, khuddle, it's something I've noticed as well.  The top pro FBBs are largely the same ones that have been around for 10+ years.  Oriquen, Bello, Envall (even with her long hiatus) have all been pros for 15 years or more.  Back in the 90s, most of the pros were in their late 20s, early 30s.  Lenda won her Ms. O titles right in that age range.  Oriquen is going to be 50 years old next month, Laszewski and LeFrancois have also been pro for around 20 years, and at smaller shows like the Toronto Pro show, you've got gals like Amanda Aivaliotis and Laura Carolan coming out of the woodwork to step onstage. 

It doesn't bode well for the FBB category and FBB as a paradigm of muscle when potential youngsters such as Shannon Courtney, Rene Marven and Kim Perez (a stretch too, she's been around nearly a decade herself) don't seem to be competing any time soon, if ever again.  When the current pros retire, there won't be many left to carry the torch.   :'(

Offline Tin Nuts

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 12:00:30 am »
My favorite: Rising Phoenix.  Change is in the air.

Offline taedea67

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    10%
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 02:15:10 pm »
I definitely agree with Sar_Net and khuddle.  Based on that, why they don't create a Classic Female Bodybuilding division to bring back the Golden Age look using the same mandatory poses as current IFBB Pro events.  it would definitely attract more women from early 20's to compete in a healthy environment.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Tastes and opinions of Saradas members  |  Your favourite contest?

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx