Login with username, password and session length
clearskypharmacy

gfx gfx
www.pharmacomstore.ws
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

gfx gfx
gfx
413223 Posts in 56104 Topics by 30050 Members - Latest Member: 101jenks101 October 21, 2018, 10:08:06 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  General Chat  |  How would you remake the bionic woman tv show?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How would you remake the bionic woman tv show?  (Read 1053 times)

Offline gwhh

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    16.67%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
How would you remake the bionic woman tv show?
« on: April 05, 2018, 10:24:27 pm »
I've been watch reruns of the old bionic TV show.  I remember how awful the remake of that show was about 10 years.  What made the first show so good and the remake so awful?

What made the first one so great and the 2nd one so awful  How would you remake the Bionic Woman TV show for today?

Offline bobsaget

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    10%
Re: How would you remake the bionic woman tv show?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 01:18:18 am »
It would be hard to do and make it good. Take Jesica Jones for instance. That is pretty much a bionic woman rip off. Its just a drama with "Oh by the way I am super strong" thrown in to keep fanbois interested

Offline mangodebango

• Activity:
    46.67%
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 11:36:57 am »
I think it would be hard to re-launch the showamong current programming. I never saw the remake but I'm fairly familiar with the original series.

It might be better as a movie franchise in the same vein as Wonder Woman.

Offline bruce321

• Lurker
  • Lurker
  • Activity:
    53.33%
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 09:15:06 pm »
When it first came out, TV shows of that nature were relatively new. But with the explosion of superhero movies and the spillover into TV, we're at the point where the super-strong character isn't even the main focus any longer. They tend to be part of a team. So the success of any relaunch is going to be dependent on the quality of the production more so than the concept.

Personally, I didn't find the Jessica Jones character all that interesting. But what sold me was the villain Kilgrave and his mind control powers. That was new, intelligently explored, and genuinely scary. If I recall the Bionic Woman remake correctly, the protagonist was another bionic woman. Boring! While a story arc is expected nowadays, your character also needs fresh adventures. They put resources into the remake, the writing killed it.

The biggest change I'd suggest, is to make the bionic implants modular. The original set of powers made the bionic woman a one trick pony. How many uses can you come up with for super-hearing? I'd like to see a James Bond style Q character who could outfit her with different tools, weapons, and sensors depending on the mission.

Offline ilovefbbs95

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 08:15:19 pm »
no "strong girl" tv show is ever gonna make the girl buff enough to interest me, ffs Wonder Woman is a string bean

Offline bobsaget

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    10%
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 02:04:25 am »
 :laugh:
no "strong girl" tv show is ever gonna make the girl buff enough to interest me, ffs Wonder Woman is a string bean

Yes indeed. the last wonderwoman reboot had her as buffer and bustier. Main stream just are not ready for buff women centre stage. Can you imagine how they would cast a She Hulk film? The buffest women get put in the background while the skinny waifs get the limelite. Nemisis with Sue Price was the last feature I remember with a buff heroine....

Offline 87fg

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    26.67%
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 12:54:28 am »
It would probably be a better series set in the future. A contemporary setting would not have the series as believable. I think also a woman who have to have some significant muscularity or athleticism to be the new bionic woman. I mean if this is a bionic person made possible through transhumanism they should look like it to an extent. The writing should by equal emphasis on story and character development. There has to be conflict between human and machine within the plot. If done properly, it could be a remake on the level of Battlestar Galactica  . This remake should be a SYFY channel production; they are able to produce high quality shows.

Offline sa2009

• Activity:
    86.67%
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 02:16:47 am »
I think it would be hard to re-launch the showamong current programming. I never saw the remake but I'm fairly familiar with the original series.

It might be better as a movie franchise in the same vein as Wonder Woman.

I'am just opposite lol  i know who the 2 actors are from the original 70's version . But never watched it , as a bit before my time . But saw the one starring Sandra Bullock , i believe it was from very late 80's . One of her first films . Not too bad
I Saradas 

FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Offline gokuman7

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    6.67%
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 04:22:24 pm »
One you make the character likeable and two the series should NOT be a dark and gritty. It doesn't have to take itself seriously all the time.
I Saradas 

FOR V.I.P. FORUMS ACCESS

Offline Bugenhagen

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    23.33%
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 11:20:01 am »
Modular bionics actually sounds really cool.

I think a fun way to go about a Bionic Woman reboot is to set it in a world where bionic superheroes have been around forever. Not the norm perse, but possibly even this character being a legacy. Like the 2nd or 3rd Bionic woman.

Let's use OG footage for previous generations and have some old heads either trying to get back in the game or aging badly due to the trauma and strain. This Bionic Woman would be a respected, public superhero rather than someone trying to hide their abilities or live a "normal life." God how boring is that at his point.

I'd want to see a Bionic Woman that got to really go out and do cool stuff without trying to hide, but had to deal with being in the limelight and giving orders to newer heroes etc.

Offline 87fg

• Lurker
  • Activity:
    26.67%
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 12:17:50 am »
One you make the character likeable and two the series should NOT be a dark and gritty. It doesn't have to take itself seriously all the time.

Your right, sometimes there can be a middle ground between regular action and serious drama. Everything does not have to be a cycle of tragedy all the time. It never hurts to add at least some comedy to action as long as there is balance. The revival could add some comedic elements of how the bionic woman functions in daily life or hiding her abilities.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  General Chat  |  How would you remake the bionic woman tv show?

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View