Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advertising

gfx gfx
steroidify parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
574175 Posts in 72927 Topics by 28775 Members - Latest Member: edman10 April 20, 2024, 01:21:27 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding and Physique Athletes - Gossip & News and Events & Pictures  |  Daniela Anicic - Australian Bodybuilder
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Daniela Anicic - Australian Bodybuilder  (Read 7194 times)

AMG lite

Daniela Anicic - Australian Bodybuilder
« on: March 18, 2010, 09:55:13 am »
Daniela Anicic - Australian Bodybuilder

Some Info about DANIELA:

Where and when were you born?
Born on the 19/02/1983 – Sydney, Australia

What is your profession?
I have completed my Arts/Law degree and now am a Solicitor. I am also in the process of becoming an accredited personal trainer, which I hope to be able to use in the future. My career aspirations have always been directed at a barrister or solicitor, but as I mature my vision is more toward a humanitarian role in the community. A particular interest is Indigenous legal affairs and social policy.

Were you involved in sports or fitness prior to bodybuilding and how did you get started with weight training?
I was very passionate about tennis for any years. However, it was not until I gained a lot of weight that I began my bodybuilding interest. I was always intrigued with muscle, although it took some time before I gained the courage to pursue it. The nature of bodybuilding seems to go against what society tells us a woman should be like and for about two years I struggled with the idea of putting weight on! But it was certainly worth it.

Was it a goal for you to compete in bodybuilding competitions right from the beginning or was it something that grew in your mind as time went on and you saw the progress in your body?
I always have wanted to step on stage and have attempted twice but not succeeded. Apart of me was very devastated each time but another was quietly glad I have not yet. I am spending this time learning about my body and developing it into a piece of art. It has been a very very personal and challenging journey, in fact; I could go so far as to say I believe I compete with myself every time I get into the gym. It has taken almost 2-3 years before I have gotten to this stage…

Can you give me your competition history?
I was sponsored last year to enter into the WNBF but with everything that was in my plate at the time I had to let go of something! In the end, I actually ended up resigning from work and quitting the competition after all that work. This low point in my life served as an amazing experience and inspired me to follow my own path rather than that which others feel I should.

Which contest has been your biggest success; which has had the most meaning to you?
My contest, as I said, is getting in the gym and lifting heavy and hard. Actually, I have gained respect from the ‘big men’ in the gym and this has been very rewarding, although I never set out for this result. I love that I can squat and deadlift well above my weight and can’t even afford supplements or protein powder! I have used my mind and soul to develop the physique I now have.

Please tell me something about your training routine (ie: how many days per week / training split /cardio, etc.)
I have found that I have to train smart and intense. This usually involves about 4-5 really good sessions per week. Rest is important for my body and mind and I find with correct diet and nutrition I am able to recover and build more muscle. Every week differs, the routine, the reps and the sets but at the moment this is a general split for me:

Sunday: Quads and Calves
Monday: Back and Arms + 4 km sprint
Tuesday: off/or 30 mins HIT cardio
Wednesday: Shoulders/Hamstrings and 4-6km fast sprint
Thursday: Chest and 5km sprint
Friday: Back/Arms again
Sat: off

I focus more on sprinting and interval treadmill work. If I do long cardio or anything over 40 mins – I am flat and loose muscle too quickly. I find I am leaner with high reps and heavy weights. I do a lot of super sets, drop sets and big lifting as well, to break it up. I don’t have a lot of patience to wait for the next set!

What is your favorite exercise in the gym and which one you don’t like so much?
Favourite would have to be dead lifts and squats. The least favourite is anything for chest…I just find it boring to work but am getting my head around it as it is developing well now.

Which body part is your best in your opinion?
Legs at the moment…but I have been working quiet hard on upper body and I feel like my back is developing quiet well

If you don’t mind would you give me some stats (best lifts and some body measurements)?
Squat: 120kgs
Deadlift: 130kgs
Bench: 70kgs

Measurements: I currently am weighing 57kgs with a bout 15% body fat…and am lifting the heaviest I have ever lifted. I am a size 6 Australian which is pretty much the smallest dress size! I am very happy with my symmetry

What do you enjoy about training for competition....what do you enjoy about the 'off season'?
Actually I realised that there really is no “off season” for me anymore…there was once but I actually like the discipline and challenge of eating clean all year round and working out hard every week…although this is wearing me out sometimes. This strict regime forces me to develop a strong and focused mindset. When I was competing I hated all the cardio, its boring and does nothing for me! I am quiet surprised how my body reacts now…

Please describe a typical day in the life of Daniela Anicic.
I am a creature of habit. A typical day will be getting up early 6-7.30am, eating a good breakfast, oats and protein shake, or egg whites and oats…then going for my morning long black at the coffee shop and reading for about an hour. I then come home and sit all day and study! Law is a constant thing…I study full time so I don’t really have much time for anything else. I then prepare at about 3.30pm for the gym, mentally and physically. I go to the gym from about 4.00-6.00pm and push myself hard. Weekends are pretty much the same…

Please tell me about what you do when you don’t work out (hobbies, what do you do to relax?, etc.)
I don’t “relax” much…my hobby and passion is bodybuilding. I have realised that this is not a sport but a lifestyle. I do enjoy the odd dinner out to Thai, but I really just crave a good workout and the feeling after. I enjoy coffee and journaling, but both are used to study my degree and journal about my training! Weird I know…

What do you enjoy most about the bodybuilding/fitness lifestyle?
The fact that I am different to next person. Bodybuilding is there for everyone, but not everyone can be a bodybuilder! It takes a lot more than lifting a few weights to get yourself to look like this

Tell me something interesting about yourself, something people may be surprised to hear.
I have a deep love for God and wanted to become a nun. I also wanted to become head of the United Nations and I have been overweight and anorexic!…I am not angry like people think I am in the gym…I use to compose my own piano songs…I was told I should have been on television…

What are your competition goals or personal future goals?
Yes I would love to compete. Actually I spend most sessions running thinking about it. But I don’t have the finances to do this at the moment. I would love to develop my own website and have a sponsor, but if none of these things eventuate I am content just to continue on this wonderful journey. My personal future goals involve establishing a career but more importantly dedicating my life to helping others, in whatever I do. I have come to realise what truly matters.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Female Bodybuilding and Physique Athletes - Gossip & News and Events & Pictures  |  Daniela Anicic - Australian Bodybuilder

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View