Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
parapharma

gfx gfx
Advertising steroidify
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572432 Posts in 72081 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: ezbrbtv March 28, 2024, 08:10:22 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  R.I.P. Arminda "Latia" Del Riviero
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: R.I.P. Arminda "Latia" Del Riviero  (Read 11764 times)

Offline RobMash

• Activity:
    0%
R.I.P. Arminda "Latia" Del Riviero
« on: March 01, 2011, 01:03:00 am »

I Saradas

Forum Saradas

Offline polchak

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    53.33%
Re: R.I.P. Arminda "Latia" Del Riviero
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 02:13:41 pm »

Online Old Surehand

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 12:59:10 pm »
According to her friend and fellow Canadian bodybuilder, Dawn Alison, Latia died of a heart attack 10-31-2018. She was 53. More details as we get them.

Offline sa2009

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 07:52:13 am »
Heard about this also on social media . Very sad news  :'(   

herbicepscam.com - Video chat with female bodybuilders, physique models and fitness athletes 24/7/365!

Offline percycathardcore

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 10:18:09 pm »
So sad. RIP

I remember seeing Latia in magazines in the 90s and she really stood out. So exotic. She seemed to get a second wind with her career a few years back

Offline polyglot

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 10:30:29 pm »
Arminda Del Riviero

To ancient me, that she is dead is a surprise, but maybe not.

When you see a photo of her, her facial expression reveals that she was open, friendly and adventurous.  I don’t remember when I first met her, but it was not long after she was out of high school.  She was nervous about having photos taken at that time, but quickly warmed up to the idea.

I recall another FBB telling me (scandalously) that Arminda was a “dancer”.  Not surprising and I didn’t care as that particular FBB had two sisters who also were “dancers”.

Arminda was always surprising, though.  She told me that she had had bit parts in several television program episodes.  Usually as a “dancer”.  She later was a stand-in for Robin Givens in a TV movie.  I believed that she would have been better served heading in this direction, rather than try to pump herself up to be a heavyweight FBB.  Ocean Bloom, for example, became a stunt woman and had plenty of work in that area.

At one time she became interested in Numerology and accordingly changed her name.  She told me that she had done it legally, but I suspect not.  She said her new name was Latia LaPre.  Her family, whom I did meet, were devout Catholics from the Phillipines.

The dark side of Arminda was her association with people involved in organized crime.  Mostly Hell’s Angels.  I recall “Pete the Greek” telling me that the local Hell’s Angels Treasurer bought his gym (Olympic Gym where Carla Temple originated) for $600,000 cash in a briefcase.  The MC owned several local gyms and perhaps that’s how Arminda connected with them.

One time she invited me to a dinner in a restaurant with some Wannabes present.  Amazing stories of violence, jail, etc.  I suspect that Arminda did some work for the Hell’s Angels, or perhaps associated criminal gangs.  She was often away – Holland, France, NYC, Mexico, etc.  She never told me what she did on these trips, but did brag about speaking several languages.  She also had some friends who were in jail and whom she visited regularly.

On one occasion when she returned from NYC, she brought back a good-looking big erstwhile BB.  Italian.  6’ 2”, 240 pounds.  Right out of “The Godfather”.  He told me that his uncle was “made” and controlled truck traffic to and from LaGuardia Airport.  He had done something “bad” and he was going to stay in Vancouver until things cooled down.  He stayed with her for about a year, then returned to NYC.

Another boyfriend was a giant 265-pound BB whose father was a University professor.  He himself had musical ability, a level 10 on the piano.  However he was busted for steroid trafficking.  Shortly afterwards, while out on bail, he was found dead in a park, having apparently shot himself in the head.  Arminda never believed that.  She thought that there were people who were afraid that this person was going to rat on them and put out a contract on him.

She told me that the person who controlled drug trafficking in this area (a big area – northwest USA and western Canada) was a “Mexican”.  She said that when he visited Vancouver she had to go out with him.  She never said what his name was.

Periodically she said her life was “too exciting” and she sought out someone who had a mundane job so that she could relax for a year or two.

When Fitness started up in the NPC, I told her she should get into that area, but she wouldn’t entertain the idea, even though her greatest on stage strength was her movement and posing.  She wanted to get BIG.  Like Colette Guimond who had beaten her out for the Canadian Championships in the Lightweight class.  Ditto WRT Laura Binetti, who beat her out in another year.  The last time I saw her she said she weighed about 145, but still wanted to get BIGGER.  She would phone me occasionally, but I didn’t return her enthusiasm.  I felt that she had made too many wrong choices and that she could have been much better off in other areas of entertainment.

In one of her last phone calls, she said she was going to write an autobiography.  Considering what I knew of her, what I suspected and likely the many things of which I was in the dark, it could have been an interesting tome.  Hopefully not too exciting.  Not heartstopping, as it were.

PS.  I have many photos of her, but none is on a link website.  I do have several thousand photos posted on Flickr in another field of interest (speak many tongues, do I), but no FBB ones.  This website doesn’t permit direct uploads, only links.  So I’ve never posted any photos here – although others have done so with old scans I did many years ago.

Offline xepha

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 02:46:29 am »
Amazing post Polyglot, thank you, K+
User is currently banned [View]

Offline tarzan7

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 12:24:21 pm »
Amazing post Polyglot, thank you, K+

I completely agree. Her eyes in many of these pics are haunting. She saw a lot, and knew a lot... polyglot’s post makes that clear.

Offline Female Bodybuilding

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    100%
  • Rock Hard Muscles
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 01:12:25 pm »
PS.  I have many photos of her, but none is on a link website.  I do have several thousand photos posted on Flickr in another field of interest (speak many tongues, do I), but no FBB ones.  This website doesn’t permit direct uploads, only links.  So I’ve never posted any photos here – although others have done so with old scans I did many years ago.

Legendary photographer Polyglot, thanks for your amazing post!

Here you can find tutorial for posting images.

I Saradas

Offline darthfury78

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2020, 06:17:45 am »
I had no idea that Latia died. So sad.

Offline dad123

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 12:08:45 am »
then who is making money from her video's on Clips4sale?

Offline tarzan7

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 02:27:02 am »
KARMA... Gorgeous woman. So sad. So, so sad.

Offline charmingcarl

• Activity:
    16.67%
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2022, 08:56:27 pm »
Just found this thread.  Absolutely gorgeous woman. RIP.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  R.I.P. Arminda "Latia" Del Riviero

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View