Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
parapharma Advertising
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572759 Posts in 72114 Topics by 28629 Members - Latest Member: LividPancake March 29, 2024, 08:19:06 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  UK and Ireland Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Figure, Bikini, Wellness and Fitness  |  Linda Gartside
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Linda Gartside  (Read 36572 times)

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
Linda Gartside
« on: February 01, 2013, 08:52:22 pm »
NABBA Figure competitor, UK.
"In 2010 I began a journey that would change the way I feel about myself forever."

Who would have thought that the dumpy wallflower with an eating disorder, that the bullies loved to pick on would be inspired by her idol Arnold Schwarzenegger via a book called 'the education of a bodybuilder' at the age of 15 and have her dream come true and compete one day!

Linda's words: ''I've never been in the 'in crowd' always been a wall flower, & never seemed to fit in to anything, because of this I was bullied throughout junior & senior school. so for me weight training seemed the perfect past time.

23 yrs passed & a new gym had opened up near me, I joined and this is where I found what I wanted, I wanted to compete. I set a momentous task, I wanted to be on stage by the time I was 40.''

She trained like a demon with one aim in sight that by 2010 she would be on that stage. Searching for a prep guy that she could gel with she stumbled across a guy called Ken 'Skip' Hill from Colorado whom has turned out to be invaluable to her.

A 20 wk diet was set & in January 2010, it commenced aiming for NABBA NW in May.

4 wks into the diet Linda was hit  from behind by a 26 tonne truck in her job as a driving instructor, the diet had to cease.  Sights had to be set on another competition.

On September 26th 2010 that wallflower came alive at the NABBA England in the trained figure class and took second place. Four weeks later on October 23rd 2010 she stepped on the NABBA UK stage and took first place and then one week later on October 30th NABBA Universe and placed fifth in the competition.

With only 2 months off-season she had to prepare for the NABBA British Finals on 28th May 2011 where unbelievable to her she took first place in class 2-trained figure and then won the overall to become the British Champion 2011 and only 2 weeks later on the 11th June 2011 in Sao Paulo Brazil at the NABBA World Championships she placed fifth amongst seasoned competitors.

Each time Linda stepped on stage her goal was not to win but to prove to the bullies & her eating disorder that they had not won!

People that don't know Linda very well are unaware that she is a successful business woman working at her own driving instructor company & the mother of 2 fabulous children that she has brought up single handily. She has a 2nd degree black belt in Taekwondo, & a qualified Holistic Therapist.

Linda's words: "I work with a very close network of supportive friends They are all my rocks, which have made a mountain & my Dream to Compete come true. When I compete they are with me on that stage and without them it would mean nothing.

"Juggling everything is tasking but you only get one crack at life, so you may as well enjoy it to the full and you can't keep me down for long.

"Yes I've struggled having an eating disorder but after stepping off stage in Brazil I underwent hypnotherapy and regression therapy off a world leading clinical hypnotherapist Chris Wynne Jones.

"The therapy has worked as I no longer hide behind food and next time I'm on stage I will be better... the best is yet to come''

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
Re: Linda Gartside
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 08:54:10 pm »
Name: Linda Gartside

Star Sign: Cancer

Residency: UK

Height: 1.63m

Contest Weight:134lbs

Off Season Weight:165lbs

Nickname: Linny

Favourite body part to train: Back

Worst body part to train: Calves, I cramp up really quickly.

Training: I'm currently in the process of building my shape to be more aesthetically pleasing to the eye by doing a split over a 3 week period, focussing on building more detail in my quads, a wider v taper, & the most lacking part is my shoulders,which now have a dedicated day of their own.

Influential BodyBuilder: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Best Part of Competing: Knowing full well that I have beaten my family history of obesity :)

Achievements in Trained Figure Class 2: 

2010 NABBA England 2nd
    2010 NABBA UK 1st
    2010 NABBA Universe 5th
    2011 NABBA British Finals 1st & 1st place overall
    2011 NABBA World Championships Brazil 5th

Titles: Miss UK 2010, Miss Great Britain & Overall Champion 2011

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 08:57:30 pm »

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 09:05:50 pm »

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 09:13:52 pm »

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 09:33:11 pm »

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 01:15:55 pm »

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 01:21:51 pm »

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 01:22:35 pm »

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 01:32:28 pm »
Every picture posted so far here (no clips, too big)
http://www.mediafire.com/?9itcoh559834s56

LinnyG

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 05:13:14 am »
This was a pleasant surprise to find myself on here  :clap:

Linny

LinnyG

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 08:40:22 am »
Thank you :) was surprised to find my pictures on here, hopefully the Worlds debut in Italy in June will be a cracker!

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 09:28:48 am »
This was a pleasant surprise to find myself on here  :clap:

Linny
Thanks for dropping by Linny! I am always on the look out for the best FBB's here in he UK, but unfortunately, coverage is so poor of UK FBB's. But, of course, you caught my eye, and having you visit the forum, is the icing on the cake!
Will we see you again in competition soon, in a UK competition? It will be fantastic to see coverage of you at the Worlds, again, often not covered particularly well by the media, sadly.
Best wishes, and thanks again for being such an ambassador for FBB in the UK .
Timmon.

LinnyG

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 08:30:55 pm »

Thanks for dropping by Linny! I am always on the look out for the best FBB's here in he UK, but unfortunately, coverage is so poor of UK FBB's. But, of course, you caught my eye, and having you visit the forum, is the icing on the cake!
Will we see you again in competition soon, in a UK competition? It will be fantastic to see coverage of you at the Worlds, again, often not covered particularly well by the media, sadly.
Timmon.
For the time being It'll be Italy in June for competing, I will post some pictures for you when I return, & thank you for being so kind :) x

Offline Timmon

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 07:48:36 am »

Timmon.
For the time being It'll be Italy in June for competing, I will post some pictures for you when I return, & thank you for being so kind :) x
My Pleasure Linny! Pics of you in Italy would be unbelievable, many thanks. In the meantime, let's celebrate your NABBA Universe victory in 2012, Miss Figure Trained Class 2.

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  UK and Ireland Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Figure, Bikini, Wellness and Fitness  |  Linda Gartside

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View