Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
Advertising parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
573617 Posts in 72724 Topics by 28710 Members - Latest Member: Trev0rs April 16, 2024, 04:43:16 am
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Asian Muscle  |  Sinhala (Sri Lankan) Bodybuilder Girls
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sinhala (Sri Lankan) Bodybuilder Girls  (Read 77376 times)

Offline ravi777

• Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Re: Sinhala (Sri Lankan) Bodybuilder Girls
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2022, 10:39:15 am »
Discussing her diet, Prof. Vithanage stated that she did not maintain a strict diet at the beginning as she was already underweight and wanted to gain some weight. However, given the competitive nature of her bodybuilding now, she shared that she has eliminated certain food items such as refined sugars from her diet. “I focus a lot on healthy meals. A lot of my meals are very simple and easy to make at home, but are very healthy. I have completely cut down on eating out as much as possible, except on rare occasions. I am proud of myself for changing certain aspects of my lifestyle and standing by my goals,” she expressed. She also extended her gratitude to Revolucion Fitness Studios in Kandy, CEO Harsha Ratnayake, and all the trainers for their help, support, and sponsorship that has been given to both her and her husband.

Prof. Vithanage further added that all the stigma surrounding female bodybuilders in Sri Lanka is a motivation for her to take to the stage and represent female bodybuilders, and that therefore, she will be participating in competitions in the future too.

The socially predetermined female physique

“Sri Lankan society has not been exposed to the evolution of female bodybuilders. The first female bodybuilders came from the US in the 1970s and the first show was introduced in the 1980s. Even at the time, Sri Lanka was not exposed to muscular women,” Prof.Vithanage stated. The championship title holder also added that because of how Sri Lanka appreciates the quintessential feminine body image, but not a muscular one, most women here who train and are fitness enthusiasts, still maintain the norm and stay away from building muscle mass, or getting into competitive bodybuilding.

Forum Saradas

« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2022, 10:39:15 am »

Offline ravi777

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2022, 10:42:59 am »
“It is perfectly alright for women to get on a stage in bikinis and high heels for fashion-related purposes. But if they get on stage as bodybuilders, they are immediately labelled ‘manly’ and shunned,” Prof. Vithanage stated, stressing that the lack of education on the subject, as well as the many misperceptions have created a heavy amount of stigmatisation towards these athletes. This stigmatisation, according to the athlete, has also stopped women from exercising in some cases, because they are afraid of putting on muscle.

“I would say that even men are frowned upon for having pronounced muscles, but women are stigmatised. I have had people call me ugly too because I have muscles, and because my body has changed from when I was underweight,” Prof. Vithanage shared. She further added that while the Bodybuilding Federation of Sri Lanka is a very supportive organisation, they too, are challenged by this stigmatisation that is levelled at female bodybuilders by the rest of our society.

Discussing the matter of whether or not working out would impact the fertility of women, Prof. Vithanage shared that the issues with infertility can happen regardless of whether or not one works out. Many women have higher levels of testosterone due to genetics, stress factors, external contributors, or other issues with their hormones.

Offline ravi777

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2022, 10:44:56 am »
“There is no relationship between fertility and bodybuilding in women. My choice to not have children is my choice and has nothing to do with my bodybuilding or fertility. I recently had a doctor advise me to have children and ask me to stop bodybuilding. This is all because we are not interested in researching and dealing with facts. We would much rather conform and follow baseless misunderstandings,” she noted.

Chasing dreams

Being an academic, Prof. Vithanange’s decision to also pursue competitive bodybuilding is a polar opposite to her everyday field of work and study. Discussing the impact of fitness and bodybuilding on her life, the championship holder stated that it imbibed a sense of drive and discipline in her that has helped her greatly, in addition to improving her mental and emotional health at the same time.

Sharing a message with aspiring bodybuilders, Prof. Vithanage stated: “Always listen to your trainer. This is the most important rule. I listen to my husband who is my trainer. I do not go and follow other trainers as I wish, or watch YouTube videos. If you want results, and no injuries (or at least avoid injuries), follow your trainer religiously. I have been working for 2.5 years and I have sustained no injuries so far.”

Offline ravi777

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2022, 10:46:46 am »
Wrapping up our conversation, the competitive bodybuilder, senior lecturer, and athlete shared a message to all women out there, irrespective of their background, or passion. “Do what makes you happy. I am doing what I love, regardless of the stigma because I believe in practising what I preach. Don’t give into the pressure coming at you from others. This is all about being strong both in mind and in body. Read, research, and chase your dreams,” she concluded.

Offline ravi777

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2022, 12:39:20 pm »
Kumi Jinadasa

Offline ravi777

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2022, 12:46:14 pm »
Cover Story: Power Woman - Kumi Jinadasa

AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook
FacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to EmailEmailShare to More
More

A Canadian by birth but a Sri Lankan at heart, vivacious Kumi Jinadasa’s aspirations stretch to outer space. Quite literally, this amazing power woman is a mission manager for various space programmes at the Canadian Space Agency, where she began her career as a robotics instructor. Armed with a degree in mechanical and aerospace engineering from the prestigious McGill university, Kumi even applied to go to Space. Fostering an interest in science, Kumi’s dreams to work in engineering came true and her career progression has seen her work at one of Canada’s most high profile engineering establishments Pratt and Whitney before joining the Canadian Space Agency.

Her dynamism extends to the field of sport where Kumi has won numerous awards for body building. A sports buff, Kumi always had an affinity towards sports but when an injury struck she turned body building. Her highly toned and sculpted body sling with her competitive spirit has earned the respect of her peers in the field. Barriers do not exist for Kumi who is a firm believer that one must reach for the stars and in her case she is almost halfway there.
Where were you born?

Montreal, Québec, Canada.
What swayed you to pursue a career in engineering?

At a young age, I became fascinated by the stars, where they are and understanding if there are limits to our Universe. Although, as a child I didn’t quite understand that these concepts were all related to engineering, my interests guided me throughout my schooling.
Why specifically robotics?

Robotics is Canada’s main contribution to the International Space Station.
How difficult was it to get into the Canadian Space Agency?

It wasn’t easy, that’s for sure! The interview process consisted of multiple tests and interviews. The entire process took one year.
What does your job there entail?

I currently work as a Mission Manager coordinating projects on the International Space Station (ISS). My job combines project management and an operations engineering skill set.
What is it like to interact with the other astronauts?

It’s incredible to work with such dedicated, motivated people. They inspire me every day.
Would you consider attempting a journey into space?

I have tried! I applied to the Canadian Astronaut Recruitment Campaign in 2016.
What role did sports play in your career?

It kept me from going crazy throughout my engineering degree with all the exams and studying!! Now, it just feels like a part of me. I feel ‘off’ when I don’t train. In my career, I would say that it allows me time to alleviate any mental stress and fatigue and is a form of mindfulness when connecting mind to muscle!
What made you switch to body building?

With such a busy schedule, I needed a sport that could work around my life. I stopped training completely for almost a year before. I was miserable and didn’t like what I had become physically, which caused me a lot of personal stress and feeling not myself. That’s when my husband suggested bodybuilding. He used to compete many years ago and knew it would be something I would fall in love with. He wasn’t wrong!
What is its appeal?

It encompasses both strength and glamour. The physical beauty of the sport all developed from hours of being a sweaty mess!
How long have you been training for?

Bodybuilding weight lifting specifically – 2 years.
What advice would you give to someone who might feel intimated to lift weights?

Just go for it!!! Don’t feel intimidated, we all were beginners at one point. It’s honestly the best thing you can do for yourself, I promise you. At the Ottawa Classic Natural Regional competition, you were awarded 1st place in both the Open and Overall Bikini Champion.
How does the bikini division differ from other divisions of the competition?

At regional and national shows we are divided by height so there are usually at least 4 classes which are called Open, then the winners of each Open class get to compete for the overall title.
Can you please describe your training regimen?

During off-season, I’m weight training with my coach Aaron Gachuz twice a week and complete 3 weight lifting sessions on my own. I have 2 sessions of cardio per week of 30mins. In preparation for a competition, the weight lifting sessions will remain but I will add cardio 5-7x per week and increase to up to 60mins sessions.
And what is your diet like?

On a regular basis I’m eating chicken, rice, veggies, sweet potatoes, apples, bananas, fish, eggs, oatmeal and COFFEE! I supplement with Quattro Protein powder and Glutamine every single day. I also use the muscle building products from Magnum like the big C creatine, Hard Muscle Builder, and natural fat burners (Heat, Carne Diem, and After Burner). I only consume high quality pharmaceutical grade Magnum products. They are the best!
What advice would you give to a person wanting to take their gym routine to the next level?

For 2 seasons I competed with only my own knowledge of how to build myself in the gym. Now having teamed up with coach Aaron Gachuz, my workouts are at the next level! I’ve never trained more intensely, more focused or more effectively in my entire life.
As an active competitor, how is traditional expectations of women’s strength and muscle challenged by participating in these competitions?

I love traditions but am anything but traditional! If you love something you just continue doing it regardless of what people think.
There is a school of thought that the female bodybuilder is a gender outlaw. What are your thoughts on that?

There are some countries that go as far as to forbid women from the sport entirely. Nothing good has ever come from oppressing ANYONE.
How disciplined do you need to be in this field?

100% all day every day.
We don’t see many Sri Lankans participating in bodybuilding competitions. Why do you think this might be?

When visiting Sri Lanka, I’ve noticed that the women seem to be shy, quiet and delicate. In the bodybuilding industry you see a lot of women who are outgoing, extraverted and hardcore. I luckily have found myself somewhere in the middle. I think that some women might find it difficult to find that middle ground, but I have! Which means so can anyone else!
If the opportunity arises, would you consider competing as a Sri Lankan at these competitions?

1000000%!!! I can’t wait for the day!
What sort of a ‘high’ do you experience before you go on stage?

I’m just ready to kill it! There’s no better feeling than getting to show case all the hours and hard work and dieting (a process that can be ugly at times) in the most stunning, glamorous, sensual way.
What are your thoughts after you step off the stage?

It feels like every fiber of my body and soul is filling with confidence, radiance, hardcore strength and femininity. I feel so much gratitude to be able to be a part of this sport.
How supportive has your family been in your endeavors?

Growing up my parents supported me with absolutely everything from joining the military, education, modelling, piano EVERYTHING. I attribute this as a key reason to my success. Now with my own family, I receive the same support. My husband is the key factor to balancing my career, family and bodybuilding. He literally takes care of the kids, driving them, baths, cooking, cleaning, homework, whatever it takes. I reciprocate of course! We take turns carrying the load but I admit he carries more than me (literally too, he’s a strong man!).
What is the most common misconception people have of you?

People often have the impression that since I’ve accomplished so many diverse things and am happy, I don’t struggle. That’s so far from the truth!! I make mistakes, cry, breakdown, feel overwhelmed, and even feel like giving up. But with the help of some amazing friends I get through it. My life is far from perfect and my day is filled with stress, but when I lean on these people it’s a lot easier to find the good in things.
What is your single most motivating factor?

My kids. I have a 4 year old who understand macros (carbs, fats, protein) more than most adults. He has inherited my passion for health and wellness. My 13 year old who came to the gym with me late on a Friday night when I didn’t want to go finish my cardio. I was 3 weeks from a show and he just said “Mama you have to because that’s what you would tell me”. I’m tearing up just talking about it!
What is the legacy you wish to leave behind?

That life if multi-faceted. You don’t need to fall into the stereotype that society has paved. You can be an army infantry qualified, mother, wife, fashion model, engineer, astronaut robotic instructing piano playing scuba diver who flies airplanes, and competes as a National level bodybuilder. THE WORLD IS WAITING FOR YOU. Bring your best. Be you. And NEVER give up on yourself!

Offline ravi777

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2022, 01:45:59 pm »
Kumi Jinadasa

Offline ravi777

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2022, 01:47:45 pm »
Female Bodybuilding Competitions in Sri Lanka

Offline ravi777

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2022, 01:51:22 pm »
Juliya Chalani Raigambandarage

Offline ravi777

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2022, 04:10:38 am »

Offline ravi777

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2023, 08:14:29 am »
Bodybuilder Madushi Amarasinghe

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Asian Muscle  |  Sinhala (Sri Lankan) Bodybuilder Girls

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View