Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
parapharma

gfx gfx
Advertising steroidify
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
574158 Posts in 72927 Topics by 28775 Members - Latest Member: edman10 April 19, 2024, 10:29:13 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Denise Rutkowski
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Denise Rutkowski  (Read 561214 times)

Offline alison brundage

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Re: Denise Rutkowski
« Reply #405 on: October 04, 2018, 08:18:07 pm »
With all my heart I wish her well.   She's still young with a life before her .   Lets all keep her in our thoughts and prayers. 
ALISON

From what I've heard she is still refusing to list any visitors, not even her closest relatives that are trying hard to visit her - maybe she doesn't want others to see her in this situation. She is already into her 4th month serving time but again being in jail at least guarantees her the basics i.e sanitation, food, shelter all of which she had to previously rely on the goodwill of places like the Presbyterian Night Shelter to get. Better yet, and this is NOT confirmed, she might actually be directed by authorities to seek medical treatment something her family struggled to get her to do. Its no where near perfect for her but at least this might actually turn out to be the lesser of two evils!

The qualities that she has that she applied to her training and preparation for bodybuilding she can draw on....those qualities are still there.   For now she is safe and for that I am thankful.  Faith as well.   My thoughts and prayers are with her
Alison

Forum Saradas

« Reply #405 on: October 04, 2018, 08:18:07 pm »

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
  • The Denise Rutkowski Story
« Reply #406 on: October 05, 2018, 02:35:49 am »
The qualities that she has that she applied to her training and preparation for bodybuilding she can draw on....those qualities are still there.   For now she is safe and for that I am thankful.  Faith as well.   My thoughts and prayers are with her
Alison

This is exactly what she did from somewhere around 2001 to 2005 when she was working as a gym instructor at Fort Worth, Tx.

It doesn't hurt to think of ways to help her; I suspect she will be incarcerated for a maximum of another two months but the question remains where is she going to go once she is out?  In terms of family, the only family member in Texas she has is her mother most of her other relatives are up in Pennsylvania.

I am praying that this doesn't end up being a Catch-22 for her once she is out. P.S Her latest criminal trespassing charge was simply because she failed to abide by the Night Shelter rules, from what I have been told that the people in need of the facility need to be in and out of the premises within strict timings which resulted in a fallout. I have checked the police arrest records for that day 27th May 2018 about 5 other people were arrested at that same address for the same charge(s).

Rare images of Denise from 2001 FLEX Magazine interview
Please help share and support the GoFundMe page created by Denise Rutkowski's mom

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #407 on: October 23, 2018, 06:34:47 pm »
Article Excerpt from Flex Magazine
April 1994

DYNODELTS Learn to shoulder the changes BY DENISE RUTKOWSKI
THIRD HEAVYWEIGHT, 1992 NATIONALS

Before I began working out with weights, I taught an aerobics class at the Lone Star Gym in Texas. One day in 1987, a friend there told me I had the potential to become a great bodybuilder. When I asked him why, he explained that the first thing everyone noticed when I walked in the door was my deltoids. That seemed a curious observation, but then I realized that delta are what allow that great bridge at the top of a physique. Everything else is suspended from this muscular overpass. In a sense no other body part is more important in the pursuit of great lines and symmetry. Intrigued by his suggestion, I started weight training, and within three months, everyone was calling me “Miss Delts.” When I first entered that gym, I didn’t even know what a bench press was; soon I wanted to be a bodybuilder so badly that I couldn’t be dragged out of there. At the time, I weighed only 105 pounds and my 5’5” frame was dominated by my delta. There seemed to be nothing I could about it. No matter how I trained, they grew. Eventually, the rest of my physique started to catch up, but my genetics were biased toward my delts. That’s no surprise; my brother is also broad-shouldered. My deltoids have responded so rapidly that I’ve had to periodically change my workouts simply to keep them under control. In the early stages of my bodybuilding career, I wasn’t aware of how genetics take over, so I did set after set of heavy behind-the-neck presses fro eights reps each. Since I was on a three-day-on/one-day-off schedule, I was working my shoulders almost twice each week. Naturally, they grew, but as I progressed, I entered an overtraining zone in which other body parts began to suffer, so I changed to a four-on/one-off split. I still didn’t get enough recuperation, so I went to do a two-on/one-off and even tried a two-on/two-off, until finally settled on my present program of hitting each body part once a week (with the exception of quads, which I work twice a week).It was a hard lesson to learn, but I finally realized just how important recuperation is. No longer am I concerned about the frequency of my workouts; in fact, I often take three days off in a row. Even so, I’m still growing. Having said that, I don’t believe that beginning bodybuilders should train each bodypart only once a week. You must overload and over stress your body at the start in order to build a solid muscle foundation. It may not be necessary to perform numerous sets twice a week, but two-a-week workout at the beginning of your career seem to be best. As your intensity and poundages increase, you can gradually incorporate more recuperation. Back when I was working my shoulders twice a week, my routine was four sets of behind-the-neck presses, four sets of laterals and three sets of either bent laterals or upright rows (on alternate workouts), finishing with five sets of dumbbell shrugs. Fortunately, I was coached from day one to perform every movement with strict form, so I never adopt any bad lifting habits. Not only does proper form enhance muscle development, but it’s equally important for safety. Take my word for it, if you lift heavy, you will injure your shoulders. Many of my friends have undergone shoulder surgery, ending to severely limiting their bodybuilding careers. Incorrect form is simply not worth the risk. At the beginning of 1990, I changed to a four-on, one-off schedule and modified my exercises somewhat. For my first shoulder exercise, I began dong behind-the-neck presses one workout, Arnold dumbbell presses the next. For lateral raises, I’d occasionally throw in tripe-down sets. I basically stuck with this routine for two years, at which point I stopped doing behind-the-neck presses altogether. That had always been an odd movement for me, and by the end of 1991, the aches and pains it created finally became too much. I switched to dumbbell presses (occasionally substituting machine presses so as not to force my shoulders backward. My reps remained in the eight-to-10 range. Because my traps were beginning to overpower my physique at this point, I also dropped my shrugs, and I haven’t done them since. When I look at myself in the mirror, I don’t want to see big traps; that’s what leads to a blocky appearance. There’s a fine line separating femininity from masculinity, and for me, big traps cross over that line. Just prior to winning the 1993 USA, I made another change to my current program, extending the training period of my entire body over five days. For the first delt exercise, I alternate between dumbbell presses and machine presses, at all times keeping the movement at the outside of my delta rather than toward the rear. Exercise number two is laterals. These are begun with the dumbbells in front of my body, palms reversed, with my pinkies almost touching. I then raise the dumbbells, but only to shoulder height, twisting my pinkies up toward the ceiling at the top of the movement. For exercise number three, I alternate bent laterals one workout with the rear-belt machine the next workout. My bent laterals are performed seated on the edge of a bench with my chest lowered to my quads. At the starting position, I hold the dumbbells together under my thighs, then raise them to no higher than shoulder level. I use the same form on the rear-debt machine: I don’t bring the handles back so far that my middle back takes over the work my rear delta are supposed to be doing. If I feel my shoulders are just not getting the pump I want, I’ll throw in some upright rows once in a blue moon. Total offseason sets for shoulders are still around 16, but reps are mostly in the 10-12 range. Changes for precontest training are an occasional thing for me. Most often, I train heavy right up to the show. Whereas a lot of bodybuilders speed their training up during precontest, my training actually slows, because I concentrate even more on a perfect movement with a squeeze, a hold and good form. Beginning four weeks out, I gradually slip in more cable work and supersets, and increase my reps to 12-15. But I basically try to retain as much size as possible right up to the time I step onstage. There are as many different training styles as there are bodybuilders, which probably accounts for the variety of physiques in lineups, but superior deltoid development is a real rarity. You can count the number of superb shoulders in this sport on two hands. The reason, I feel, is the natural tendency to work delta too heavy. We’re tempted to show off the weight we can lift rather than perform the exercise properly. The secret for great deltoids, more than for any other body part, is to keep ego out of the gym. Stay within a range of manageable poundage, but still go for heavy enough weight to stay within the range of eight to 10 reps. That’s where deltoids respond best.

To contact Denise Rutkowski, write to 1617 Lincoln Blvd., #247, Venice CA 90291.

Other images from the article: some might have been posted here already...

Please help share and support the GoFundMe page created by Denise Rutkowski's mom

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #408 on: October 24, 2018, 04:42:47 am »

Partial Article Excerpt from Flex Magazine
April 1994

1993 Ms O. Coverage by Lori Grannis

In second place was Miss Blonde Ambition herself, Rutkowski. Denise hit the contest trail with a vengeance in 1993, turning pro at the USA, and handily winning her first pro show at the Jan Tana a short time afterward. Her success is all the more amazing in light of the problems and illnesses she had to contend with, not to mention the physical stress brought on by the frequency of her contest entries in the five months preceding the Ms. O. Through it all, her condition remained awesomely consistent. Her frenetic pace has given her little opportunity to sharpen her physique, not that it needs much. But to do better against Murray in ’94, Rutkowski will have to bring in her waist a bit. She compensated for it with her performance - undulating into poses that seem to have been made just for her - and was duly rewarded with her high placing. As good as she is in a pre-judging forum, Denise may need another year, perhaps two, to achieve the complete professionalism and relaxed poise that Murray radiates so naturally. I liken Rutkowski to a female version of Flex Wheeler. She has the same quality to her muscularity, a similar fullness of the muscle bellies and the same precise separation throughout her physique. According to her choreographer, the talented Rick Adams, who whipped up her scintillating floor mopping routine to Madonna’s “Justify My Love,” Rutkowski boldly stated back in 1985 that she would someday wear the Ms. Olympia crown. Though Adams spanked her attitudinally, he also realized that she had the potential to back up her words.

Lori Grannis

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #409 on: October 26, 2018, 07:22:22 pm »
2018 update

I have been following up with her for almost a year now - on and off of course!- and it seems that she has hit some hard times as of late, or has relapsed. The PEDs/Androgens she had been administering into her body without medical supervision (depending on how you view Dan Duchiane!) seem to have taken their toll once again - she has been arrested a couple of months ago (NO MUGSHOTS WILL BE SHARED!). She was charged with criminal trespassing - more on the incident later on - but what was interesting is that she was placed on a 200$ bond which a couple of weeks into her custody was dropped to 0$. Now I am not familiar with the legal procedures in the US but based on those I conversed with it seems that she might have been directed towards getting medical treatment - yet to be confirmed. Back to the incident, the location of arrest matches one of the home shelters in Texas where she - presumably - was working and staying at. I did some research on the place and based on the reviews it evidently was a toxic environment especially for someone already predisposed like Denise; insanitary/inedible food/looting-loitering/drug abuse just to name a few. Bearing this in mind it seems as if - in comparison at least - she might have actually ended up in a 'better' place by being placed in a correctional facility. At least this way she will be forced into treatment which was completely out of the question given the environment she was in before. No way of telling for sure how this might end up, even given the fact she was arrested before since this time its different seeing as previously the most jailtime she spent was a couple of nights - this time she has already completed her second month in custody.

2018 update- Follow Up

During my previous post, Denise was already into her second month in custody. As of tomorrow, she would be approaching her 6th - and final (at least according to what she was charged with)- month. Now the sticking point remains: how can she do things differently in order to avoid another relapse?

Just to contextualize it:
  • Apart from her mother - who is barely making ends meet for herself, she has no one else in Fort Worth...literally, NO ONE!
  • Finding a job is almost impossible given she is already 56 with a record
  • Most likely facing some sort of mental illness - not sure if received an official diagnosis or treatment for that while being incarcerated
  • Stubbornness - the reason why is being incarcerated ATM (failed to abide by the Night Shelter rules and as always ended up getting into a confrontation)
  • Overly religious which again might be partly driven by the 3rd point

Although it doesn't hurt to make suggestions, turning this around would require nothing short of a miracle.

Offline marvin

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #410 on: October 30, 2018, 01:12:43 pm »
Sadly you are right, it will take a miracle. Maybe Denise is due a miracle.

2018 update- Follow Up

During my previous post, Denise was already into her second month in custody. As of tomorrow, she would be approaching her 6th - and final (at least according to what she was charged with)- month. Now the sticking point remains: how can she do things differently in order to avoid another relapse?

Just to contextualize it:
  • Apart from her mother - who is barely making ends meet for herself, she has no one else in Fort Worth...literally, NO ONE!
  • Finding a job is almost impossible given she is already 56 with a record
  • Most likely facing some sort of mental illness - not sure if received an official diagnosis or treatment for that while being incarcerated
  • Stubbornness - the reason why is being incarcerated ATM (failed to abide by the Night Shelter rules and as always ended up getting into a confrontation)
  • Overly religious which again might be partly driven by the 3rd point

Although it doesn't hurt to make suggestions, turning this around would require nothing short of a miracle.
User is currently banned [View]

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #411 on: November 02, 2018, 08:11:50 pm »
We'll see how this turns out by the end of the month...hopefully talking to her wont be so difficult once she is out.

Offline marvin

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #412 on: November 02, 2018, 09:10:58 pm »
Well I don't know about a miracle. But she'll need a friend. Seems to have one in you.

We'll see how this turns out by the end of the month...hopefully talking to her wont be so difficult once she is out.

User is currently banned [View]

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #413 on: November 09, 2018, 04:19:56 pm »
Well I don't know about a miracle. But she'll need a friend. Seems to have one in you.

I try to balance out all the negative connotations people associate her with nowadays. Again, I am hoping to chat with her soon but only God knows what her mood/demeanor will be like once her incarceration is over. Another tidbit for you guys..

Offline DRF

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #414 on: November 22, 2018, 07:39:29 pm »
Article Excerpt from FLEX Magazine July 1993

Denise Rutkowski
WORK IT, GIRL!

The following is an interview with Denise Rutkowski, the hottest amateur female bodybuilder on the national scene. She is an interviewer’s dream - candid, delightful and insightful. Her third place finish in the 1992 NPC Women’s Nationals caused a ripple throughout bodybuilding and caused more than a few knowledgeable folks to ponder the future of women’s bodybuilding. In the words of one FLEX writer:” She was the only amateur at that show with pro-caliber muscle.” Yet she finished third in a class she was expected to win hands down, and didn’t even receive a consolation prize for her efforts. She is quite open and even a bit philosophical about her Nationals experience. One thing is certain for 1993: When the smoke clears after this year’s USA, she plans on enjoying a victory cigar that’s going to make the one Red Auerbach used to puff after Boston Celtics victories look like a toothpick.

Fairfax Hackley discovers what drives Denise Rutkowski in her assault on the Women’s bodybuilding scene.

Photography by Chris Lund and Ralph DeHaan

FLEX: Let’s dispense with the niceties. How did you feel about your placing at last year’s Nationals?
Denise Rutkowski: That show was mine! That was the one show out of all the shows in which I have competed where I was truly on. If you look at the pictures in the magazines and the video, you will see that I won that class hands down.

Did you agree with the changes that are being made in women’s bodybuilding?
I think that despite my loss, it was a step in the right direction. Some of these women were getting too extreme. Coming from a woman like myself who is naturally large to begin with, that’s saying quite a lot. The move toward a “softer” look was a blessing for some of us, because competitive bodybuilding is so hard on the body with all the training and extreme dieting. It’s going to encourage a healthier appearance onstage for a number of the competitors.

It was stated that you were depressed after the Nationals. Were you bitter in any way?
I had never lost a contest before, so knowing how hard I had prepared this time out, third place was really a blow. A number of people came up to me and said that I should have won. People wanted me to do photoshoots afterwards, but I was drained.

It was said that you were downright uncooperative.
I had put so much into the preparation for that contest. Bodybuilding is not a cheap sport to compete in. It takes a lot of time and money to train and eat the way that you have to in order to be competitive. There are so many sacrifices. After the contest I just wanted to regroup. I was too driven and focused for that contest. I put everything I had into winning. In retrospect, though, not winning was a blessing in disguise.

In what way?
It made me realize that there was more to life than just winning. It’s important to be focused, but not to the detriment of other things in life. In order to be a good winner, you must learn how to be a good winner, you must learn how to be a good loser. It was hard to take at first, but gradually I came to realize that there is a lesson to be learned in everything.

What would you have done had you won?
I was hoping to compete in the Ms. International as my first pro show because of the prestige. I have this strong desire to compete in the Ms. Olympia.

Why such a desire to turn pro?
I have this fantasy about competing against two people: Lenda Murray and Cory Everson!

I guess you also have a strong desire to remain in third place?
What is important to me is how I stack up; just being a part of the excitement. Lenda is the new ideal and Cory left ash the top of her game. Imagine Cory going up against Lenda! That’s a nice fantasy, don’t you think?

Speaking of fantasies, there is a story that you were an exotic dancer.
I don’t discuss my private life with anyone.

But don’t you think there is a certain truth that we must all face about ourselves?
Since coming to California, I’ve found that there is a lot of craziness out here. There is also a lot of jealousy. I like my privacy. Who my friends are and who I date is my business. I like it that way.

So is the story true?
No comment. The less I say about it, the better!

Where did you obtain such savvy?
I got started in bodybuilding because of a man named Rick Adams. He is known in the business as “Rappin’ Rick.” He taught me everything I know about the sport of bodybuilding. I walked into his gym one day when I lived in Texas, all 100 pounds of me. I told him that I wanted to be a pro some day. He laughed at me.

At 100 pounds, we’d laugh at you too!
Well, after he say how serious and determined I was, he started to coach me. But he taught me more about life than he did bodybuilding.

What did you learn from him?
How to handle myself in any given situation. Like how to respond to your question about my private life, and things like that. He taught me how to train, how to diet. Ig he had told me to eat rocks and dirt, I would have done so! I just put into practice everything he taught me.

Well, here’s a loaded question: Did you feel that Laura Bass should have beaten you for the heavyweight title?
No way! She simply had no muscle. No muscle to turn pro, that is. Given the new criteria at the time, she still lacked muscle maturity.

What about the winner, Drorit Kernes?
This is where I got confused. Drorit was very hard and muscular, but in the other two classes the winners were a lot softer. That is why the Nationals overall was a puzzle to many people. Drorit and I should have gone up against each other. That would have been a good matchup.

What are your plans for 1993?
The USA, the Jan Tana, the Ms. Olympia.

You seem pretty confident about winning the USA. What if you lose?
I’ve got to win that show, but if not, then I will have to look at the Nationals again. But I don’t plan on losing this time out.

Let’s get personal again. You have a tattoo on your right ankle. What does it say?
It’s a heart with a weight through it that reads “Flex Appeal.” I use makeup to cover it up when I compete.

What do you like to do for fun?
Are you getting personal again?

No, just inquisitive.
I like to come home to my two pit bulls: Athena and Gangster. When I have had a hard day they bring out the best in me.

The dog in Madonna’s book, Sex, brought out the best in her too!
That’s funny. I wonder what that dog saw in her anyway!

What type of training do you indulge in these days?
In the past I had a four-on/one-off routine. Right now I have no set routine, because I daywork out with a client and train whatever they are training on that day. I switch the routine around.

What about your diet?
I hate chicken, so I eat a lot of tuna fish. That’s a carryover from the days when I had no money. I can always find a can of tuna. Unlike a lot of bodybuilders, I firmly believe in a high-protein diet. I eat the same way year-round. I don’t have to diet as long as other people because I strive to eat as clean as possible. I also like flank steak on occasion. I’ll eat rice, broccoli, pasta, oatmeal, egg whites and Cream of Rice. That’s it. I eat the same amount of protein daily, which is around 200 grams. I eat between 250-450 grams of carbs, depending on whether it’s offseason of contest time. Sometimes my protein may drop down to as low as 150 grams a day.

How old are you?
As old as you want me to be!

Who impresses you in bodybuilding?
Lenda and Cory. They can juggle very heavy schedules, they market themselves well, and they are sexy.

Are you sexy?
As sexy as you want me to be! I like being onstage and posing. I have a strong jazz background, and I use that in my routine. I like to guest-pose because I can be creative. Right now I’m doing some film work that I am excited about. California is definitely the place to be if you want to do that!

You have been a wonderful interview because I’m known to be a very demanding, tough interviewer. I had no trouble breezing through this one.
Exactly what I want to do to the competition this year! Having lost last year taught me a whole lot. I plan on being ready this time. When the smoke clears, I will be the last one standing onstage. The USA is in California again this year. I want to bring the house down and set it on fire - just enough to light the victory cigar I missed out on last year.

To contact Denise Rutkowski, write to 6002 Adelaide Ave., San Diego CA 92115.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Denise should be released within 5 days. Let's see how it goes....

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    70%
    • HerFlex Muscle Stories and art
« Reply #415 on: November 24, 2018, 02:03:28 am »
I enjoy the updates.

:thanks:
Please support me at: www.patreon.com/herflex

Offline Kujarer

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    20%
  • Lovely Ladies with Massive Muscles R What I Like!
« Reply #416 on: December 19, 2018, 09:38:40 am »
You can find about the movie Amore 1993, by doing a google search "watch amore 1993 movie online"...it is on youtube I think, as well as other sites. I have not seen any scenes with Denise yet though.

Footage from Amore! can be seen here:  http://saradas.org/index.php?topic=481304.msg1742553#msg1742553
“Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first and the lesson afterward.”  ~Oscar Wilde

:wow:

rom553

« Reply #417 on: January 12, 2019, 04:22:53 pm »
Went through my archives and found these, sorry if there are any duplicates.

rom553

« Reply #418 on: January 14, 2019, 10:15:23 pm »

Offline jdm022

• Gold Member VIP
  • Activity:
    70%
    • HerFlex Muscle Stories and art
« Reply #419 on: February 05, 2019, 02:57:51 am »
Please support me at: www.patreon.com/herflex

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Denise Rutkowski

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View