Forum Saradas

Donate today to show love to your community!
gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
steroidify

gfx gfx
Advertising parapharma
gfxgfx

Welcome to Forum Saradas! Female Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini

Do you love female bodybuilding and events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic? Are you interested in female bodybuilding, fitness, figure & bikini?
If so check out and join our female bodybuilding forum! Saradas is the oldest and most popular female bodybuilding, fitness forum.

🔥 At Saradas you will find the most amazing and rare pictures of probably every female professional bodybuilder who has ever competed.   
🔥 You can keep up with female bodybuilding news from all over the world and hear the latest on your favorite bodybuilder.
🔥 You will find the latest updates on bodybuilding events like the Olympia and the Arnold Classic.

Saradas is your one stop female bodybuilding resource. Come and join us!

Saradas - The Internet Female Bodybuilding Database

gfx gfx
gfx
572872 Posts in 72122 Topics by 28628 Members - Latest Member: soretto995 March 29, 2024, 03:35:58 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Sharon Marvel
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sharon Marvel  (Read 217285 times)

Offline goldbricker

• Activity:
    0%
Re: Sharon Marvel
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2013, 04:01:06 am »
Well it it's true then it's crazy she's not being given tribute, she's one of the most highly recognized names in FBB history.  Incredible.

There is some indication of an untimely demise; still, to go unnoticed around here is nuts. 

Offline zig563

• Activity:
    0%
  • Female Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2013, 04:05:28 pm »
She was one of the best fbbs of the 90's. I would say it is well confirmed. Does anyone not realize that both Lori Braun and Dave Palumbo were good friends with Sharon and would never confirm her death if it was not true. There may be a reason there is no big long obituary. I'd assume her husband, family, friends, or all of those did not want one. I met her a few times and know for a fact she was quite close with several of the people who posted on her death, so there is nothing overly fishy about it. No way does Lori Braun post that if it is not true. Sharon did work for her site. She would know.

She had been making a comeback as recently as 08, but she had been quiet for a while. I'm not sure if the 2 are related. I  recall how thick she was in late 1995. Short and all kinds of thick. Nice person.

Offline Old Surehand

• Activity:
    100%
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2013, 10:00:06 pm »

Offline hwillish

• Activity:
    6.67%
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2013, 01:24:39 pm »
In my mind, Sharon's death was not unexpected.  Having met her back in early '09 she was having some significant "health issues" not particularly related to her bodybuilding career.

Out of respect, that's all I will say, but I'm just saying...

Offline zig563

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2013, 07:36:50 pm »
Lots of girls have said what Lenda said. They have compulsive personalities. Colette Nelson has talked openly about that.

Sharon had come back and done a few wrestling vids and viceo shoots in 07 and 08 and then kind of disappeared. If she had been ill, then that would explain the  comeback and then being gone from the sport.

She was a nice person.

Offline jimmyd1

• New
  • Activity:
    0%
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2013, 05:47:30 pm »
So very sad.

She was one of first ladies that I sessioned with ... back when she was with Robin Parker. I always saw her when she passed through my area. I think she had a bit of tumultuous life, a bad marriage and she def had health issues later in her life. I'll never forget her.

LuvBigChix

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2013, 06:25:33 pm »
Funny how I know intellectually having a muscular physique doesn't make you impervious to other health issues, but it still strikes me as incongruous the early death of someone whose physique screamed at concert loudness of enormous physical power and near invincibility. I still look at Ray Martin 43, when she poses and lifts at 5-3, 175, with awe at her thickness and aura of strength. Or the deep, almost animal sexuality she radiated from the cover of WPW and inside photo shoot back in 1987 in the green bikini. That woman, so radiating vitality and base appeal, is dead so soon? Damn shame.

I know she went through some really rough periods, personally and economically. I hope she found happiness for a while at some point. RIP

Offline joe6345

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2013, 01:15:55 pm »
thank you so much for this. :clap:

Offline goldbricker

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2013, 11:12:15 pm »
RIP Sharon....one of our greats.    :'(

Offline Silver_Surfer

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2013, 05:23:53 am »
Thanks so much! My VCR ate this tape it's great to have it on digital download now.
She was a very close friend of mine. When I found out that she passed I was knocked back a few steps.
Such a sweet lady and one of the best FBB to ever grace the stage and so young! :(
For always in my heart and always in my thoughts.

R.I.P.  My friend.
I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over himself.

Aristotle

Ghostboy

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2013, 10:12:58 am »
Damm R.I.P She Whipped His Ass

Cradi

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2013, 10:17:42 am »
karma for you .... great video.. i think sharon marvel has a wrestling match with karla nelson it will be great if someone has this one !!!!

Sure, it would be awesome if someone could up this video... someone like me  :cool2:

It will come this afternoon.

Offline kholloways

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2013, 05:22:43 pm »
Years ago, on another board, a poster who reported having a session with Sharon said that she was drinking heavily, put on weight, and was depressed. Didn't her second marriage end as well?

What's odd is that she is still listed on the WB270 list.

Offline liam

• Activity:
    93.33%
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2013, 07:51:05 pm »
Sharon passed away? I didn't know that...  :o

What happened to her? When did she pass away? Does anyone know more?

:'(

Offline Silver_Surfer

• Activity:
    0%
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2013, 03:46:12 pm »
Years ago, on another board, a poster who reported having a session with Sharon said that she was drinking heavily, put on weight, and was depressed. Didn't her second marriage end as well?

What's odd is that she is still listed on the WB270 list.

I wrote the wb about her passing, but just like Denise Gerard he is keeping their name up. I forget why he said he was doing that, but anyway. The only person I remember telling people she had a drinking problem was Cheryl Harris when she and her had a falling out. Cheryl told me the same thing, but when I was around Sharon I never noticed it other than a glass of wine or 2 with a meal.

As for her putting on weight, that happen when she left bodybuilding with a bad taste in her mouth she kind of stop working out altogether. She go burned out...On top of that the judges told her she needed to get a boob job and she would place much higher. But she refused and felt that this was bodybuilding not a TNA contest. She had a point and I completely agree with her in that sense. But IMHO she was one of the best bodies on stage and one of the best posers. I'm not so sure she was depressed, but more unhappy with how the IFBB treated her and other ladies that competed. Her last marriage ended up in a divorce too...She thought he was the man she wanted to be with, but found out later that he wasn't the same person after they got married....

Not really sure how she passed...I've been looking up that information and trying to get in touch with her mother to find out.
I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over himself.

Aristotle

Forum Saradas  |  Female BodyBuilding & Fitness & Figure - Members Area  |  Memorable Female Muscle & Hall of Legends  |  Sharon Marvel

gfxgfx
Forum Saradas does not host any files on its own servers.
gfx
It only points to various links on the Internet that already exist.
It is recommended to buy Original Video, CD, DVD's and pictures only.
gfx
Mobile View