Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by schillster1 on 11 Sep 2017
  • Growing up, I used to go to a book store that sold everthing, including body building magazines (other than what mags we see today).  The was a magazine called Natural Bodybuilders, both men and women, no steroid or muscle enhancers and for the ladies, breast enhancement, just ways to build.  Now I would like to know is if today there are still such things as "Natural" bodybuilders.   :thanks:
  • #2 by pumpfiction on 11 Sep 2017
  • Check feds like WNBF, OCB or the rising DFAC.
  • #3 by asapferg on 11 Sep 2017
  • The reason why natural bodybuilding don't get much attention, cause pro bodybulding has deeper pockets. Many get sponsorship from the supplement companies. Cause natural means no supplements or enhancement drugs there are few companies sponsoring it.
    • asapferg
  • #4 by Old Surehand on 11 Sep 2017
  • The reason why natural bodybuilding don't get much attention, cause pro bodybulding has deeper pockets. Many get sponsorship from the supplement companies. Cause natural means no supplements or enhancement drugs there are few companies sponsoring it.
    The only reason is there is no real market for natural bodybuilding. Women cannot get the mass and cuts we all love without drugs. You guys who cry over these girls downsizing to physique class would really have a fit if every contest went drug free.
  • #5 by bruce321 on 12 Sep 2017
    Natural BB's use supplements. Pretty much everything sold in a nutrition store is allowable with perhaps the exception of something like DHEA. Why wouldn't they use protein powder and aminos? They don't get attention because they're small and not as conditioned as people using PEDs. Right or wrong, you aren't going to sell your supplements using the picture of somebody you'd see at your local gym, who's not even one of the bigger people in the room.
  • #6 by 87fg on 12 Sep 2017
    The only reason is there is no real market for natural bodybuilding. Women cannot get the mass and cuts we all love without drugs. You guys who cry over these girls downsizing to physique class would really have a fit if every contest went drug free.

Not true, I present Christy Resendes. She is a natural competitor and has a wonderful physique. She's pretty big to me.

• 87fg
  • #7 by Old Surehand on 12 Sep 2017

Not true, I present Christy Resendes. She is a natural competitor and has a wonderful physique. She's pretty big to me.

She's always claimed to be drug free and I'm not one to question her. I will say she's an exception, if she's really drug free. Very few women can look like her without drugs.
  • #8 by bruce321 on 12 Sep 2017

• She looks pretty small to me with this tape measure around her arm. And that is big for a natural - if she's natural.
  • #9 by 87fg on 12 Sep 2017

She's always claimed to be drug free and I'm not one to question her. I will say she's an exception, if she's really drug free. Very few women can look like her without drugs.

This is Jenny Arthur Olympic weightlifting athlete. She is muscular and she competes in the most drug tested athletic event. Yes, women can gain muscle with out drugs.

• 87fg
  • #10 by Old Surehand on 12 Sep 2017
  • agevenue.com/img.php?image=th_186842679_JennyArthur_122_127lo.jpg][/URL]

Do you really believe Jenny Arthur could win an NPC bodybuilding/physique event without drugs?
  • #11 by bruce321 on 12 Sep 2017
  • This is Jenny Arthur Olympic weightlifting athlete. She is muscular and she competes in the most drug tested athletic event. Yes, women can gain muscle with out drugs.
    Ignore the point and change the subject. Nobody said women can't gain any muscle without drugs, though that would be limiting. The context of the conversation is bodybuilding, which implies size and leanness. I think if Jenny Arthur had the same BF% as Christy Resendes who's the same height, she'd be even smaller. Certainly in the upper body. Care to return to the topic subject?
  • #12 by phy911 on 12 Sep 2017

• Christy at 15.
    • phy911
  • #13 by asapferg on 12 Sep 2017

I would have to agree. With her conditioning she's at fitness or figure level. I won't say she's not taking something or either she has great genetics. :o
    • asapferg
  • #14 by sa2009 on 13 Sep 2017
  • I wouldn't be surprised if Christy R . is natural . But certainly very few fbb's are natural . But that being said Tina Lockwood is the one exception with or without stuff , had the ability to build of any woman . Tina age 19

• #15 by 87fg on 13 Sep 2017
  • agevenue.com/img.php?image=th_186842679_JennyArthur_122_127lo.jpg][/URL]

Do you really believe Jenny Arthur could win an NPC bodybuilding/physique event without drugs?

Well, that cannot be determined  by just looking at her. She is lifting for strength not building a physique. Jenny Arthur may have the potential, but she trains for strength not muscular hypertrophy. She seems to have a good base. This is just pure speculation. I would not say its impossible, but extremely difficult.
    • 87fg
Pages:
Actions